SASS Wire Forum

CA - The Usual Garbage From The Usual Suspects

Subdeacon Joe

CA SB-249 Text

Good old Leland Yee, along with De Leon, are at it again.

SB 249, as amended, Yee. Firearms: assault weapon conversion kits.

Existing law, with certain exceptions, prohibits the possession of

an assault weapon, as defined, and makes violations subject to

criminal penalties.

This bill would, commencing July 1, 2013, and with certain

exceptions, prohibit any person from importing, making, selling,

loaning, transferring, or possessing any conversion kit, as defined,

designed solely and exclusively to convert certain

firearms with a fixed magazine into firearms with the capacity to

accept a detachable magazine and other features making the firearm an

assault weapon and would make violations subject to criminal

penalties. By creating new crimes, this bill would impose a

state-mandated local program.

The CRPA Page about it.

This is a bill that was tabled, gutted, and the new ban written into the old bill number. Common tactic. So, pards in CA, get on the phone, crank up the emails, and maybe even hand write a few letters.

(sigh) They just keep finding more ways to restrict our civil rights.

I seen Don Perata on the news the other night, I heard him say we don't want guns in my State

All of you California folks will be so much better off as soon as you start drinking the coolaide. The right wing radical radio talk show hosts have corrupted your minds and blinded you to what the enlightened are trying to accomplish. Submit to the will of your elected politicans and they will take care of you. Guns will make you evil and you don't want to be evil, do you?

Send all your guns and evil accessories to Jawja and Badlands Bob will properly dispose of them for you.

I seen Don Perata on the news the other night, I heard him say we don't want guns in my State

Look 'im up on Wiki.

That dude's slimier'n a bucket o' boiled okra. :huh:

I know about that slimmy p***k :angry: :angry: :angry:

but I will not say anything else about the loser

No wonder the state's in fiscal disarray, is that all these politicians do is sit around all day and dream up ways to take away your guns?? They ought to be working on the BUDGET!! I would be steaming mad if I lived there!! Good luck to all of you pards out there. We're pulling for ya!

Rye

No wonder the state's in fiscal disarray, do these politicians sit around all day and dream up ways to take away your guns?? I would be steaming mad if I lived there!! Good luck to all of you parts out there. We're pulling for ya!

Rye

no they also sit around and figure out how to get extended family pay child support ( as in step parents)

No wonder the state's in fiscal disarray, is that all these politicians do is sit around all day and dream up ways to take away your guns?? They ought to be working on the BUDGET!! I would be steaming mad if I lived there!! Good luck to all of you pards out there. We're pulling for ya!

Rye

Around here (greater Sacramento area) "working on the budget" consists of finding new ways to get money to blow.

Around here (greater Sacramento area) "working on the budget" consists of finding new ways to get money to blow.

Yup. :(

Few years I ago heard a legislator from the south central valley being interviewed about a proposed tax increase. "We NEED this increase! The state has a HUGE deficit and we absolutely NEED this tax to balance the budget! And besides, when we GET this new tax revenue just think of all the new programs we can have!"

I couldn't believe it. Sheesh... the idiot had no clue that we're in the mess we're in precisely as a result of that kind of thinking. What a maroon!! :wacko:

Yup. :(

Few years I ago heard a legislator from the south central valley being interviewed about a proposed tax increase. "We NEED this increase! The state has a HUGE deficit and we absolutely NEED this tax to balance the budget! And besides, when we GET this new tax revenue just think of all the new programs we can have!"

I couldn't believe it. Sheesh... the idiot had no clue that we're in the mess we're in precisely as a result of that kind of thinking. What a maroon!! :wacko:

That was when we had a sudden, and very large, drop in gasoline prices, wasn't it? And the capons in Sac were talking about adding even more taxes to gasoline (after all, we were used to paying X amount, so if the state taxed it back to that level, we wouldn't even notice it, right?). And at the same time there was some sort of windfall of revenue into the state coffers from some other source. Conservatives were saying "Yes! We can pay down some of the debt!" while the libs were saying "Now we can fund all sorts of new projects!" not realizing that the revenue was likely a one shot deal.

Interesting how this thread has gone from yet more anti-gun legislation to taxes and budget. All in a logical progression too. Gotta love adult conversations with their twists and turns.

"Capons!" :lol:

Joe, you have SUCH a way with words...! ^_^:P

And sooooo accurately descriptive.... :rolleyes:

"Capons!" :lol:

Joe, you have SUCH a way with words...! ^_^:P

And sooooo accurately descriptive.... :rolleyes:

((doffing hat and bowing deeply))

Why, thank you, sir! I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. :lol:

I wonder how many are busy looking up "capon" now. :D

My boss is... I just shared your descriptor with him. ;)

LOL! I think I looked it up when I was about 10 or 12. I had been reading something about a medieval feast and it mentioned "roast capon" and I wondered just what that was. Amazing the connection between food and politics, eh?

Rye

Do you REALLY think Calif corners the market on bad budget practice???? the headline I found was:

State Budget Crisis: 46 States Facing 'Greek-Style Deficits'

and last I looked we only have 50 states...

so is your state one of the "Fair Four"?

Ohio has a total state debt of approximately $240,236,606,000 when calculated by adding the total of outstanding official debt, pension and other post-employment benefits (OPEB) liabilities, Unemployment Trust Fund loans, and the budget gap. [4]

all I am sayin....

curley

Archived