SASS Wire Forum

Levi Strauss trousers.

HAMILTON DRY GOODS makes and sells the "Old 73s." They show them out of stock, but last time I visited with him he has some on hand in limited sizes. You could contact him and see what he has, or find out when he will have more stock on hand. Great pants and a fair price to boot. :)

Levis LVC also makes remakes of many of their pants going back to 1890, but the price will rupture your bank account! :lol:

+1 for Hamilton dry goods. Just received my pair from them the other day. There are other places out there that make reproductions at different prices and levels of quality. But Hamilton supports shoots and I like to support them.

Levis LVC also makes remakes of many of their pants going back to 1890, but the price will rupture your bank account! :lol:

HOLY $ h1T you wern't kidding when you said rupture your wallet!

I just found a pair for sale....$432.99!!!! For a reproduction pair of 1886 Levi jeans.

WOW! I was guessing $100 but that's crazy!

I guess I'll keep waiting till Hamilton gets some of theirs back in stock.

JEL

I found a really cool research paper written in 1957 by a South Dakota Park Ranger who was the curator of a cowboy museum. The paper was all about dress and equipment used by cowboys in the 1880's. He interviewed 6 guys who were actually there.

They told him that nobody wore denim jeans in the 1880s. They wore canvas duck trousers. Jeans were considered poor man's clothing. That all changed in the 1890's when jeans became cool.

I know that I didn't answer your question in the least....just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

-Pico Pistolero

blog.picopistolero.com

I won't wear anything made by Levi Strauss & Co.

They shut down their American plant, moved to Mexico, and support gun control.

Screw 'em.

+++1

100% on Hamilton Dry Goods reproductions. I like mine. Since they are not actual Levi brand I have no issue wearing 'em.

My everyday brand of jeans is Wrangler.

GG

100% on Hamilton Dry Goods reproductions. I like mine. Since they are not actual Levi brand I have no issue wearing 'em.

My everyday brand of jeans is Wrangler.

GG

Gunner,

I for some reason I had forgot that you had a pair of them. I will check in with Hamilton Dry Goods and see what they have to offer.

KQ

Gunner,

I for some reason I had forgot that you had a pair of them. I will check in with Hamilton Dry Goods and see what they have to offer.

KQ

Yes, the website may say they are out of stock, but call them. That's what I did and they had 'em. When thy arrived they were huge!, but alas, after a wash the fit perfect!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived