SASS Wire Forum

wrong full arrest

rawhide teddy01

I don't watch TV when this is on the wire, it's soooooooo much more entertaining than TV. You guys should all meet and have a Beer while thinking about what you write in this here electronic media stuff. Go get 'em boys.... :lol: :lol: :lol: this is great stuff. Just sayin'

Big Jake

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Roscoe P. Coletrain, "MY COUNTY" my butt. Just tryin to act like a big shot. The county belongs to the residents, not no dang citizen with a gun and a badge.

Lone Dog, about you and the dog, I once saw the drug dog in Waco make a hit between the front seats of a Monte Carlo the cops had stopped. They really had something then, till the cop reached tween the seats and pulled out a chicken bone. True story, them dang dogs aren't God. But some cops think they are.

Yup my little Pug will do the same darn thing and she won't give up till she comes up with said bone. Adios Sgt. Jake

Yep...between this thread and the one in the Saloon about a guy getting his gun stolen and returned with a note....I had to make some popcorn and enjoy the evening reading them.

BK, apparently you had not committed a traffic offense but were the victim of a fishing expedition. his job which entails traffic enforcement but also the interdiction of illegal cargo then there is usually a dog either on board or close by. Once the dog alerts then no warrant is necessary to search. Whether you like it or don't like it.

:o I say, now, Officer Lone Dawg, I say, I think I see what it is yo sayin' der wit da dawg. I mean any ol' dawg could be made to indicate say a chicken bone or a swift JERK on dat leash. You Officer Dawg being the main interpreter of dat der dawg could pretty much say, "Now see h'year Yo Honah, dat gud ol' dawg done waggled his tail der" Daz how we know'd dis h'year Bro King been needin' a good tossin' o' his sh** all obah da roadside in big ol' messy pile."

"Les trow dat good book at da long-haired no-good hippy cowboy. Be confiscatin' his red trut, white trailer and all dem bullits... why he's a danger to polite society. Had hisownseff 10-12 gunz in der, too. GImme I say, Gimme a medal fo savin' da town!"

Bet you got that dog yappin' whenever you need him to right, LD? ;)

Never had no dog meowndangself but had friends that did. A trained drug dog does not alert on chickenbones. Anyways since I retired a coupla months ago I been busy growing my hair and beard out too. Pretty soon gonna look scruftier than you BK. And I always travel to and from shoots with a dozen or so guns. Listen I hear what you are saying and I agree too many law dawgs are eat up with big badge-itis. I hate it just as much as you, if not more. Any sullying of the badge angers and saddens me to no end. So really I am on y'alls side of this constitutional debate here. Just trying to point out a few realities. Let's talk about something else at the second annual TX State WBAS champeenships. You are gonna be there aintcha? I hope to improve on my next to last place finish of last year.

I never said it was Pop, I simply said that if a traffic stop was the same as an arrest then the LEO would need to Mirandize before asking questions. My point was that traffic stops are not the same as typical arrests, and that's one reason why the subjects aren't read Miranda rights prior to being questioned. It sounds like you're saying that if you don't like the responses you get you'll look for any reason you can find to make an arrest? Nice. :blink:

I don't know who Bubba Head is either.

No, I'm not saying that that I look for a reason to make an arrest. BUT, the responses will be acted on, I am long past the "rookie" stage, so I don't give a flip about arrest. I think LD was trying to say that responses will get you in more trouble than your in............ we don't try cases on the side of the road. Every now and then someone will try and it don't go well. Save the fight for the court room.

Howdy Captain Bill Burt,

Kentucky Wrangler has a website, www.circlemsaddlery.com , that lists contact info. Any pards from the area been in touch with him?

Hasta Luego, Keystone

No, I'm not saying that that I look for a reason to make an arrest. BUT, the responses will be acted on, I am long past the "rookie" stage, so I don't give a flip about arrest. I think LD was trying to say that responses will get you in more trouble than your in............ we don't try cases on the side of the road. Every now and then someone will try and it don't go well. Save the fight for the court room.

One of my best hunting buddies is a top criminal defense attorney in Larimer county CO. He says over and over that the first $10k is spent trying to undo what you did with your open mouth. We all travel with rigs full of guns and bullets. Learn from poor Aramis' example.

Don't answer questions; be polite; don't agree to a search; turn your camera phone on. The defense rests..... :FlagAm:

Oh, Oh, It's gittin' better n better by the minute. Grrrrrrrrr. go git 'em doggie.

Jake

Haven been on for a few days and needed my morning laugh. These guys really do crack me up. Of course I know they are hopefully maken things up just ta push buttons. But they sure are funny and make me laugh! Thanks pards :lol:

How do you tell when a lawyer is lying? When his lips move! ^_^

When I was broke in on the job, I was taught that an arrest should be the last case scenario, something taken with regret, not joy.

As a Training Officer and as a Sergeant, I passed that along to my charges. I hope and pray that this one lesson stuck with them over the years.

Amen Sarge. For me a bad shift if when I had to arrest someone. Some young gung ho troops a bad shift is when they don't get to arrest somebody. But they will wise up someday if they stick long enuff.

BK, that lawyer gave you some good advice especially the part about turning on the cell phone video. My cell phone is a dumb phone so I don't know how long a smarty phone will video. No officer doing his job properly should fear being videod or get upset about it. What's curious to me is that some jurisdictions have passed laws making it illegal to record the police in their activities. Huh? Can you say an infringement on the 1st Amendment and bona facie unconstitutional. Anything that occurs out in public is fair game for being recorded.

Well Don't come to my County and try that. You will go to jail. A traffic violation is a Misdemeaner. End of story

Most traffic violations are infractions, but these are examples of misdemeanors:

Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs

Failing to stop at the scene of an accident,

Driving without a valid driver's license,

Driving without insurance,

Reckless driving.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Just FYI for all of you because I have run into this before. SASS Wire rules prohibit the solicitation of funds for any reason, no matter how worthy.

