SASS Wire Forum

My job.

Subdeacon Joe

OK,not the most exciting job in the world...load parts into a CNC mill, punch the button, let it run, take them out, reload the machine, and as it runs check the parts with Go/No-Go gauges and maybe deburr them. The parts are things like sear housings for the Smith & Wesson M&P line, rear sights for various Ruger products, other sights, triggers for Ruger and Mossberg, barrel stops for I'm not sure whom, and some other gun parts. Business is picking up. That would seem to indicate that the firearms industry is doing well.

And that's a good thing.

OK,not the most exciting job in the world...load parts into a CNC mill, punch the button, let it run, take them out, reload the machine, and as it runs check the parts with Go/No-Go gauges and maybe deburr them. The parts are things like sear housings for the Smith & Wesson M&P line, rear sights for various Ruger products, other sights, triggers for Ruger and Mossberg, barrel stops for I'm not sure whom, and some other gun parts. Business is picking up. That would seem to indicate that the firearms industry is doing well.

And that's a good thing.

A job . . . . is much better than no job. Glad you have it. :)

And that's a good thing.

Of course it is, Deacon. We keep sending guns to Mexico. Why wouldn't it?

Glad you job is going well. Nothing as unsettling as being unemployed. :blink:

Wait a minute, I am retired. Same thing. Should I be unsettled. :unsure:

A job . . . . is much better than no job. Glad you have it. :)

Thanks, Wolfgang. It's been a long few years looking. It is AMAZING what a mental boost it gave me and my wife when I got it.

A job is a job. And at least this one, unlike almost all the others I've had, I can leave at work. Put in my time, punch out, go home, not think about it, not be on call if Something Happens. Or lay awake trying to figure out how to do make something work.

Of course it is, Deacon. We keep sending guns to Mexico. Why wouldn't it?

Glad you job is going well. Nothing as unsettling as being unemployed. :blink:

Wait a minute, I am retired. Same thing. Should I be unsettled. :unsure:

Take some Pepto, should settle you right down. Or maybe drink some buttermilk.

Based on the prices I see, I'd say the firearms industry is doing very well.

Thanks, Wolfgang. It's been a long few years looking. It is AMAZING what a mental boost it gave me and my wife when I got it.

A job is a job. And at least this one, unlike almost all the others I've had, I can leave at work. Put in my time, punch out, go home, not think about it, not be on call if Something Happens. Or lay awake trying to figure out how to do make something work.

Yep . . having "a job" is good. Many years ago when I was out of work and not sure where I was going or what I really wanted to do . . . I would just GET A JOB, . . even if it was just moving funiature by the day out of a labor hall I would feel better having "a job" and money in my pocket for minimal expenses. . . and it is easier to get a job when you already have one. Amazing thing. The good mental attitude sure helps. :)

Archived