SASS Wire Forum

Lever Wraps

Stoney Creek

Some cowboys returning from US matches have reported that some match "officials" have required them to remove some leather wraps from rifle levers. The reason given is the back of the lever is not to have wrapping.

Since when? Has a new rule been slipped in or is this another example of local ignorance of SASS rules. One was reportedly at a State match.

"Levers may be wrapped or padded with leather or other natural material. Filler "blocks"or other such mechanisms designed to prevent all or drastically limit movement of the fingers within the lever loop are not allowed"

Last time I looked that is the rule for lever wrapping.

It is high time we stopped playing the polite Canadians and tell these bozos to read the rules.

I hope someone directly involved gets on this thread.

Stoney (the impolite Canadian)Creek

REPOST FROM THE RO INSTRUCTOR WIRE (this AM):

LEVERS

John Wayne style levers may be substituted on rifles for the standard factory lever.

Levers may be wrapped or padded with leather or other natural material.

Filler blocks or other such mechanisms designed to prevent all or drastically limit movement of the fingers within the lever loop are not allowed.

SHB p.7

I don't see where it says which part(s) of the lever may be wrapped/padded and/or which sections of the lever are "off limits"...the key phrase is "...prevent all or drastically limit movement..."

Sounds like ya'll are out shooing some of the locals.

Come on down a little farther south, say to Texas where shooters & Match officials know where the Lever ends!

PWB has already covered this on the instructor wire but I'll let him re-post here for all the world to see!

sounds like another page 164 quote.

Seems we need to know which US match they're talking about. Then contact the Match Director about this.

Barry Sloe

Archived