However you may simply post a link to an independent website that has the necessary information and just say, "Go here to help out Cowboy John Doe", or something to that effect. I've done it for pards in need before and it's okay with the Moderators.

Most traffic violations are infractions, but these are examples of misdemeanors:

Reckless driving.

An' failing that we can always hit 'em with highway mopery and attempt to gawk! Someting I learned in the old brown shoe days.

Olen

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Reckless driving.

But there is a "felony reckless driving"... I can assure ya. Drive in reverse... 70 mph... on an interstate.... and don't pull over with cops in tow. See what happens.

Nearly lost all of my guns over bein' stupid.

ts

An' failing that we can always hit 'em with highway mopery and attempt to gawk! Someting I learned in the old brown shoe days.

Olen

Har! And then there's rubber neckin' at the scene of an accident. A very serious and dangerous offense!

But there is a "felony reckless driving"... I can assure ya. Drive in reverse... 70 mph... on an interstate.... and don't pull over with cops in tow. See what happens.

Nearly lost all of my guns over bein' stupid.

ts

Yup..felonies exist in the traffic violation world too.

So....

I'll just believe ya ;)

GG

Howdy Captain Bill Burt,

Kentucky Wrangler has a website, www.circlemsaddlery.com , that lists contact info. Any pards from the area been in touch with him?

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Howdy Keystone I am kentucky wranglerso far ted saket and ghost contactme attoney fees about two thousand dollars and gas to go there850.00 I have for leagal funds 100.00 from Ted Sacket

an ghost 20 .00 long way to go and i am talking to NRA lawyer he may be will help he has not commited

yet .this is the update So far my web site WWW.lemsaddlery> com 210-214-1716

Well,

Plenty of talking going on. It seems this SASS Pard has got a real problem & is a real person. How can we help him? I gather that Kentucky Wrangler aka Aramis Gulbeyan Sr. is the owner of Circle M Saddlery & Gun Leather in San Antonio, TX. Has anyone from San Antonio visited with him? How can we help?

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Thank you Kestone you the only said i ahve very short time and very short funds hopfuly cowboys will pitch in or may be new rig or something.so six thousand hit but no dice . once more thank you . this what happens honest man comply with Leo and becomes instant ciminal becuse we sit back and never will happen they will not have our guns . question is if goverment want your guns if they have them and start to opress you how do stand up will you throw flowers while beimg shot at? I say all cowboys join the figth to preseve what left in this country.

My son serving in marines in japan whatching over commis while same goverment wants pass un tready sounds very dangerous. what will happen if pass on Monday the 27th ?

we will be instant criminals with 1911 handguns.

huh ? what are you trying to say ?

Nothin'... didn't mean nothin' by it, friend... just askin', that's all.

I salute anybody who's spellin' is worse than mine.

ts

One other thing, Mister... in this country... right or wrong, "ignorance" of the law ain't no excuse. Durin' my lifetime, I spent some time incarcerated. Unfun.

You got guns... you gotta brain... best bone up on laws.

Just my opine if'fn ya want to keep 'em.

REMEMBER THIS: The current gov'ment... as we know it... wants you to part with them guns.

And... from what sadly read... that's what is gonna happen.

Walk away from it.... and learn.

Please... don't respond to this post. Mr. Harris is requested to take this under my lowly advisement... from a nobody like me... after seven pages, best shut this down. Just my opine.

EDIT: It's a hard life... ain't it?

ts

I am kentucky wrangler I am one oldest wendor in sass I coming from norEaster and stoped by new york stste tropper for lane signal chancge . i was trasnporting in my hand guns in lock bok container and he ask me i told him and he retived the guns and arrset me .I live 2200 miles away in san antoino and have to show in court october 3 5.30PM I don.t know how to figth this and i can't even hire a lawer due to low income ANY BODY CAN HELP IN THIS MATTER I BE GREATFULL WHO EVER DOES THANK YOU AN ADVENCE

kENTUCKY WRAGLER

This tread is closed thank you for all who ever wanted help or did not want to help

See you down the trails

And special thank you for Ted sackett ,ghost. Wj and serif Oso

[i am Kentucky wrangler I am one oldest vendor in sass I coming from nor’easter and stopped by new York state trooper for lane signal change . i was transporting in my hand guns in lock box container and he ask me i told him and he retrieved the guns and arrest me .I live 2200 miles away in san Antonio and have to show in court October 3 5.30PM I don’t know how to fight this and i can't even hire a lawyer due to low income ANY BODY CAN HELP IN THIS MATTER I BE GREATFULL WHO EVER DOES THANK YOU AN ADVENCE

Kentucky WRAGLER

[i am Kentucky wrangler I am one oldest vendor in sass I coming from nor’easter and stopped by new York state trooper for lane signal change . i was transporting in my hand guns in lock box container and he ask me i told him and he retrieved the guns and arrest me .I live 2200 miles away in san Antonio and have to show in court October 3 5.30PM I don’t know how to fight this and i can't even hire a lawyer due to low income ANY BODY CAN HELP IN THIS MATTER I BE GREATFULL WHO EVER DOES THANK YOU AN ADVENCE

Kentucky WRAGLER

This tread is closed thank you for all who ever wanted help or did not want to help

See you down the trails

See you down the trails

Hello,

If you want it closed, you need to contact a moderator to do so.

Regards and Good Luck,

Allie Mo

Well,

Being in the right or having been wronged doesn't matter at this point. Kentucky Wrangler is between a rock & a hard place. Don't know the man. Either help or don't, enough talk.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Archived