SASS Wire Forum

Texas State Championship 2013-Plum Creek

Done. Check the website at pccss.org under "Downloads" for the rules. WE are continuing to look at them, so check back a little closer to the State match to check for any changes.

Thank you, Sir! These were the rules that I had referenced in my earlier post. I guess I'm out, as I will not be able to meet the criteria for "Period correct boots". It will be interesting to see what is finally allowed, and the protests that follow.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention CLASSIC COWBOYS and CLASSIC COWGIRLS! It would be an honor to have you shoot on the Ghost Posse. I think it would be fun :) and we might learn something from each other. :blush:

Just ask to be on the posse with Texas Ghost. Just be aware that I will not pick and choose and Long Juan's decision is final.

Ghost :FlagAm:

Thank you, Sir! These were the rules that I had referenced in my earlier post. I guess I'm out, as I will not be able to meet the criteria for "Period correct boots". It will be interesting to see what is finally allowed, and the protests that follow.

So how close to period correct are you? Nike tennis shoes probably won't make it, but we will look at the issue if you can tell us what's coming. Seems to me footwear won't be a huge issue, especially since we are talking Cody-Dixon. If you prefer you can send me a PM at dhdonald@mindspring.com.

Have ya all thought about adding the Grand Army of the Frontier milspec classes with the Cody Dixon? GAF shoots rifle aind 1 handgun,reloading as needed, no shotgun. Would fit in with the Cody dixon and I know Plum Creek has done this at monhly matches in the past. Otherwise I will look harder at the Cody dixon rules.

Attention CLASSIC COWBOYS and CLASSIC COWGIRLS! It would be an honor to have you shoot on the Ghost Posse. I think it would be fun :) and we might learn something from each other. :blush:

Just ask to be on the posse with Texas Ghost. Just be aware that I will not pick and choose and Long Juan's decision is final.

Ghost :FlagAm:

Dang, Ghost! Since I'm in charge of the vendors, I think I'm shooting early. I'll come by and watch though. :) It was great fun shootin on a posse with you, Dragon Hill Dave and Brother King last year at the Caballeros!! I learned a bunch.

Miss Cubbie

:FlagAm:

So how close to period correct are you? Nike tennis shoes probably won't make it, but we will look at the issue if you can tell us what's coming. Seems to me footwear won't be a huge issue, especially since we are talking Cody-Dixon. If you prefer you can send me a PM at dhdonald@mindspring.com.

I don't wear tennis shoes, but I don't wear boots either. The rules you posted leave no leeway, they say period corect boots. I would abide by that and want no special treatment, there are plenty of other categories to shoot. This one just seemed different, and everybody knows I'm all about that. I shot a Texas Plainsmen match a couple weeks ago with the texas Peacemakers. Didn't do worth a damn, but had fun doing it.

I think it's probably real close to Cody/Dixon. Here's the rules.

http://www.texaspeacemakers.org/plains.html

Yep Yep fer sure.

Not a SASS Plainsman type side match with cap & ball pistols and all black powder.

It does sound like a lot of fun and about the same as Cody.

Wyandot

Have ya all thought about adding the Grand Army of the Frontier milspec classes with the Cody Dixon? GAF shoots rifle aind 1 handgun,reloading as needed, no shotgun. Would fit in with the Cody dixon and I know Plum Creek has done this at monhly matches in the past. Otherwise I will look harder at the Cody dixon rules.

GAF is a great discipline and a lot of fun for those who shoot it. Plum Creek supports GAF and offers it at our monthly shoots, but for a SASS cowboy action state match we didn't think it fit. So that will not be one of the categories that we offer at the state match. Sorry. Cody Dixon offers some of the same challenges for the rifle but requires SG and pistol work too. Take a look at that.

If you want to shoot GAF at Plum Creek, come to one of our monthlies and blast away!

GAF is a great discipline and a lot of fun for those who shoot it. Plum Creek supports GAF and offers it at our monthly shoots, but for a SASS cowboy action state match we didn't think it fit. So that will not be one of the categories that we offer at the state match. Sorry. Cody Dixon offers some of the same challenges for the rifle but requires SG and pistol work too. Take a look at that.

If you want to shoot GAF at Plum Creek, come to one of our monthlies and blast away!

Good call DHD. Folks, let's not forget this is the Texas State SASS Cowboy Action Match.

Ghost

If you decide you want to shoot Cody Dixon, I think you will be fine. We are tending to move toward SASS minimum requirements for Cody Dixon shooters ("Participants may choose the style of costume they wish to wear, but all clothing must be typical of the late 19th century, a B-western movie, or Western television series."), so boots will probably not be an issue. I don't think the townspeople in that era were all wearing boots. I'll bet they had some sensible shoes even back then.

That's what we need at State--Goody moon-walkin'! OWWW!

Thanks, Dave....I think you just blinded my "mind's eye". :ph34r:

You, too, Possum!!!

Thanks, Dave....I think you just blinded my "mind's eye". :ph34r:

You, too, Possum!!!

Wait till you lay down to sleep tonight. The last thing you will see will be me, one glove and gold slippers.

Woo! Woo! Woo!

(And The Whole World Has

To Answer Right Now

Just To Tell You Once

Again . . .)

You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad-

Come On

Get that out of your mind! :D

Wait till you lay down to sleep tonight. The last thing you will see will be me, one glove and gold slippers.

Woo! Woo! Woo!

(And The Whole World Has

To Answer Right Now

Just To Tell You Once

Again . . .)

You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad-

Come On

Get that out of your mind! :D

I here I was trying to think how someone named Goody could be considered bad, but this mind twisting image stuff is some pretty powerful proof.

Micheal JOHNSON. The runner. Lol

Not that skinny white dancer dude with the bad nose job.

You got your fantasy's, I got mine. It's why they make chocolate and vanilla. :rolleyes:

Goody, you and Possum really need to find a hobby or something. You have to much time on your hands and this causes you to try and think(just think, Goody dancing through a field of Blue Bonnets wearing gold shoes)and you both know what happens when you try to think.

What I want to know is...

just how did this thread turn into "what Goody fantasizes about" ?

We might need to change the theme of the match.

Well, getting back to the Texas State Championship, we did some good work today to put a platform on the Marshal's office stage that will allow shooters to handle targets outside the marshal's office, then go inside to shoot out of the jail without having to go up 3-4 steps. We had some complaints about the steps, and even folks like me who really don't complain about steps have stumbled on occasion in our haste to get to shooting. So this is a good improvement--one of many that we are instituting at the range and product testing well before the state match starts. We are also getting a good bit of rain that is making the range green up and look pretty.

We are still a good ways away from May, but we are planning a humdinger of a match and the range improvements will help make that happen.

Archived