SASS Wire Forum

'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer'

I lived in South Louisiana during the Cuban missile crisis and we had an air raid siren located 4 houses down the block from our house. I still remember having to do the drills at elementary school when you get underneath your desk should the siren go off (not that it would have done much good) I also still remember the Civil Defense emblems on certain buildings designated as fall out shelters.

I did not then and still do not now trust them Russians. As much as possible I hope the US finds a way to prevent them from getting a foothold in the Gulf of Mexico.

"Love your enemies....but keep your gun oiled."

It's a bit of quandry. In the Cold War days they were the boogeyman.

Then came glasnost, the Fall of The Wall, and the dissolution of the USSR.

Now they're on the front lines fighting Islamic terrorists along their border and in the semi-independent republics, doing much the same of what we're doing in other hot spots. In that regard they're our ally, working towards the same goal.

With Europe being overrun, we and the Russians may be the last bastions of western civilization left.

Still don't trust em...

Yeah, I don't trust'em none t'all BUT some times ya just gotta dance wif da devil fer a spell to git what ya want.

We fight terrorist....dey fight terrorist.....an dat's da dance !

Archived