SASS Wire Forum

It Must be the Heat

I am all for rule and regulations to keep the field level but, safety, common sense, common courtesy and treating people as we wish to be treated need to first and foremost in our hearts and minds.

YUP!

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

No wait, I reckon a wooden keg would also do if constructed by hand using period correct materials. :D

water MUST have dirt in it

Can I use bottled water or does it have to come from a well?

You can use Naive...uh, I'm sorry. I got that backwards, it's Evian water...if you want to. (Trust the French to come up with something very common and convince the rest of the world that we can't live without it.)

Larsen,

As some of us all get older, some of us cannot tolerate heat, even in February in Arizona. This year, because of medical/heart issues, I could not complete my three days at Winter Range 2012. I proudly wear my two "Top Ten" WR belt buckles from 2005 and 2007. My wife, Appalachia Annie, and I have been attending WR from Pittsburgh, PA since 1999. 2012 will possibly be our last WR match.

Nonetheless, tomorrow Annie and I will head out to the Logan's Ferry Regulators monthly shoot here in Pittsburgh.

Thank you for all your hard work, and all those of the Winter Range staff/volunteers who create and present a very excellent National Championship match. My very best to you.

Chicken Coop

Larsen,

As some of us all get older, some of us cannot tolerate heat, even in February in Arizona. This year, because of medical/heart issues, I could not complete my three days at Winter Range 2012. I proudly wear my two "Top Ten" WR belt buckles from 2005 and 2007. My wife, Appalachia Annie, and I have been attending WR from Pittsburgh, PA since 1999. 2012 will possibly be our last WR match.

Nonetheless, tomorrow Annie and I will head out to the Logan's Ferry Regulators monthly shoot here in Pittsburgh.

Thank you for all your hard work, and all those of the Winter Range staff/volunteers who create and present a very excellent National Championship match. My very best to you.

Chicken Coop

Thanks Coop. We do our best to keep Winter Range fresh and interesting each year. I can't stay out in the heat as long as I use to. In the summer we do a lot of planning and ordering of materials, but usually wait until the temps drop out the 100's to do any major construction.

Blue Wolf, Try Carl Dyer's moccasins. He will make them to fit your feet including any custom orthotics you may be using. They're not cheap but are well worth the money. The double sole versions will probably outlast you. Take a look at the center seams. I have a pair and they are very comfortable. :)

Blue Wolf, Try Carl Dyer's moccasins. He will make them to fit your feet including any custom orthotics you may be using. They're not cheap but are well worth the money. The double sole versions will probably outlast you. Take a look at the center seams. I have a pair and they are very comfortable. :)

Thanks for the info.

Blue Wolf

Archived