SASS Wire Forum

1848 Uberti Baby Dragoon Accepts Conversion Cylinder?

Howdy,

I found a nice new Uberti 31 Cal 1848 5-shot Baby Dragoon. I think it is the Wells Fargo since it lacks the loading rod under the barrel.

One question I have is whether it accepts a conversion cylinder or not. Any other comments?

Howdy,

I found a nice new Uberti 31 Cal 1848 5-shot Baby Dragoon. I think it is the Wells Fargo since it lacks the loading rod under the barrel.

One question I have is whether it accepts a conversion cylinder or not. Any other comments?

I think I remember Walt Kirst saying it will. Check on CAS City, his partner hangs out ther and can answer for sure.

Yep.

R & D (Ken Howell) makes a good one.

.32 short

Sent you a PM on one I have for sale.

Thanks

--Dawg

I've got a '49 pocket model (Baby Dragoon with loading lever)mthat I use an R&D cylinder on occasionally. Dropped in and worked first time I tried it. Only glitch was getting the wedge adjusted properly - which is a problem with or without the conversion (yeah, I know, if Iget the arbor length right I won't have that problem).

Fingers (Show Me MO smke) McGee

Sometimes the cylinder drops in & some times it requires a bit of fitting.

I've had both happen with R&D and Kirst conversions over the years.

This particular cylinder dropped right in to my pocket pistol & worked fine.

--Dawg

I have an R&D 32 cal cylinder. I installed it in a Wells Fargo and a Baby Dragoon and it damagrd both by embossing the shape of the backplate into the recoil ring. Recoil rocks the backplate so it hammers the recoil ring fairly hard, and the pistol's frame is pretty soft. Perhaps Kirst's might not do that, ask Raven (?).

I bought the Baby Dragoon. I think since it is a 1848 the conversion cylinder they had in the shop would not work, it really needs to be a 1848 cylinder.

Also I am pretty sure a pocket pistol cannot be used as a main match revolver, but I really got it for side mstches and for fun.

Still if anyone can direct me to a conversion cylinder for the 1848, let me know.

The Baby Dragoon is an 1848. What brand of pistol is it? Uberti's Pocket (1848/Baby Dragoon) and the Wells Fargo are the same frame with a different barrel. If the conversion cylinder doesn't fit, you might have a pistol by a different maker than the cylinder is made for. Otherwise, some fitting may be required, as they are not always successful as a "drop-in".

Archived