SASS Wire Forum

Prayers and positive thoughts...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crossfire, please don't postpone it. Catching polyps early is easy. Hubby had no after effects when he had several removed. I feel fine after having one removed yesterday. Having the surgery to remove big stuff isn't fun. Many folks have no after effects from surgery. However, there could be some like Marauder's wife or I experienced. Or, if you wait too long and the cancer has spread...

Anyway, drinking the prep stuff is totally doable and you won't feel a thing during or after the procedure.

Please let me know you made your appointment! This goes for all of you!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Allie,

Thanks, I will let you know when it is scheduled. Again, I am glad everything so far has turned out very well for you. I am sure the news in two weeks will be good news too.

CB

My wife, Patience, and I are praying for a better-than-good outcome for you. We haven't met in person yet, but we are still young! We will meet and have a good laugh together real soon, I just know it. I wasn't on the confuser yesterday, and this afternoon I read this post. Looks like Im'not the only one wishing you the best.

Cash and Patience Duckett

Thanks again gentlemen and Patience!

Yep Wrangler! The "Draino/Bore snake" thing is easy. The problem comes after if you have a bad result. Then, that is still better than waiting too long and it being inoperable.

I don't mean to scare anyone; :unsure: but, if you are due for this test, get 'er done!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Allie Mo:

So glad your news was good!! A colonoscopy was how we found The Judge's colon cancer ... and early enough that he didn't have to have chemo and radiation. Of course his thyroid cancer meant his thyroid had to be removed. And his throat cancer was at Stage 4 when discovered, but he is one tough ole bird and has beaten all three. Anyone over 50 that hasn't had a colonoscopy is flirting with danger. PLEASE get one if you haven't. Again, glad your report was good.

Kate

First time I had one of them "looky-see" thingies, when I was called in the room by the nurse, I asked her where the scales are. She said they didn't have any scales there and asked me why I wanted scales. Tole her I wanted to see how much I weighed when I weren't full of s__t. Never did find out tho. :lol: :lol:

Allie Mo (No E) is going in for a test prodedure in the AM. If you are so inclined, please keep her in your thoughts for a good outcome. Thanks a bunch.

Fillmore

ABSOLUTELY!

:wub: y'all!

The doctor called this week and said the biopsy came back benign. Yeah, happy dance. Next appointment is in three years. I won't let it go four, like I did this time, as it just made me aprehensive due to the previous cancer. JLK, I was also one of the lucky ones who just needed a colon resection without the chemo or radiation. :D

JLK (aka Gate... ;) ) and Judge, :wub: I'm so glad Judge has beat this thing and the others, I have family who weren't so lucky. So, I worried about him when I heard about some of his cancers. Sorry that I gave him a little pep talk (lecture) about cigars a few years ago at the Convention; NOT! ;)

SASS folks are the best!!!

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

Good news. You've inspired me to go do this already. Much obliged, Rye :)

:wub: y'all!

The doctor called this week and said the biopsy came back benign. Yeah, happy dance. Next appointment is in three years. I won't let it go four, like I did this time, as it just made me aprehensive due to the previous cancer. JLK, I was also one of the lucky ones who just needed a colon resection without the chemo or radiation. :D

JLK (aka Gate... ;) ) and Judge, :wub: I'm so glad Judge has beat this thing and the others, I have family who weren't so lucky. So, I worried about him when I heard about some of his cancers. Sorry that I gave him a little pep talk (lecture) about cigars a few years ago at the Convention; NOT! ;)

SASS folks are the best!!!

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

I couldn't bring myself to reply until results came out. I was too worried. I'm so glad to hear the final answer! Miss you, Allie!

Bud

P.S. Say hi to Jess!

Yeah Rye! This cancer is so beatable if you get it early. I hope this thread inspires more folks to get tested ASAP!

:wub: and miss you too Bud! Jess will be glad you thought of him.

Hi Creek! Thanks for the good wishes. I see you are new. Well, new to the Wire anyway. How about starting a thread and telling us about you.

:wub:

Allie

Glad to hear the good news, Allie Mo. Most assuredly "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

Take good care now and hope to see you soon.

CK

Archived