SASS Wire Forum

Texas State Championship 2013-Plum Creek

DHD, Squawty here

I am just jogging your memory here, remember what Shotglass asked you at EOT? If not pm me so we can get it. Don't you just love cryptic messages.

Thanks Squawty

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and I do believe that we'z got a little BBQ challenge coming. :rolleyes:

WELL. Jumped in first and got a RV spot. (good thing those went fast)

SO. Let me be the first to jump in and say. As someone who has, and does eat a LOT of BBQ.

I would be MORE than happy to jump in and be the first to say. I will be glad to be a judge at

this thing.

Looks like Complicated Lady and Ghost made it under the wire for hookups, but we will have a waiting list going.

And I have to make sure everyone knows, as Phantom mentioned above, we have flush toilets at the bathhouse in the middle of the range and in the pavilion. Makes the dry camping just a little better.

We should have our registration forms on line soon along with lots of info on the shoot and the range.

Dragon Hill Dave,

Would you welcome a couple Colorado Folks if we could make it.

Kiowa Kid & Painted Filly

Of course y'all are welcome to come down and shoot with us! This is going to be a shoot not to miss.....ya know us "Classics" and Texans know how to put on a great shoot!

Miss Cubbie

I've already made room reservations for the match. Of course the lady asked "Next MAY? May 2013?" I informed her YES, May 2013 and that she might start getting reservations soon. If you need a room, better start reserving now. There aren't that many motels in Lockhart.

Lockhart has three of the BEST in Texas Bar-B-Que places for those that get there a day or so early before the match or stay over after the match.

I've already made room reservations for the match. Of course the lady asked "Next MAY? May 2013?" I informed her YES, May 2013 and that she might start getting reservations soon. If you need a room, better start reserving now. There aren't that many motels in Lockhart.

Lockhart has three of the BEST in Texas Bar-B-Que places for those that get there a day or so early before the match or stay over after the match.

3 of the BEST?

What's your favorite?

Complicated Lady,

My friend who lives in Lockhart thinks Chisolm Trail is the best. A customer I talked to there also felt the same way. I have eaten at Blacks and like it but I don't like how you order there which is basically by the pound.

Dream Chaser SASS#79316

3 of the BEST?

What's your favorite?

Mine is KreuzMarket.com,It's also "order by the pound", and served on butcher paper.

I tried Chisholm Trail once. The sauce was too salty to eat. Might have been an off day, but that sauce should never have been served.

SO. Let me be the first to jump in and say. As someone who has, and does eat a LOT of BBQ.

I would be MORE than happy to jump in and be the first to say. I will be glad to be a judge at

this thing.

Speaking of food--

Al: We would be very pleased to have you as a judge in our Cowboy Cookoff Friday Night at the range. We haven't got the details figured out quite yet, but I do know that our judges will have to be the purest of the pure, immune to all forms of imprecations and bribery, able to make sophisticated culinary judgments in what may be a raucous atmosphere, have a large and inclusive appetite, and be born with a cast iron stomach (or have adequate medication on hand). I am sure you will do just fine.

We will be looking for other persons of similar stellar character (no stealth candidates bound to certain cooking factions please) to serve as our judges too. If you have an interest, post here or send me a pm at dhdonald@mindspring.com. We will also be looking for cooking teams, but let us get the details figured out for the cookoff and we will post that as a separate topic.

Speaking of BBQ, here's a series of articles from Texas Monthly on BBQ joints in Texas. Note that two of the top 5 are in Lockhart!

http://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/joints

No, I'm not sayin' which ones. Ya gotta read the articles, and there WILL be a test later!:P

Both of those two in the top five are actually from the same family. Our favorite though is Kreuz.

Sounds great. Please put me and Venom on the waiting list for RV hookups. We will stay in the dry camping if not available. Can't Wait. Thanks! Wheelgun :FlagAm:

As far as food goes, there is a chicken place in Lockhart that fries up real good catfish. Plum Creek served it at one of their matches and it was great (or maybe I was just hungry??). Hope they serve it again.

We Want you Gringo!

As promised, Ride with Pancho Villa, the Texas State Championship 2013, now has a flyer, schedule, application form and information sheet on our website, pccss.org. Here is a link to the Texas State 2013 section. Get those cards and letters coming cowpokes and cowgirls, there is a limit of 300 for the shoot.

As this thread indicates, there is now a waiting list for RV hookups, but we have plenty of dry camping at the range for those who want to.

Hope you can fit this into your schedule--this is going to be a fun one.

I'd also like an RV site.

The one right next to Complicated Lady and furthest from T-Bone!!!!!!! :)

Tell me what I need to do.

I thought you were ready to retire, and go back to Arkansas?

I am ready,,,juat having a difficult time getting my employer to back my decision.

Somehow the Army is not a family friendly/oriented as the be all you can be ads make the civilian world belive. :lol:

I'd also like an RV site.

The one right next to Complicated Lady and furthest from T-Bone!!!!!!! :)

Tell me what I need to do.

You are on the waiting list--nothing else to do but get yourself registered. Dry camping is just behind the rv hookup sites, so you can be back-to-back to her if you want.

You may not have to worry about T-Bone. Earlier he asked about renting the upstairs rooms in the hotel.

I can't say which motel is best but I have stayed twice at Plum Creek Inn and have been happy there. I did have trouble making reservations due to the person on the other end's communication skills. She was nice but I had to tell her 6 times when I wanted the room for.

I think the Plum Creek Inn is where I stayed when we had the TSRA shoot there. All the way at the south end of town? If so, they had a wonderful restaurant right in the motel, great food! Also there were about 30 of the contestants staying there, so it was real homey. I know how you like to socialize. ;) Yep, that was it, just googled it up.

http://www.plumcreekinn.net/

I think the Plum Creek Inn is where I stayed when we had the TSRA shoot there. All the way at the south end of town? If so, they had a wonderful restaurant right in the motel, great food! Also there were about 30 of the contestants staying there, so it was real homey. I know how you like to socialize. ;) Yep, that was it, just googled it up.

http://www.plumcreekinn.net/

Yep,

Cherokee and I have stayed there for the last big shoots.

Good place not the best but good.

Wyandot

The information page on the Plum Creek website has info on the local hotels in Lockhart and in San Marcos, which is about 20 miles from the range. Plum Creek Shooting Society 2013 State Match Information page

Archived