SASS Wire Forum

I agree with Harry Reid

on THIS...

Y'know - I remember when I would get a free US Open hat when I renewed my USGA membership. They were always made in the USA. Around 2005 or so the hats started to bear the 'Made in China' label ~ rather dissapointing to say the least. Oh well..

but at the OLYMPICS....c'mon.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I complained about the commemorative 45-70 bullet that the NRA passed out a couple of years back. It was made in China.

I was slapped down quickly by WIRE members, saying the NRA had a right to buy where they pleased.

$795 for a blazer? More money than I have.

Dang...! :mellow:

Not only can we not seem to clothe our Olympic team, but... $55 for a beret? $795 for a men's blazer??? And "Made in CHINA???"

:wacko:

Th US Olympic committee is a private non-profit organization. They can do what they want.

But they get a lot of donations from a lot of Americans who are not gonna be pleased about this.

What were they thinking???? :wacko:

I hasten to aver that I have no clothing on my back or in my closet made in China, Indonesia, India, Guatemala,Italy, Britain, or any other foreign land. No, every single stitch is made in the USA!

Therefore I, too, can be indignant about this. And I'm sure it's true of Harry Reid, too.

I did used to wear an Irish knit sweater, but I quit long ago because it was too warm.

I promise not to use any Italian- or Chinese- or Turkish-made firearms in any future competitions in the USA!

I hasten to aver that I have no clothing on my back or in my closet made in China, Indonesia, India, Guatemala,Italy, Britain, or any other foreign land. No, every single stitch is made in the USA!

Therefore I, too, can be indignant about this. And I'm sure it's true of Harry Reid, too.

I did used to wear an Irish knit sweater, but I quit long ago because it was too warm.

I promise not to use any Italian- or Chinese- or Turkish-made firearms in any future competitions in the USA!

Yeah, but you aren't representing the USA in the most presitigous sports event in the World :lol:

I wonder if the Chinese are wearing 'Made in USA' stuff....:lol:

That entire outfit is for a bunch of slack jawed, ^%$#$%, eurotrash, whimps. This is AMERICA, what's wrong with a Stetson and Scully vest.

said it before and I'll say it again, the world went down hill after the Duke died and really tumbled after we lost Waylon

That entire outfit is for a bunch of slack jawed, ^%$#$%, eurotrash, whimps. This is AMERICA, what's wrong with a Stetson and Scully vest.

said it before and I'll say it again, the world went down hill after the Duke died and really tumbled after we lost Waylon

I have a Filson vest, made in the USA; great item.

I have a Sunbody hat of Guatemalen palm. Alas, good hat palm comes from the subtropics.

I have a couple of Panama hats. They are made in Ecuador. In fact, all Panama hats are made in Ecuador, or they aren't genuine, by definition.

But, then, I'm Ameritrash, not Eurotrash! :rolleyes:

I complained about the commemorative 45-70 bullet that the NRA passed out a couple of years back. It was made in China.

I was slapped down quickly by WIRE members, saying the NRA had a right to buy where they pleased.

$795 for a blazer? More money than I have.

I too was not happy with the Chinese made "bullet". They do have the right to buy wherever they please, and I have the right to criticize them for it. Nice US made blazers could have been had for a lot less than $795.00, but alas, then they wouldn't have been advertising for Ralph Lauren....

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

The committee contracted with Ralph Lauren, an American company. Do you think they actually sat down and discussed where the clothing was being made or gave it any thought? And Harry Reid is outraged? He has nothing better to do than that? Give me a break, I'm outraged they haven't passed a budget in three years!

I have 3 berets I happily would have given them.

I sold one on ebay for $250. :)

Th US Olympic committee is a private non-profit organization. They can do what they want.

But they get a lot of donations from a lot of Americans who are not gonna be pleased about this.

What were they thinking???? :wacko:

In the words of a USOC "flack" the uniforms were by Ralph Lauren, "an iconic American company." If they paid $795/per for a Chinese made blazer they got an "iconic, American hose job." Jos. A. Banks routinely sells stuff like this two and three for one.

But, hey, it's not their money. That's likely what they were thinking.

SQQ

P.S. Did they consult with the Army on the berets? ;)

The only thing I'm upset about is that silly beanie on their heads! <_<

Com'on!!

Hideous. Looks like they should be carrying a bottle of Chablis and be kissing each other on the cheeks. :wacko:

WHAT'S WRONG WITH A STETSON??

