SASS Wire Forum

GOA - This Year!

Turkey Legs #48384

Man if you missed this GOA you missed an awesome shoot! Targets and senerios were great (thanks Lassitor :wub: ) as always. But the best part and I know some of you are going to say "Yeah Right" - was the weather!! We started each day in the mid to upper 60's - followed on day one with a high of 80 to 82 with a little cloud cover a slight breeze. Day two (today) we had a high of 73 with a little cloud cover and again a slight breeze. The Gods were shinning on us or word has it that Stan got down on his knees and begged for the weather to be perfect! Don't know the results - those will be out later.

TL B)

PS: Shot with a great group of cowboys this weekend (Lassitor, FJT, Split Rail, Stone Creek Drifter, Duke SkyWalker, Dry Fire, Rounder, COS, Marshall Lobo Fuego, Kentucky Lightening, Eathan Callehan, Max Montana, WIddermaker, I know I am forgetting someone - but as you can see I was the only Cowgirl in the bunch and enjoyed every minute if it :wub: )

Man if you missed this GOA you missed an awesome shoot! Targets and senerios were great (thanks Lassitor :wub: ) as always. But the best part and I know some of you are going to say "Yeah Right" - was the weather!! We started each day in the mid to upper 60's - followed on day one with a high of 80 to 82 with a little cloud cover a slight breeze. Day two (today) we had a high of 73 with a little cloud cover and again a slight breeze. The Gods were shinning on us or word has it that Stan got down on his knees and begged for the weather to be perfect! Don't know the results - those will be out later.

TL B)

PS: Shot with a great group of cowboys this weekend (Lassitor, FJT, Split Rail, Stone Creek Drifter, Duke SkyWalker, Dry Fire, Rounder, COS, Marshall Lobo Fuego, Kentucky Lightening, Eathan Callehan, Max Montana, WW, I know I am forgetting someone - but as you can see I was the only Cowgirl in the bunch and enjoyed every minute if it :wub: )

Sounds great the only year I shot GOA it 100 degrees with nearly as much humidity, if it wasn't for all the shade a lot of us wouldn't have made it. That said it was a lot of fun and one of only two big matches I've ever shot "clean".

From what I hear from Widdermaker it's always a good match.

Randy

Yeah, rub it in; really missed not being there this year. Sounds like you had a pretty good posse. Let us/me know the results if you have time. Oh, well, I'll just have to shoot at Bristol tomorrow. Have a safe drive home, see all y'all at Plainfield.

Well, I do have a confession:

I don't know WHO has more fun.....Turkey Legs or the rest of the Posse having her around to shoot (the bull) with..... :lol:

These 12 stages were GREAT! No doubt about it.

Although my times might not look like it, this was some of the best stages I've ever shot. With 1 pistol miss on my 11th stage, that was my only miss. That says ALOT about this type of match and target placement.

I love shooting with these folks. SUPER enjoyed hangin with Max Montana again. He was a fireball and we had a blast.

A hearty Congrats to CAMPO KID for winning the 'I bought it' on speed SG '97. WHEW.

My best time for 6 shots was 4.44 BUT I left one standing.

Colt McAllister stepped up and ran something around the 4.60 range and CLEAN. He was smokin!

Then of course, CAMPO runs a 'quaint' little 4.26 time and Clean. Don't blink when these 2 fellers shoot or you'll miss all the action.

..........Widder

Archived