SASS Wire Forum

wrong full arrest

rawhide teddy01

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get an attorney now. You are receiving some good advice here but some bad advice as well.

If it comes to helpin'...I'll pitch in $50.

PM me details if it comes to fruition.

GG ~ :FlagA

[/quot

i can pm yet joint recently

who ever want help send funds to 518 cormorant san antoino tx 78245 much appricated

make checks Aramis gulbeyan sr please put note legal fund .

so down the road i will make somthing or engrave your gun to make up for it

If it comes to helpin'...I'll pitch in $50.

PM me details if it comes to fruition.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

i can't pm yet joint recently

who ever want help send funds to 518 cormorant san antoino tx 78245 much appricated

make checks Aramis gulbeyan sr please put note legal fund .

so down the road i will make somthing or engrave your gun to make

I'll send one hundred dollars. Hope it helps.

While I have nothing against KW, He waved a flag in front of the bull.

Driving into NY State with a label on your vehicle that you have something to do with guns is not the brightest idea.

A little pre trip ressearch would have told KW to cover/remove the sign.

So in a way he contributed to the loss of his firearms.

It may not be legal and he may in the long run be able to get his firearms back if he sues NYS in FEDERAL court.

There is another potential problem, that is how does NY list the charges (Yes I know he said they were misdemeanors).

And will the background checks show them and cause future purchases to be denied.

JUst the facts of driving into the mouth of the bs dispenser on firearms.

Reality. Sorry KW.

Hacker,

You are assuming the LE saw the SASS or NRA label. It could have been the Texas license plate too. I don't have actually stats for this assumption on my part but I have been told by three different Texas residents that are traveling construction workers that were pulled over and searched while working in NYC. One claims the LE even told him that Texans were know to have guns on them.

Some of this may have been exaggeration on their part but I see the smoke so I believe there is a fire. NY is not a 2A friendly state for anyone.

Hacker,

You are assuming the LE saw the SASS or NRA label. It could have been the Texas license plate too. I don't have actually stats for this assumption on my part but I have been told by three different Texas residents that are traveling construction workers that were pulled over and searched while working in NYC. One claims the LE even told him that Texans were know to have guns on them.

Some of this may have been exaggeration on their part but I see the smoke so I believe there is a fire. NY is not a 2A friendly state for anyone.

Nate,

No assumptions on my part, the OP believes it was his sign as he expressed in his post number 63. (I think thats on page 2 of this thread).

Hi jack I did not have ammo I display holsters hand guns WERE in truck bed and locked in bin. I BELIVED PICKED ON ME BEUCUSE I HAVE SIGIN SAYS COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING DEALER.

http://www.new-york-lawyers.org/lawyer-attorney-1580408.html

As a LEO for 28 years, now retired, and a Sergeant for 14 of those, it is my opinion that stickers on a vehicle do not constitute Probable Cause for a search or reasonable belief that a crime has or will be committed. This was the rulings in Chicago, of all places....

My advice mirrors many here. Get a good attorney as I believe that you were a victim of a 4th Amendment Violation. Do n ot trust your future to a P.D. Most of them are excellent attorneys but their case loads are horrific and they will push for deals ratrher than looking out for YOUR best interests.

Win the case and then sue the crap out of the NYSP..... in Federal Court.......

I love Cops.... I detest hot dogs or stupid Cops.....

I took an oath to uphold The Constitution and I still hold that oath dearly. I took it as a Blood Oath....

OK Pards,

First off let me say that I would be more than happy to help out a Pard in need and a Texican.

But before I commit to anything there are a few things I would like to see/have explained.

First off I would like to hear the complete story from the time of being stopped to getting out of court.

Sorry KW but it needs to be told by someone that English is their first language. So you tell your story to someone that can understand and forward that info to me/us.

Next I want to see what the charges are on a ticket/arrest warrant or whatever.

Was the original stop still ticked?

What has the court told/demanded you to do and the date it takes place.

If you do not appear in NYS what happens?

How did you leave the State without a Bond?

So if you would like some help from me and the others that are probably thinking the same. I think these questions need to be answered so we can understand what really took place. Not just bits and pieces, but a complete report.

Sorry, just after being a LEO and in the Engr. Business that's just the way I do and think things.

More than happy to help,

WJ

Lou's link corrected....... shakedown legal gun owners

DO NOT FLY INTO NY CITY WITH GUNS!! A gun in a suitcase is considered carrying a concealled weapon without a license. Flying into NYC is a no no. Our range lost an annual Glock match due to difficulty the comptitors had flying in. Flying to Islip would be OK.

Back to issue at hand. This is the NRA take on New York State laws regarding firearm transport:

NEW YORK—Caution: New York state’s general approach is to make the possession of handguns and so-called “assault weapons” and “large capacity ammunition feeding devices” illegal and then provide exceptions that the accused may raise as “affirmative defenses” to prosecution. The only exceptions to the “assault weapons” and “large capacity” magazine bans are provisions which allow possession of otherwise banned items manufactured on or before September 13, 1994, or ammunition feeding devices “capable of operating only with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.” The possession or transport of any other “assault weapon” or “high capacity” magazine is a felony. The prohibited ammunition feeding devices include not just magazines that have a capacity of more than 10 rounds but those “that can be readily restored or converted to accept more than 10 rounds.”

