SASS Wire Forum

WTB CAS clothing/ assesories

Hoss

Howdy pards,

I'm new to the game, have my guns in hand or ordered, but I'm looking for some of the other stuff

Gun cart

4x shirts

Suspenders

13 EE boots prefer brown

Loading blocks

Anything else you can think of that a tenderfoot could use!

Where do ya live

Portland, TX, near Corpus Christi.

My first outfit was a simple shirt and Old Navy vintage striped pants (belt loops removed and buttons added for suspenders). This will get you to shooting quicker and this $12 outfit is still useful for shooting on rainy/muddy days. I have added four more cowboy outfits but still fall back on this is th weather is wet.

There are very good outfitters in the Cowboy Chronicle that have deals on pants/shirt/suspenders for under $100. Talk to your local cowboys and find out about local suppliers.

I found leather to be the most difficult part of my rig. Your category, guns and desired time period will help determine your best option on leather. Expect to spend $400 or so for leather. The Chronicle has some good choices on leather, but again, your local cowboys might be able to direct you to a local source. Check out photos in the Chronicle to see leather that is commonly used.

Send me your address and i'll send you a shirt i have a double of!! I'll even pickup the postage. Welcome to the fire, hope you enjoy it as much as i have all these years!!

Capt Hill B)

Just paying it forward!

I live in houston. I have a gun cart i would sell ya

PM sent.

Send me your address and i'll send you a shirt i have a double of!! I'll even pickup the postage. Welcome to the fire, hope you enjoy it as much as i have all these years!!

Capt Hill B)

Just paying it forward!

Thanks Cap. PM sent.

And I'm sure I am going to enjoy the sport. Went to my first match last week, had a great time, even managed to shoot 1 stage clean!

One of the things I really like about our sport is how willing everybody is to help out a newcomer. I was welcomed with open arms, was loaned rifle & shotgun (already have my revolvers)and lots of encouragemnet and advice.

I started about 6 months ago also and found a great deal on leather these guys are great to deal

with they had no problem adjusting to big guy sizes

ROUGHNECKSLEATHER.com

323 801 8090

It took about 2 weeks to get and I love the rig made to my specs all under $200.

I started about 6 months ago also and found a great deal on leather these guys are great to deal

with they had no problem adjusting to big guy sizes

ROUGHNECKSLEATHER.com

323 801 8090

It took about 2 weeks to get and I love the rig made to my specs all under $200.

Thanks Creekside. I already have my lather, got it from OldSlapout leather. Well pleased with it.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-accessories/mens-suspenders/21125.aspx

Deluth has the best suspendersI have found. They alsohave rivit buttons to turn any pants into suspender friendly. I have co9nverted a few thrift store pants for CAS use this way.

Forthe loading table, I use a leather strip with the appropiate size and number of holes punched in it to hooe rounds. got mine through High Plains Shooters Supply. Some people just use small cloth bags.

Archived