SASS Wire Forum

Are YOU prepared?

Subdeacon Joe

I'm good.... with the possible exception of Tsunami and Volcano prep. :rolleyes:

Well you better get ready Bob you never know when a Tsunami might get that far inland or a Volcano pop up in your back yard :lol: :lol:

Better listen to him, Bobby. You've got that big Yellowstone one over by you........ :rolleyes::blush:

When that one goes, freeze dried rations...and everything else won't matter. :blink:

Nope, I don't have a Kentucky rifle in .50 caliber. :rolleyes:

Do ya want one..................

WEll, do ya ? !

I have a Backwoodsman magazine that portends to tell how one can make gunpowder from chicken sign, how to cook whistle-pig and how to collect water from morning dew. Every once in a while I read over it to feel prepared.

If it gets that bad you don't need to know that much about killing and butchering game animals or livestock cause they'll be gone in very short order. What you will be eventually faced with is putting fido, kitty cat, and the goldfish on the barby. When thats gone it'll be roasted crunchy cockroaches and other assorted arthropods and then on to the perpetual main entree....Norway Rat and its cousins. Sorry I can't paint a prettier picture but don't think I'm far off.

Even Grizz's Friday nite pizza might get a total retro.

Sam, I reckon by that time I'll be on the Friday night pizza. Someone will get a few pounds of decent meat, some grisstle to use for bait, and a whole lot of blubber to use for fuel oil.

Birdgun, I've got some canned goods that expire that month. Guess I best use em up huh? :)

If you're gonna eat em up, recommend using a can opener first. But watch the sodium level. Canned goods have a lot of sodium. Don't want ya to get high blood pressure.:mellow:

Don't y'all know that the World is goin' to end on December 21, 2012? :huh:

So what's the worry?? -_-

Was in Mexico not long ago, had a couple Mayan tour guides. They say that's a bunch of crap. Not the end of the Mayan calendar, just the end of a period.....like the start of a new mellinium or some such. I'm not too worried. If Jesus is coming in December it will save a lot of future worries! The Book tells us in Jesus' own words that NO ONE, not the angels in Heaven or even the Son, knows the time. Only the Father. I would assume that would include the ancient Mayans.

JHC

Was in Mexico not long ago, had a couple Mayan tour guides. They say that's a bunch of crap. Not the end of the Mayan calendar, just the end of a period.....like the start of a new mellinium or some such. I'm not too worried. If Jesus is coming in December it will save a lot of future worries! The Book tells us in Jesus' own words that NO ONE, not the angels in Heaven or even the Son, knows the time. Only the Father. I would assume that would include the ancient Mayans.

JHC

Ah come on Capt way to go ruining a good domsday story, gosh what are all the fear mongers going to do now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah come on Capt way to go ruining a good domsday story, gosh what are all the fear mongers going to do now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to worry, I'm sure it won't faze them. I have a nephew (among other screwy relatives) that's been spouting that crap for 20 years. The fact that they're 0 for whatever on their goofy predictions doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever! :blink:

JHC

I heard an interview with a New Orleans resident after Katrina. He said if another such disaster looms he's gonna spend every nickel he can scare up on three things.......bottled water, gasoline, and TOILET PAPER!!!!! Makes sense to me!

JHC ^_^

Not to worry, I'm sure it won't faze them. I have a nephew (among other screwy relatives) that's been spouting that crap for 20 years. The fact that they're 0 for whatever on their goofy predictions doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever! :blink:

JHC

Trouble is, one of these days they're gonna be right! :lol:

• 4 months later...

Nope, I don't have a Kentucky rifle in .50 caliber. :rolleyes:/>

Kentucky rifle huh?

I got a 870 12 ga Tactical with a slug barrel, mag tube extension and a Red Dot sight among other shooters. :wub:

Carlos Murphy

Get off my bunker!

I'z een prepairin fer the end of the world all my life!!!!!!!

Got half the house filled up with bottles, and they ain't full of water ifin ya catch my meaning.

The other half of the house is filled up with empty bottles from all them CLOSE CALLS! :lol:

Half the house full of full bottles and half the house full of empties?

Sounds like yer at a impasse, yer "emptying" days as over. :blush:

Nope.

LOL

First installed an ingen...er...stuped......er....elaberate pouring system. The machines send out the next bottle when I'z pushs a botten. Never have ta leave the chair.

Said chair is installed in the bathroom, along with the TV. :P

Preppers....cooking wild game. Ya'll need to get to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans. Every animal in the place has a name plate on the cage letting the zoo patrons know what they are looking at. Underneath the name is a recipe on how to cook the thing.

Kajun boy can survive :)

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I have a Backwoodsman magazine that portends to tell how one can make gunpowder from chicken sign, how to cook whistle-pig and how to collect water from morning dew. Every once in a while I read over it to feel prepared.

I rubbed two sticks together one time... until my hand caught fire.

ts

Preppers....cooking wild game. Ya'll need to get to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans. Every animal in the place has a name plate on the cage letting the zoo patrons know what they are looking at. Underneath the name is a recipe on how to cook the thing.

Kajun boy can survive :)/>

LOL +1 sound Mmm good to me !

Archived