SASS Wire Forum

7 Minuites of Terrior

Black Harris  #154

Wonder if he ever found that space modulator that he was looking for? :rolleyes::lol::blush:

He is building it from parts he is taking off of Spirit and Opportunity. Should be ready to disinagrate Earth on December 21st.

Bugs

Felt about like I did back in '69 with Apollo 11.

Yup. Put a bit of a lump in me throat.

What a country!

My wife stayed up for the landing and told me about it this morning.

I must say that I'm proud that NASA pulled it off!! Another feather in their cap...and hopefully some of the system's designs and concepts can and will be further exploited and expanded to further getting a manned mission to Mars.

Now with that being said...I have a rather twisted sense of humor. The whole space capsule re-entry...supersonic parachute...hovering gantry...lower the rover to the surface on cables idea all seemed sort of Wile E. Coyote-ish to me. Its almost as if I could see him drawing it out on his chalkboard in his cave; much like his plans to catch the Roadrunner!!

But still: WELL DONE NASA!!!

My wife stayed up for the landing and told me about it this morning.

I must say that I'm proud that NASA pulled it off!! Another feather in their cap...and hopefully some of the system's designs and concepts can and will be further exploited and expanded to further getting a manned mission to Mars.

Now with that being said...I have a rather twisted sense of humor. The whole space capsule re-entry...supersonic parachute...hovering gantry...lower the rover to the surface on cables idea all seemed sort of Wile E. Coyote-ish to me. Its almost as if I could see him drawing it out on his chalkboard in his cave; much like his plans to catch the Roadrunner!!

But still: WELL DONE NASA!!!

I know. Just goes to show how krazy rocket scientists are! Sounds like a contraption I might come up with. (but mine wouldn't work):lol:

I was wondering if it would be a soft landing or a very expensive lawn dart.

A girl who goes to our local high school down the street named the rover. Cool story.

Article

Saw her at the press conference. What a thrill that must have been for her.

Wonder if he ever found that space modulator that he was looking for? :rolleyes::lol::blush:

That would be the Illidium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

"Where's The Kaboom"

;)

Professor Tull

And it works!!!

First Photo from Curiosity

Ok Hardpan.......dat's just too good ! rofl !

Archived