SASS Wire Forum

Norinco SxS, Interarms SxS, or TNN 1878

Come On Christmas

Would a gunslicking gun smith scoff if I took him one of these to slick up? Do owners find them worthy?

Candidate #1

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11222173/shotguns-for-sale/side-by-side/norinco-coach-gun-12-ga-20-in-rabbit-ear-double-sg1090

Candidate #2

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11250094/shotguns-for-sale/side-by-side/century-inter-arms-inc-cia-sg1077-20ga-coach-w-2fhammers-wood-century-inter

Candidate #3 Write in Great White Hope Candidate

Or wait for a more expensive TNN hammergun from Cimmaron . . .

Shameless

Keep looking for a TTN. Compared to the candidates, only 50% more price, 200% more shotgun.

Good luck, GJ

Hi Shameless:

From what I see, you just bought the TTN on the Classifieds.

That's a good shotgun for what we do.

I use mine every week -- bought it when they first came out -- never a hick-up

I have a back-up I bought from Rye Miles -- never been out of the box.

Lets you know just how reliable the TTNs are.

--Dawg

Nope, Dawg. He sold it to someone else. I am Jonesing for a worthy mule ear so I can get it slicked up and start practicing. I keep hearing they will be here any day . . .

Shameless

Having recently gone through the same process, you would be better off to wait for the TTN. I borrowed a Century hammer double from someone in our group that had one, thinking I would trade him the Baikal I had for it. I took that gun back the next day. Fit/finish weren't good, the hammer springs were overbearing. It shot just fine but it didn't feel right at all. I knew I would never be satisfied with it. I waited a couple of weeks & got a TTN - MUCH nicer gun.

Holler

• 4 weeks later...

Would a gunslicking gun smith scoff if I took him one of these to slick up? Do owners find them worthy?

Candidate #1

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11222173/shotguns-for-sale/side-by-side/norinco-coach-gun-12-ga-20-in-rabbit-ear-double-sg1090

Candidate #2

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11250094/shotguns-for-sale/side-by-side/century-inter-arms-inc-cia-sg1077-20ga-coach-w-2fhammers-wood-century-inter

Candidate #3 Write in Great White Hope Candidate

Or wait for a more expensive TNN hammergun from Cimmaron . . .

Shameless

Candidates 1 & 2 are the same gun, i.e. the Norinco/IAC/CAI. IAC stands for Interstate Arms Company NOT Interarms. Interarms is out of business for over a decade now. Interarms were importers. They imported the Rossi 92, Stars, Astras, and the Brazilian 2row that later became the Stoeger amongst a zillion other guns. Norinco used to be both manufacturer and importer of the 2row in your pics. They got caught selling full auto AKs to California street gangs (shades of Sons of Anarchy) and were banned from importing guns as punishment. Norinco equals People's Liberation Army state run factories, by the way. So outfits like IAC and CAI took over the importation. They have upgraded the wood over the balsa/Chinese mystery wood they used to use, but still are basically junk.

Especially compared to the TTN/Cimarron hammer double. Best get one while the gettin' is good. When this batch is gone, that's it.

The IACs are NOT the dame as CAI. The IAC 99s are Norinco and no longer made for the last three years or so. These are the ones Coyote Cap improved by visiting the factory several times (as well as the IAC/Norinco 97 and 87 - none are made anymore).

He sold them with his smithing mods, as well. They are very solid, but not quite as good for our game as the TTN - the TTN hammers are so much closer together - easier to work both with one thumb or swipe.

The CAI (the importer) JW-2000 hammered double version (not from Norinco - a different company and factory in China) is on the market now (Big 5, etc) and while passable, is not as good as either of the others in my opinion. If you just want a reasonable hammer double forgetting speed, they are certainly ok - very inexpensive ($220 range) and available all over today.

Harvey

Who has both IAC and TTN and has handled the CAI - no real comparison.

Archived