SASS Wire Forum

Cost to go to EOT

How so?

No more $$$ to shoot than some and cheaper than others.

I load BP & smokeless to .44 Special specs.

"You are welcome to your opinion", is a 2 way street isn't it.......... <_<

LG

I believe the most cost effective cartridge for SASS is the 38 special. Anything else is strictly and figurative speaking, unnecessary from an expense stand point.

I don't care what someone shoots, but to say this line item is unnecessary while choosing other non esentials is, is double standard.

Go out and shoot your 44mags, have a great time. enjoy.

I agree, "You are welcome to your opinion" is a 2 way street and if everyone allows the other pard to express their opinion, then life will be good.

Okay, to bring this sort of back on topic, I talked to my shooting buddy a couple of nights ago, and he's still on the fence, so here's our plan:

Plan to go, but set nothing in stone until after the first of the year. We figure that we'll both know more about our respective financial condition by mid-January. That having been said, when is the latest, date-wise, that I should be thinking about making room reservations? Those can always be cancelled, I know, but I want to make 'em early enough to make sure that I have a place to sleep and take a shower :D

And what is the date of next year's EOT? Is it always the same week of June, so I can figure accordingly, or does it change slightly? That is a point of knowledge that would come in handy for making motel reservations...

We stayed four nights at the Comfort Inn in Moriarty. The cost was $310 for the four of us which included a good breakfast (waffles, cereal, eggs, sausage, fruit, muffins, juice etc) and they even had a special EOT cake and soft drinks for us one evening. Had a swimming pool, and rooms had a mini refrig and microwave. Great deal for the money with an excellent staff. Used brass was for sale at EOT for around $30.00 per 500. You may not get the full 500 due to damage, but should come close to replacing what you use. EOT provided water and even had a snack one of the days. There was plenty of entertainment and free giveaways. Even gave away free beer and wine a few evenings. We were grateful for a free pass from members of Yavapai Rangers and SASS Kicker's Winter Range pass. Fast food is close and prices were not bad at the range. Even though no.s were down, the fast shooters were there, and it is the World Championship. Hope everyone who wants to attend has an opportunity to experience this great event.

About the only thing that would be cheaper to shoot than reloading .38 Special would be .22 rimfire.

With Ol'Arthur work'n on my hands, the .38 may not be to far away.

LG

I was rather referring to legal SASS caliber of which 22 caliber is reserved for the youngn's

Okay, to bring this sort of back on topic, I talked to my shooting buddy a couple of nights ago, and he's still on the fence, so here's our plan:

Plan to go, but set nothing in stone until after the first of the year. We figure that we'll both know more about our respective financial condition by mid-January. That having been said, when is the latest, date-wise, that I should be thinking about making room reservations? Those can always be cancelled, I know, but I want to make 'em early enough to make sure that I have a place to sleep and take a shower :D

And what is the date of next year's EOT? Is it always the same week of June, so I can figure accordingly, or does it change slightly? That is a point of knowledge that would come in handy for making motel reservations...

If you want to stay in Moriarty book early in 2013. You could book in ABQ the week before EOT and score a room. You really can attend EOT by booking a room and registering a month ahead if you need to. You just won't get your first choice in lodging.

Thanks again for all of the input, folks. It sounds like my first estimate of $1200 to $1500 is going to be pretty close, especially if I can split room and travel with another cowboy. Sounds do-able to me at this point.

One of my big reasons for wanting to go to EOT is that I shoot Classic Cowboy, and it'll give me a chance to see some of the really good CC shooters in action. Very few people go to the trouble of meeting the dress code, shooting .40+ caliber guns, etc. around here, so I'm quite often the Lone Ranger, so to speak, at the shoots I go to. So getting a chance to see such folks as T-Bone Dooley, etc. in action will be a real treat...

Archived