Wonder why people get upset about this, then get in the foreign made vehicle to go to work?

well...the average Joe isn't representing his country in the world's premier sporting event. A little different scenario I reckon....:rolleyes:

I don't have a foreign made car...and, besides, most foreign 'labeled' cars are made mostly in the USA anyway.

...and, besides, most foreign 'labeled' cars are made mostly in the USA anyway.

They aren't really "made" in the USA, rather just bolted together with the foreign parts. The profits still go back across the water, when we should be keeping it over here. :angry: :angry:

Differently ! !

We NEED da Duke and Waylon back !

As fer as dem cloths go, like Harry Reid said,.....BURN'EM !

I don't know why they had to make them look like gay French baristas. What's wrong with some Wranglers? The rest of the world thinks we're all cowboys anyway.

They aren't really "made" in the USA, rather just bolted together with the foreign parts. The profits still go back across the water, when we should be keeping it over here. :angry: :angry:

Some profits do go over seas to headquarters, but you are absolutely wrong about parts - I work with at least 10 different suppliers that make parts for the BMW, Toyota, Nissan, Honda....they make the components ~ from foundry to machined parts - engines, steering components, knuckles, drivetrain, suspension HERE in the USA.

The jobs that they create are vital to many of the small communities these plants are located at.

I am FULL for USA products...but the 'foreign' companies that elect to build here are OK....especially when we have GM and Ford building 'there'.

Harry Reid is just trying to get off the subject of the terrible economy and possibly the worst president in history. Who cares what they wear for crying out loud. I have 2 TTN's that were made in China and a whole passle full of "COWBOY" clothes made there too! Let's see you all who are so against this do you have a toaster, coffee pot, microwave, computer, TV, radio............it goes on and on...get my drift.???Call Harry Reid and tell him to get down to some serious business for the American people instead of this nonsense!

Rye

I don't know why they had to make them look like gay French baristas. What's wrong with some Wranglers? The rest of the world thinks we're all cowboys anyway.

Glad you said it and I didn't - I used that word once and was labeled as a 'bigot', 'intolerant', 'repulsive', 'hateful' person and then had the 'ignore' feature enacted upon me.

Life's hard :lol: ...

I have 2 TTN's that were made in China and a whole passle full of "COWBOY" clothes made there too! Let's see you all who are so against this do you have a toaster, coffee pot, microwave, computer, TV, radio............it goes on and on...get my drift.???

Rye

So, it seems you are part of the problem, not part of the solution. reason for folks having foreign made products in the house is because of the fact that the manufacturers got greedy and screwed the American workers so they could reap MORE profits by going overseas.

Harry Reid is just trying to get off the subject of the terrible economy and possibly the worst president in history. Who cares what they wear for crying out loud. I have 2 TTN's that were made in China and a whole passle full of "COWBOY" clothes made there too! Let's see you all who are so against this do you have a toaster, coffee pot, microwave, computer, TV, radio............it goes on and on...get my drift.???Call Harry Reid and tell him to get down to some serious business for the American people instead of this nonsense!

Rye

You're right...were indebted to China :rolleyes:

but again - big difference between you and I - the average Joe American - and our Olympiads who are representing our country to the world. They should be sporting products made in the USA in that representation.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
I agree with Harry Reid

hmmm... somebody tole me 'bout a year ago... or more... that he was dead.

Seems like now... he only sounds like it.

ts

So, it seems you are part of the problem, not part of the solution. reason for folks having foreign made products in the house is because of the fact that the manufacturers got greedy and screwed the American workers so they could reap MORE profits by going overseas.

Part of the problem??? Hey pal, I looked high and low for a toaster made in the USA! NOTHING!!! I want a toaster!! Same thing with the microwave, TV, coffee pot, etc. I always look for USA made products, just because I can't find 'em ain't my fault!

Rye

Part of the problem??? Hey pal, I looked high and low for a toaster made in the USA! NOTHING!!! I want a toaster!! Same thing with the microwave, TV, coffee pot, etc. I always look for USA made products, just because I can't find 'em ain't my fault!

Rye

When American retailers can stock their shelves with made-in-USA products so we have a choice maybe things will turn around.

But I doubt that will happen soon and even if it does a lot of folks without two dimes to rub together will have to go with the cheapest thing they can afford. Human nature and reasonable behavior if you ask me.

Harry Reid was grandstanding... again. Guess what he and his congress pards got done last week in their terribly crowded schedule? NOTHING! :angry:

But back tpo the original topic. Could the USOC have outfitted the athletes with USA products?

Yes.

Should they have?

Yes.

Are they really embarrassed now?

Yes.

Archived