SASS Wire Forum

Cowboys v. 3 Gun Match; Duel In The Sun

I have just finished one of the most enjoyable weekends of my life, working on the "Duel In The Sun."

All six shooters are simply - incredible. I'm pretty sure that most of you have seen Badlands bud, Holy Terror, and Lead Dispencer shoot; so you know what greased lightning looks like. Well, if you've never watched a 3 Gun match in person, you owe it to yourself to go. Their talent is staggering.

In addition to that, they are among the most pleasant people you could ever hope to meet. I had as much fun just hanging around with them as I did watching them go about their business.

And, the cowboy team won....

Cheers,

FJT

I have just finished one of the most enjoyable weekends of my life, working on the "Duel In The Sun."

All six shooters are simply - incredible. I'm pretty sure that most of you have seen Badlands bud, Holy Terror, and Lead Dispencer shoot; so you know what greased lightning looks like. Well, if you've never watched a 3 Gun match in person, you owe it to yourself to go. Their talent is staggering.

In addition to that, they are among the most pleasant people you could ever hope to meet. I had as much fun just hanging around with them as I did watching them go about their business.

And, the cowboy team won....

Cheers,

FJT

Was there ever any doubt? ;)

So, any details available, video clips....?

I wish I would have had an opportunity to take some cell phone video, but I was too busy to catch a breath.

I can tell you this; in the end, it came down to accuracy and consistency, more than sheer speed.

As expected, the cowboys ran away with the cowboy stage; the 3 gunners won the 3 Gun stage - but not by as much. Kalani Laker won the hybrid stage, so I think what I designed was fair. But the next three behind him were Bud, Spence, and Randi, and that's what gauranteed the win for the cowboys.

They are all great folks, very good sports, and awesome competitors. And you can't believe how fast those 3 Gunners picked up the cowboy tricks.

More, when I have a few minutes.

Cheers,

FJT

3 Gun Team;

Kalani Laker, Team Stag;

Dianna Liedorff; Team FN;

Iain Harrison; Top Shot winner.

They were a great team, and a great bunch of folks; and they can't wait to do it again...

Cheers,

FJT

Tip of the hat to ya, FJT! Thanks for all the work it took to make this happen. We'll be snapping suspenders for a while here in Cowboy Action land. B)

This sounded like so much fun we ware going to try to do something similar here on a mere mortals level :P . I've already talked to the 3 gun guy at our club and if we can get enough interest in our clubs shooters we may have a "mixed" match. I'll keep everyone posted on anything that come of it.

JEL

This sounded like so much fun we ware going to try to do something similar here on a mere mortals level :P . I've already talked to the 3 gun guy at our club and if we can get enough interest in our clubs shooters we may have a "mixed" match. I'll keep everyone posted on anything that come of it.

JEL

Sounds like fun. Count me in if it happens. I still can't wait for the Cowboy/Cops/Military shoot this fall.

I think that these mixed matches will really help to grow our sport. It shows folks from other shooting sports that although we may have more fun than everyone else, CAS isn't just about dressing up and playing cowboy. There are some real good shooters in CAS.

Hey FJT

who were the other 2 3gun shooters

MOSE

Mose, empty your mailbox. Got a message for you

Jesse James: There was no rigging at all, I assure you. I wouldn't have done it, and the 3 Gunners wouldn't have shot it, if I had. For example; the last stage included 8 shotgun targets, with knockdown/clay pigeon tossers. The 3 Gun team started with their semi-auto shotguns stoked; the cowboys had to load their '97s on the clock. On that stage, the 3 gunners had optics; the cowboys used iron sights. Sound stacked to you?

I shoot both disciplines, and spent two months tweaking, balancing it out as fairly and evenly as possible.

Cheers,

FJT

gotta love a guy who comes into this game after 30 years and at least 99901 members, thinks he can use the name jesse james (cause that wouldnt be taken already) and on his second post accuses one of our most respected members of misconduct. :angry:

or maybe its a troll who created a new account for one purpose? <_<

cc

gotta love a guy who comes into this game after 30 years and at least 99901 members, thinks he can use the name jesse james (cause that wouldnt be taken already) and on his second post accuses one of our most respected members of misconduct. :angry:

or maybe its a troll who created a new account for one purpose? <_<

cc

I think you hit the nail on the head!!!

Chill out fellas. I was just trying to rustle up some drama for my good friend Michael Bane. My name is Jesse Tischauser. I shoot 3 gun for Team Stag Arms with Kalani Laker. I talked to Kalani prior to posting and he said the whole experience was awesome and the show will be even better. I hope to shoot some SASS with you guys and gals someday soon.

On a side note I took the screename Jesse James before I looked up the alias' on the SASS website. I guess I need to figure out a new one. If any of y'all want to learn more about 3 gun I run a forum called BoomerShooter.com and am a Moderator on the 3 Gun Nation forum on AR15.com. We'd love to have you join us.

Chill out fellas. I was just trying to rustle up some drama for my good friend Michael Bane. My name is Jesse Tischauser. I shoot 3 gun for Team Stag Arms with Kalani Laker. I talked to Kalani prior to posting and he said the whole experience was awesome and the show will be even better. I hope to shoot some SASS with you guys and gals someday soon.

On a side note I took the screename Jesse James before I looked up the alias' on the SASS website. I guess I need to figure out a new one. If any of y'all want to learn more about 3 gun I run a forum called BoomerShooter.com and am a Moderator on the 3 Gun Nation forum on AR15.com. We'd love to have you join us.

Now we understand. :D A lot of us Cowboy Shooters get kinda of defensive because of how we are looked at by a lot of the shooting world, hope you understand that.

I've only watched 3 gun on TV, but I have been amazed at the ability of your shooters!! It truly does look like a lot of fun. I for one am most definitely going to check it out.

Nice to have you come visit us, come back anytime.

Jesse and Kalani are definitely good folks. I've shot with Kalani at Rio Salado and Jesse posts regularly on several forums. Respect.

I think we are all looked at a little funny/wrong at times. I feel that promoting all shooting sports is a good thing for everyone with a firearm. Having shows like Michael's on the air definitely helps the cause!!!

Howdy Jesse,

I had the pleasure of meeting Kalani at the match. A fine gentleman and a credit to both sports.

My humble observation was that the 3 gun shooters were quite professional and took the competition very serious. I did miss the cowboy portion (I do have to work sometimes)but was around for a bit of the practice.

Randy, Spence and Bud are well known here and are true champions. It was great to meet up with other competitors. I feel that we all have something to learn from each other. The divirsity will only improve both sports.

I can handle the cowboy cloths, Not sure how I feel walking around in combat boots, brush pants and nylon shirts that act as billboards ;-)

I hope to meet with you on the range.

Coffee

Archived