SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Blackhawk

Crawdaddy

The First End of Trail was won using a Ruger Blackhawk. I started in the Game in 1985 using a .357 Ruger Blackhawk. 3 screw guns work just like the Colts and clones. Very rugged and dependable guns. Just sayin' :FlagAm:

Jake

:lol: :lol: Only in the modern category. :lol: :lol:

I believe the "Modern" category has been dropped. Adjustable sights revolvers can be used in most categories with the exception of Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl.

Barry Sloe

I believe the "Modern" category has been dropped. Adjustable sights revolvers can be used in most categories with the exception of Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl.

Barry Sloe

Suggest a bit closer reading of the category regs previously referenced in post #3. ;)

btw - I'm fairly certain that Jacknife KNOWS about the Modern category (FWIW - TRADITIONAL was dropped at the same time...but no one seems to remember THAT). :rolleyes:

Barry Sloe

Gunfighters also must use fixed sights

Suggest a bit closer reading of the category regs previously referenced in post #3. ;)

btw - I'm fairly certain that Jacknife KNOWS about the Modern category (FWIW - TRADITIONAL was dropped at the same time...but no one seems to remember THAT). :rolleyes:

Kinda...Traditional just morfed a bit...MODERN got ripped from underneath us and thrown into the garbage pit.

:(

Dang...miss my MODERN class...

Kinda...Traditional just morfed a bit...MODERN got ripped from underneath us and thrown into the garbage pit.

:(

Dang...miss my MODERN class...

I agree! And, can't BH's be used in Senior Duelist but not the Duelist category?

What a crock.

Wasn't trying to step on toes. Best advice was already noted, read the shooters handbook.

Barry Sloe

Wasn't trying to step on toes. Best advice was already noted, read the shooters handbook.

Barry Sloe

NO problem...typical Wire discourse.

...and WHAT, exactly, did Traditional "morf a bit" into??

We (Traditional shooters) ended up being grouped in with all them Modern shooters in the same Age-based categories...forcing us to compete using our fixed-sight Colt SAA's against them adjustable-sighted Ruger Blackhawks...

unlesss we wanted to change shooting styles or propellant. :P

(FWIW - when I started the SHB only listed THREE categories)

NO problem...typical Wire discourse.

...and WHAT, exactly, did Traditional "morf a bit" into??

We (Traditional shooters) ended up being grouped in with all them Modern shooters in the same Age-based categories...forcing us to compete using our fixed-sight Colt SAA's against them adjustable-sighted Ruger Blackhawks...

unlesss we wanted to change shooting styles or propellant. :P

(FWIW - when I started the SHB only listed THREE categories)

Well...most folks in modern...or at least a lot of 'em...or at least some of 'em screwed their rear sights down tight and wacked off the front sights...so they ended up bein just like yerz.

:rolleyes:

At least y'all didn't get stuck with a STOOPID name...Wrangler...stable boy that takes care of the stable horses...

:unsure:

Well...most folks in modern...or at least a lot of 'em...or at least some of 'em screwed their rear sights down tight and wacked off the front sights...so they ended up bein just like yerz.

:rolleyes:

At least y'all didn't get stuck with a STOOPID name...Wrangler...stable boy that takes care of the stable horses...

:unsure:

So Now we know who to get to feed and water the horses at PCSS :):):)

Be glad they don't call ya Serior now Silver Senior and soon to be That 70 Real Old Fart :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are doing Great suff at PCSS. Wish it was closer

Wyandot

So Now we know who to get to feed and water the horses at PCSS :):):)

Be glad they don't call ya Serior now Silver Senior and soon to be That 70 Real Old Fart :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are doing Great suff at PCSS. Wish it was closer

Wyandot

I finally made it to 49'er... :D

Thanks for the kind words WJ!

Archived