SASS Wire Forum

Westboro Idjits A No-Show

Subdeacon Joe

I'm a Red Raider, and there has always been a large amount of interschool rivalry among Texas schools, but this has shown me that all those Agie jokes that I have laughed at and repeated are to MY shame, not theirs. To all Agies, past, present and future, I am sorry. From the bottom of my heart I apologize.

OUTSTANDING!!

Well, I must say I would support Westboro's first amendment right to free speech. I would equally support the Aggies' right to free speech by beating the dog snot out of 'em! Too bad they no-showed. Mighta been a dandy fight! :FlagAm:

JHC

Those narrow minded, bigoted, sanctimonious, ignorant, Phelpsian cultists give real Christians a bad name.

I had to look that one up Joe...hadn't seen that term used before...and I agree with your statements 110%.

I had to look that one up Joe...hadn't seen that term used before...and I agree with your statements 110%.

And if you're dumb enough to let someone take video of you smoking dope, that's also Phelpsian. ;)

Well, I must say I would support Westboro's first amendment right to free speech. I would equally support the Aggies' right to free speech by beating the dog snot out of 'em! Too bad they no-showed. Mighta been a dandy fight! :FlagAm:

JHC

Not disagreeing with you, but while Westboro may have the right to free speech, having that right should never override the resposiblility to show halfway decent manners while exercising that right. Those lunatics could use a few lessons in manners! Our society would be much better off not having to put up with idiots like the Westboro scum who think the 1st amendment makes it ok to be as rude and disgusting as they please.:angry: It may be legal, but it's still morally wrong!

Sorry. I think I coined that one a few years ago. They seem to worship and follow the words of Fred Phelps more than the word of God. Can't call 'em "Christian" really. Don't want to insult either Westboro or Baptists by identifying them with either, so "Phelpsian."

These 'people' have been an embarrassment to our community for some time. Fortunately, the local press has ignored them for over a year now. This is the first I'm aware of this. Kudos to our local press.

That could be the key to the whole thing, get all the press to ignore those moronic thugs.

A coward's reaction to genuine confrontation is always so predictable. And just for the record, the Phelps family can take their so-called 1st Amendment rights and cram them where the sun don't shine.

Not disagreeing with you, but while Westboro may have the right to free speech, having that right should never override the resposiblility to show halfway decent manners while exercising that right. Those lunatics could use a few lessons in manners! Our society would be much better off not having to put up with idiots like the Westboro scum who think the 1st amendment makes it ok to be as rude and disgusting as they please.:angry: It may be legal, but it's still morally wrong!

I totally agree Mary. That was a bit of a "tongue in cheek" comment! Never said I agree with them in ANY way! I think they're slime. Kinda like flag burners. I think they also have the constitutional right to get the crap beat out of 'em!

JHC

Didn't think you agreed with them, I just agreed with you. The SCOTUS may have determined they have a right to free speech, but they still do deserve to have their heineys kicked for it anyway :angry: There's some things that just ain't right....

Good for them! That is AWESOME!!

That Westboro bunch..I don't know, sometimes all I can do is shake my head in disbelief at some of the individuals running loose in this world..Those people have some SERIOUS issues, I wonder if they even believe their own nonsense, or they just have some whacked-out addiction to publicity..They give both Christianity and free speech a bad name.. :wacko::(

Good for them! That is AWESOME!!

That Westboro bunch..I don't know, sometimes all I can do is shake my head in disbelief at some of the individuals running loose in this world..Those people have some SERIOUS issues, I wonder if they even believe their own nonsense, or they just have some whacked-out addiction to publicity..They give both Christianity and free speech a bad name.. :wacko::(

And the non-Christians that go around pretending to be Christians are always the worst offenders.

Didn't think you agreed with them, I just agreed with you. The SCOTUS may have determined they have a right to free speech, but they still do deserve to have their heineys kicked for it anyway :angry: There's some things that just ain't right....

They deserve far worse than just a butt kicking.

Archived