Possessing a loaded handgun outside one’s home or place of business without a license is a felony. This applies not only to those who possess loaded handguns, but also to anyone who merely possesses a handgun and “at the same time … a quantity of ammunition which may be used to discharge such firearm.” Licenses to possess and carry handguns are not issued to out-of-state residents, unless they are principally employed or own a business in New York.

A nonresident who “has in his possession a pistol license or firearms registration card issued in accordance with the laws of his place of residence” may transport a handgun to and from, and possess a handgun while attending, “an organized competitive pistol match or league competition” approved by or conducted under the auspices of the National Rifle Association or the International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association or at a “an organized convention or exhibition for the display of or education about firearms” approved by or conducted under the auspices of the NRA, so long as all of the following apply: (1) the person is a competitor in the match or a registered participant in the exhibition or display; (2) the possession occurs during or within 48 hours of the event; (3) the person has never been convicted of a felony or a crime that within New York would constitute a felony; and (4) the handgun is transported unloaded in an opaque container together with a copy of the match or exhibition program, schedule, or registration card. A person may also possess or transport a handgun if he or she is a member or coach of an accredited college or university target pistol team who is transporting the handgun into or through New York to participate in a collegiate, target, or Olympic pistol competition approved by or under the auspices of the National Rifle Association. During transport the handgun must be unloaded and in a locked carrying case, and any ammunition for the handgun must be locked in a separate container.

A number of localities, including Albany, Buffalo, New York City, Rochester, Suffolk County, and Yonkers, impose their own requirements on the possession, registration, and transport of firearms. Possession of a handgun within New York City requires a New York City handgun license or a special permit from the city police commissioner validating a state license within the city. Even New York state licenses are generally not valid within New York City unless a specific exemption applies, such as when the New York City police commissioner has issued a special permit to the licensee or “the firearms covered by such license are being transported by the licensee in a locked container and the trip through the city of New York is continuous and uninterrupted.” Possession of a shotgun or rifle within New York City requires a permit, which is available to non-residents, and a certificate of registration. No person may possess a loaded rifle or shotgun anywhere in public within New York City limits. A non-resident without a permit may possess an unregistered long gun for up to 24 hours in New York City if in transit to a destination outside the city, provided that the firearm is at all times unloaded and in a locked case or locked automobile trunk and the person is “lawfully in possession of said rifle or shotgun according to the laws of his or her place of residence.”

All the matches hosted by the 3 clubs on Long Island are NRA sanctioned to allow young shooters and non residents to compete. Heluva Ruckus is also. Note the part about passing through New York City with hand guns: "Continuous and Uninterupted". I'm a bit worried this thread may discourage some from attending Heluva Ruckus next month or Melee on the Bay in October.

OK Pards,

First off let me say that I would be more than happy to help out a Pard in need and a Texican.

But before I commit to anything there are a few things I would like to see/have explained.

First off I would like to hear the complete story from the time of being stopped to getting out of court.

Sorry KW but it needs to be told by someone that English is their first language. So you tell your story to someone that can understand and forward that info to me/us.

So if you would like some help from me and the others that are probably thinking the same. I think these questions need to be answered so we can understand what really took place. Not just bits and pieces, but a complete report.

Sorry, just after being a LEO and in the Engr. Business that's just the way I do and think things.

More than happy to help,

WJ

[/quote

]

if i don't appear will be bench warrant

state trooper talk to judge and he let me go

here what happens i was following

Since he was having truck problem moved over forgot put my signal

he stop me I stop me and said i stop you signal change

And looked back of my truck here big sticker says cowboy action shooter dealer

He ask me again i said i don't have guns in the truck

but he ask me if had hand guns I said yes to him thinking transporting is not illegal

he climb up truck opened the box and he said turn around you under arrest

ask what I am just transporting them he said you need permit . and reply you not only guy I arrested him for handguns . took me to substation . Booked me wrote report and called judge my understanding

he did not set or bail want to come back August 8th they gave me public defender and he adjourned

till oct .3rd I could not say 9 days hotel I did not have the money.

OK Pards,

More than happy to help,

WJ

why dont you call me i can tell you in person 210-314-1716

OK folks, this is what I'm doing. I just sent a donation of $50.00 to the NRA. I will continue to monitor this thread with the intent of sending Aramis a donation of $50.00, if indeed his story is validated. I will NEVER go to New York, New Jersey, or Mexico and I will encourage my family and all SASS members to do likewise(sorry pardners in NYS).

Why is it that places that have the most anti-gun laws have the most shootings and crime? A pizza restuarant in Detroit just quit deliveries after dark because of robberies and shootings.

Ghost

why dont you call me i can tell you in person 210-314-1716

Yes I could do that, but it would still be he said you said.

The complete story needs to be told with all the back up that I requested.

That way all would know FROM YOU what took place.

