SASS Wire Forum

Texas State Championship 2013-Plum Creek

The Plum Creek Shooting Society, which shoots at the Agarita Ranch near Lockhart, Texas, will be hosting the 2013 Texas State Championship match on May 2,3,4, and 5th. Get this one down on your calendars.

We will have RO classes, side matches including all the traditional side matches and a Wild Bunch and Plainsmen sidematch, 10 stages of main match shooting (5 on Friday, 5 on Saturday), Friday night meal and Saturday night banquet with Man on Man, Team shoot, and other fun on Sunday. All SASS categories will be offered; we will also offer Cody/Dixon lever and single shot categories for the main match. More details will be offered in the flyer and registration form coming soon.

Vendors interested in coming (we have lots of space) should contact Miss Cubbie at redrockview@hotmail.com or 903-209-5074. We will have a schedule and registration form posted on our website at www.pccss.org soon. The field will be limited to 300 shooters. We have very limited RV parking with hookups at the range but lots of room for dry camping and plenty of camping and hotels nearby.

For more match info contact Dragon Hill Dave at dhdonald@mindspring.com. And if you want to get a taste of the way our stages work before the big event, come shoot with us at one of our monthly matches the first Saturday of every month. We'd love to see you!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about those hookups at the range.

Is it level or close to it????

And if so. What do I got to do to grab one before they are all gone.

As we will be there and will be vending also.

There are 10 water and electricity hookups. They are reasonably level, but conditions vary depending on which one you get. I will go ahead and put you down for one.

This match IS going to be a great match...I guarantee it!!!!

You want value? You'll get it!

You want fun stages? You'll get it!

You want good food? You'll get it!

Awards? Oh, they'll be nice too!!!!

Did I mention that this match is going to give back to the shooters????

Yep! You'll have fun and when you leave, you'll be looking forward to comin back next year.

;)

:FlagAm:

Tell me about those hookups at the range.

Is it level or close to it????

And if so. What do I got to do to grab one before they are all gone.

As we will be there and will be vending also.

Al,

I have had my 43' Motorhome there. The sites are great and about as level as you would want. The whole range is level.

If you have never shot a match here you are in for a GREAT shoot. Been there for a bunch of matches and thay have all been OUTSTANDING in every way.

Really looking forward to this one.

Wyandot

Dave, congrats to you, Delta Raider, and the whole club for snaggin' the state match!

Folks, this club puts on a FUN shoot! Lorelei and I will be there!!!

Looking forward to being there for sure. All the shoots we have been to there have been terrific.

For those that have never shot at Plum Creek before, the place is beautiful. Some of the stages are actually in real barns. There is a chapel and even a hotel with air conditioned rooms upstairs. The pavillion area where the banquets are held is a huge covered room with garage doors on all sides and fans (or heaters in the winter) all around. Breakfast is usually served there for a fee if not already covered in the shoot fees. (Sometimes it was included in the shoot fees, and sometimes not.)

There is even indoor plumbing on the range for those that want to know. On top of everything else, Lockhart is the Bar-B-Que capital of Texas and has some of the best bar-b-que around no matter WHAT type you like (with or without sauce).

You will be missing a fun match if you don't come. Hope to see lots of friends from around Texas there next May.

Sounds like a plan. I am sure the 10 RV spots will go fast, especailly 50 ampers, are there other RV parks fairly near range?

Hi D.H. Dave, would like a hook-up w/elect. & water,

let me know if available, I'll send $ to hold if

required, need 30amp for full service. tks a lot

Sure sounds like a fun shoot..........

.....crosscut & Beaux Hunk Cowgirl

I believe the state park just a few miles away has hook-ups, and I think I remember seeing a sign for a campground on the road from Lockhart going out to the range, but don't know anything about it or how far it is from the range.

Check out campgroups around Lockhart area for details.

If you want to stay at the range with hook-ups, you probably need to make reservations now. The camping section isn't that large.

There are 10 water and electricity hookups. They are reasonably level, but conditions vary depending on which one you get. I will go ahead and put you down for one.

:rolleyes: Good to know I got one before they are gone.

Just let me know if I need to send some funds to make sure

it is mine.

We will have an information sheet up with our registration form soon. In the meantime, Lockhart State park is just a couple of miles from the range and they have camp sites with hookups, Reserve soon, those will go pretty fast too. There is an RV park in Fentress, which is about 10 miles form the range. There may be other Lockhart RV parks that i don't know about right now, but will soon.

And remember, we have plenty of dry camping on the range. Looking forward to seeing you.

Big & Close or Small Far Away ???

Total Time or Rank Points??

I'm writing the stages...if that means anything ;)

And I'm sure you wouldn't let the scoring methodology impact your decision to attended...would it Jack?

Phantom

I'm in,,, Are the rooms above the motel available for rent? We would like to stay on the range. If so please let me know where to send my check to.. Looking forward to a great match.. T-Bone

T-Bone:

Contact Delta Raider at Leshikar@aol.com about the rooms above the hotel.

Put me down for one of the RV sites with water and 50amps if you have it or if not water and 30amps will do.

I'm writing the stages...if that means anything ;)

And I'm sure you wouldn't let the scoring methodology impact your decision to attended.

Phantom

You writing the stages??? Looking forward to them. Guessing they will be fun and fast.

As I think you understand what folks like me are looking for.

P.S. Dumps are duelist killers. :unsure:

Just saying. :ph34r:

And I am pretty sure we are out if hookups after that.

Sure glad I was jumping on that early.

Then the wife can go relax in the camper while I sit at the vendor tent. :rolleyes:

Done. And I am pretty sure we are out if hookups after that. Lots of dry camping available and we can add folks to a waiting list for hookups.

Dave, I'm just now getting to read this. Please put us down for an RV spot if there are any left and on the waiting list if they are taken.

We sure would like to stay on the range.

Thanks,

Joyce

Complicated Lady

You writing the stages??? Looking forward to them. Guessing they will be fun and fast.

As I think you understand what folks like me are looking for.

P.S. Dumps are duelist killers. :unsure:

Just saying. :ph34r:

Sure glad I was jumping on that early.

Then the wife can go relax in the camper while I sit at the vendor tent. :rolleyes:

I too...hate dumps!

Our goal for the stages is to make it FUN for EVERYONE!!!!!

And the Dry Camping ain't too bad here at Plum Creek. There's real plumbing available for everyone ;)

Oh, and I do believe that we'z got a little BBQ challenge coming. :rolleyes:

I'm excited about the state match being at Plum Creek.

I think Phantom writing the stages will be a very good thing.

I'm excited about the state match being at Plum Creek.

I think Phantom writing the stages will be a very good thing.

Uh yeah. He had better be on his toes. :rolleyes:

Our goal for the stages is to make it FUN for EVERYONE!!!!!

. :rolleyes:

Now THAT is a challenge! I betcha...Phantom is just the fellow to do it.

I'll be there.

Olen

Congratulations CLASSIC COWBOY Dragon Hill Dave!!

Dave, LG and I will be there. Put us on the list for a hook up spot. If not available, a dry camping spot near the range.

Ghost

You are on the waiting list Ghost for hookups, but likely will be dry camping. You can park next to me. The dry camping area is in the field immediately behind the hookup area and less than 150 yards from the range on relatively level ground.

If you want to see the range, go to Google Earth and enter 1000 Pin Oak Rd, Lockhart, Texas. Just go south from the gate and will see the line of buildings and just North of that across the road is the hookup area. Then North of that is a field where the dry camping will be. The field is just to the east of the pavilion.

Archived