SASS Wire Forum

advice on soot shooters

evil dogooder

...yup...ya gotta make a practice lap before ya go gunfighter....:P

GG

Never did like practice laps much.... if i shot duelist i would do it up.... right fancy jacket ....seconds holding my spare gun...and be standing perpendicular to the line one hand behind my back. :)

Yeah thats how i took it ;) i am still trying to find a style that makes me the happiest. Tried cowboy. That two handed thing just didnt thrill me. Switched to gf my third match and have shot it since all six matches ;) bw interests me butt i haven't accumulated all the gear yet. I like cladsic cowboy but again i dont have the gear as time goes on i pick up a few things here and there. Eventually my goal is to have enough stuff so i can choose between categorys as the mood hits me

Gf

Bw

Cc

Josey wales

Outlaw

Black powder categories would be cool to add in there too

Evil One, ya do what ya think is best fer you..........I'll correct ya when ya git it wrong ! lol

Yeah But! Who would throw away a revolver of any kind.

Utah Bob is wrong about that. :unsure:

[/quote

Well badger, ifin' ya are gonna throw revolvers, throw 'em my way ! lol

They did all the time in Hollywood. Shooter empties his revolver then throws it at the other guy even tho he has cartridges in his belt. :lol:

...which reminds me of the old question, "Why did Superman just stand there and let the bullets bounce off him, and then duck when the bad guy threw the empty gun at him?"

but I digress...

I guess I am going to apologize to Utah Bob.

SORRY BOB

I forgot about the gun throwing cowboys.

Another question in my mind. Why, in addition to always wearing a black hat, did the bad guy have a name like

Slade, Blackie, or Bart? Never a Tom or George?

:blink:

I guess I am going to apologize to Utah Bob.

SORRY BOB

I forgot about the gun throwing cowboys.

Another question in my mind. Why, in addition to always wearing a black hat, did the bad guy have a name like

Slade, Blackie, or Bart? Never a Tom or George?

:blink:

Don't recon der Maw's didn't take ta likein' dem much t'all !

Well i got to play with a 58 amd a 60 today couldnt fire them but i wast told to play with them all i wanted. I love the feel of the 58 and my hand has finally healed enough that i can reach the hammer on it. The 60's grip was a bit long but it pointed great. A friend made up some real bp shells for me that im going to shoot in his original colt tomorrow . Should be fun. Ive never shot an actuall colt let alone a first gen.

I always said I'd never try it... but finally did this past May at the Tin Star Ranch with APP. I did have a heck of a great time. There's just something about making smoke.... :)

I can see where this could be addicting. B)

I always said I'd never try it... but finally did this past May at the Tin Star Ranch with APP. I did have a heck of a great time. There's just something about making smoke.... :)

I can see where this could be addicting. B)

Da seed has been sown !

Put dat sub stuff away and step up to "Holy Black." Quit plain' wif makin' smoke, step up and make and smell some fire and brimstone !

Da seed has been sown !

Put dat sub stuff away and step up to "Holy Black." Quit plain' wif makin' smoke, step up and make and smell some fire and brimstone !

Ha- about a month later after our local match I'd mentioned that. One our resident soot lords looked at me, grinned, and said, "baby steps"... :lol:

Ha- about a month later after our local match I'd mentioned that. One our resident soot lords looked at me, grinned, and said, "baby steps"... :lol:

LOL !

Holy crap!!!! Real bp out of a gen 1 10" colt..... im in love!!

Ive never handled one. Wow what a difference. It just floated in your hand. It was crazy accurate with my friends pet load for it too..

Oh the boom and smoke......

Also got to shoot a long barrelled flintlock. So cool

Oh Great Evil One.....Da one who knows much..........Do not pay any attention to C.B. ................

He aint never shot "Holy Black" afore, aint got his soft girly hands dirty from the soot and cut his thumbs up tryin' to git dem caps on !

He's scared to death of da fire and brimstone da comes froth from da barrels and the authority in which dos guns speak.

Just take baby steps, Oh Evil One.....Knower of much !

Archived