Like I said I will do whetever I can do to help. I'm sure there are a lot of others on here that feel the same. That has already been shown by some very good Pards. I know a few of them and happy to call them MY FRIEND.

So You need to post what all took place. This doesn't need to happen today or tomorrow. At least I don't think so. Without a court date or whatever nobody knows.

I know for a fact that there are several Pards in your area that will help you with the facts so we can understand them.

WJ

Being a former LEO I hate to say this, but the only way to make some states & LEOs "give a crap" about federal law is for Congress to make wrongful or false arrest a criminal offense with 6 mos jail time and a hefty fine ($5,000.00), instead of just a civil offense. Many agencies and officers carry professional liability insurance. So if they're sued & lose the insurance pays and the officer and/or agency he/she works for is not out of pocket, and that's no real punishment. Mayors & governors, and supervisors who order such arrests should be locked up too. I detest stupid or ignorant cops. If you're going to enforce the law you better %#@(* sure KNOW the laws that you've sworn to uphold.

Hacker, only domestic violence misdemeanors show up on NCIS background checks. So KW can still purchase guns.

Yes I could do that, but it would still be he said you said.

The complete story needs to be told with all the back up that I requested.

That way all would know FROM YOU what took place.

Like I said I will do whetever I can do to help. I'm sure there are a lot of others on here that feel the same. That has already been shown by some very good Pards. I know a few of them and happy to call them MY FRIEND.

So You need to post what all took place. This doesn't need to happen today or tomorrow. At least I don't think so. Without a court date or whatever nobody knows.

I know for a fact that there are several Pards in your area that will help you with the facts so we can understand them.

WJ

I all ready told you i have to go to go back october 3rd

iam real I am not doing this to gain anthing as hard as it is for me to come up this way.

Ask serif oso he knows me I am honest to point. thank you for your support even by words means lot to me and i don't wish to any one what happend to me . thanks jim when i go back I will let you know outcome .if they don't put me in jail i see you down trail .

Through the Freedom of Information Act, get a copy of the police report. Copy it to a file and offer the e-copy through e-mail for those interested in reading it before donating to the legal fund. I would also scan the Texas id card, covering up most of the id numbers. E-mail that too.

If people are not comfortable donating this information may help reduce the fear of being scamed.

KQ

Howdy,

I have contacted our local NY SCOPE rep. ( 2nd Amendment Civil Rights org.) about this . He has a large dl list plus will inform other Scope reps. That way the word will get out to the other shooting orgs. in NY. Hopefully they will come and help KW in his time in need.

Nawlins Kid

Through the Freedom of Information Act, get a copy of the police report. Copy it to a file and offer the e-copy through e-mail for those interested in reading it before donating to the legal fund. I would also scan the Texas id card, covering up most of the id numbers. E-mail that too.

If people are not comfortable donating this information may help reduce the fear of being scamed.

KQ

Yup - I made a commitment to help, but again, need to see the outcome first....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hacker, only domestic violence misdemeanors show up on NCIS background checks. So KW can still purchase guns.

I know BUT what if they recorded it wrong.

Or what if he shows up and they issue a bench warrant or whatever its called.

How would that show up on the ncis checks.

NYState doesn't want people buying, owning nor using guns.

So what makes you think they can record this stuff correctly.

If they don't pay attention to federal laws I wouldn't bet that they do the rest of it right either

just my 2 cents worth about a worthless state.

Howdy,

I have contacted our local NY SCOPE rep. ( 2nd Amendment Civil Rights org.) about this . He has a large dl list plus will inform other Scope reps. That way the word will get out to the other shooting orgs. in NY. Hopefully they will come and help KW in his time in need.

Nawlins Kid

thank you for your help

Ya'll can wait if you want. The guy's legit. My wife has spoken to him at Lake Charles and Tin Star, and knew immediately who I was talking about. He started showing up at big matches just AFTER I had bought my new rig, otherwise I'd be wearin' HIS beatiful leather these days. I'm sending him some $ tomorrow, and he can use it as he sees fit.

Another way to support him is to follow this link. It looks like a Win- Win - Win to me.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=192568

FWIW...YMMV..SOso

Another way to support him is to follow this link. It looks like a Win- Win - Win to me.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=192568

FWIW...YMMV..SOso

Thanks for link SOso, I E-Mailed his web site to verify. I am going to send him a hundred via Pay-Pal when he verifies his account. After reading and following this thread the last few days and especially you fellow Texans and SASS pards vouching for him, I am sure he is another victim of unfortunate circumstance in NY State. After all of the suggestions and advice and what should and shouldn't be done, the bottom line is he will need financial help more than any kind of help most of us could give. As I understand he is in not very good health and has very limited resources. I know that ignorance of the law is no excuse but I think he was blind-sided by the charges as would most of us be in the same situation. I have been to and through New York State as was he, thinking I was legal by conforming to Federal Law but was lucky I guess and did not get pulled over for anything. I am not a rich or wealthy man by any means but probably have more than I deserve, so I am contributing so he may be able to hire a lawyer or representative to speak for him in court and possibly not have to go back to NY State.

Mink..........

Archived