SASS Wire Forum

WTB: US Fire Arms Plinker

Howdy folks,

I'm suffering with a bug right now - I've got a craving for a USFA Plinker .22/.22mag in a 7.5" barreled version.

If any of you out there have a new/mint version you're tired of, or know where I might find one, I'd be interested

in talking to the owner.

I've been thinking I'd like a full sized .22, and as far as I know only USFA has one, but if there are others out

there please advise . . . . ..

I have a pair of Colt Peacemakers in both calibers - they're sweet - but promised to my sons now . . . .

Local to Seattle is a plus, but wherever and whenever . . . .

Shadow Catcher

Howdy, SC -

You might want to specify if you want the six-shot or twelve-shot version (if it makes a difference to you). I have the six-shot 5½" Plinker and it is a truly fine firearm.

And, no... it is not for sale.

Regards, TJH

Thanks Pard - You're right - I want the Plinker, not the 12/22 that they also advertize . . and yes - I'm envious!

SC

The EAA Bounty Hunter 22 is full size and ye kin buy about 3 of them new for the price of a used USFA Plinker. Don't get me wrong, The USFA is worth the extra money, it's just that I am cheap. I was the first pard to shoot TJH's 22 plinker at Buck Creek and it is sweet, just a little steep for me.

I was the first pard to shoot TJH's 22 plinker at Buck Creek and it is sweet, just a little steep for me.

Howdy, LD -

I remember loaning my Plinker to someone for a .22 side match, but had forgotten it was you (a mind can be a terrible waste!). :o It was truly "fresh out of the box" at that time. It has since made a trip to Alan Harton in Houston for a tune-up. If you think was sweet before, you'd be seriously drooling if you shot it now. ;)

Regards, TJH

Howdy, LD -

I remember loaning my Plinker to someone for a .22 side match, but had forgotten it was you (a mind can be a terrible waste!). :o It was truly "fresh out of the box" at that time. It has since made a trip to Alan Harton in Houston for a tune-up. If you think was sweet before, you'd be seriously drooling if you shot it now. ;)

Regards, TJH

Oh man - you're a tease. . . .

I have other .22's, lately I have developed a Jones for this .22 . . .

I'll keep waiting . . . .

SC

Archived