SASS Wire Forum

Cool Artillery Drill

Subdeacon Joe

I'm sorry. There is no way I could have ever convinced Sgt Holland, black 6'5", 185 lb, gun chief of gun #1 "C" Battery, 1st Battalion 75th Artillery, 8" Self Propelled to ever march around like that.

I'm sorry. There is no way I could have ever convinced Sgt Holland, black 6'5", 185 lb, gun chief of gun #1 "C" Battery, 1st Battalion 75th Artillery, 8" Self Propelled to ever march around like that.

"March?" Prance, maybe. Mince, maybe. But MARCH?

Sorry.... I didn't laugh but vomited....

1st 75th? Erlangen? Or was that before they went to Erlangen and converted to Sergeant missiles?

three rounds back to back would have been impressive if they did a time on target.

"Oh yes yes I see Sahib. By jove we are having one good cracking time yes?. Very most excellent for sure."

Too much British Army influence coupled with too much curry powder in my opinion.

I wonder if the target hill was in Pakistan?

COOL GUN !

But I'm sorry, I missed a lot of it cleaning off the Bulliet from my screen ! ! !

Dem solders are hell-larry-ous ! !

Too much British Army influence coupled with too much curry powder in my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing. As much as the movie clip was funny, they got their first formal military schooling from the Brits.

When that Indian gun crew can do a 1000m High/Low shot, I'll be impressed. Until then, it's just a bunch of goose stepping goof balls.

"Oh yes yes I see Sahib. By jove we are having one good cracking time yes?. Very most excellent for sure."

I wonder if the target hill was in Pakistan?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't forget this:

Hell of a halftime show. :lol:

1st 75th? Erlangen? Or was that before they went to Erlangen and converted to Sergeant missiles?

three rounds back to back would have been impressive if they did a time on target.

Nope, Bamberg. Converted from 2nd Battalion 35th Artillery 155 towed to 1st Battalion 75th Artillery 8" self propelled with the "new" no turret guns. We're talking 1962-63 here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That looks a lot like the "block house on signal mountain" in Ft Sill OK

Probably the largest budget item for the Indian Army is shoes and metal plates on them.

And acting coaches.

Archived