SASS Wire Forum

Hey Border Patrol - if someone is shooting at you - run away?

I think the DHS is run by a bunch of ninnies who never had a gun in their hands in defense of anyone or anything.

Jake

...and to think they bought millions of rounds of ammo and thousands of guns recently - for what??

GG ~ :FlagAm:

They have been pushing this since that Mexican kid was shot at the border in 2010. They are more concerned with PR than protecting lives.

Brandon Judd wrote on the website of 3,300-member union local. “If we are cornered by such a shooter we are to (only as a last resort) become ‘aggressive’ and ‘throw things’ at him or her. We are then advised to ‘call law enforcement’ and wait for their arrival (presumably, while more innocent victims are slaughtered)."

Wait...I thought that the Border Patrol IS a law enforcement agency.

Take action: As a last resort, and only when your life is in imminent danger, attempt to disrupt and/or

incapacitate the active shooter.

Hmmmm...that would be two to the center of mass and one to the brain. And, if they are engaged by an active shooter, shouldn't they consider their lives in imminent danger? "Ninny" is a charitable description of them...heck, it is almost praising them.

They have been pushing this since that Mexican kid was shot at the border in 2010. They are more concerned with PR than protecting lives.

Well....times haven't changed since 2010 I reckon :rolleyes:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

It's a good thing this country has a bunch of civilians that carry, someone has to protect the DHS people.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

The Supreme Court has ruled that law enforcement has no obligation to protect individuals: I wonder whether the reverse is true?

And then you have those New Mexico cops who don't have guns at all. :lol::rolleyes:

There, struck out a bunch of excess verbiage.

Thanks Joe. Sometimes my mouf does run on. I've had a case of blabberfingers before.

Jake

Another case of Bureaucrats making decisions and incompetently implementing policies. No doubt this training is similar to what other agencies and corporations give and the LE personnel should go through it just to know what the non enforcement people have been told what to do in such situations. But to lump the gin toting officers in with the non-uniformed employees and to tell them to conduct themselves in a way that's contrary to all their training way is just ludicrous. Some lower level desk jockey screwed the pooch on this one (I've met morons like him before) and will probably end up either being assigned to guarding a gate on the Maine border in winter....or be promoted.

I would hope for the former but suspect the latter will be the outcome. :rolleyes:

Don't know why this really suprises anyone. Just look at most federal agencies anyway. They seem to be more interested in their press than in enforcing the laws. The officers in general are not the problem, its the supervisors and those above them, all the way upto and including the AG and our our Commander in Chief.

Gotta start disarming America somewhere. Might as well start at the borders :o

If all this is true SOMEONE out there tell me why DHS just ordered another 450 million 40 caliber rounds to be made not at Winchester but opened up a military ammunition factory that has been closed to make it.

Why has DHS just ordered 7000 new M 16 rifles to be made,select fire,to their specs for law enforcement personnel?

They can shoot you cant.

The instructions make perfect sense, when directed at an office full of government clerks and other unarmed types. It was only when I got down to the part saying the instructions were directed at *all* DHS personnel that I had a XXX moment. I now have a mental image of the Coast Guard interdicting a drug smuggler, shouting nasty names at him and then putting the helm hard over before he can respond.

This was plainly a middle-management screw-up.

The instructions make perfect sense, when directed at an office full of government clerks and other unarmed types. It was only when I got down to the part saying the instructions were directed at *all* DHS personnel that I had a XXX moment. ?......

This was plainly a middle-management screw-up.

Somebody has a lot of 'splainin to do!

So iffin the drug mules want to bring in all they can haul, first thing they gotta do is open up a hole by shooting at the BP agents. While the BP are running away "as per orders", the mules just walk their stuff right on in.

GREAT PLAN !!

The answer's simple, folks...

All the DHS personnel have to do is call Sheriff Joe in Arizona... He'll arrest the bad guys, turn 'em over to DHS, who'll turn 'em loose. But wait - DHS won't take 'em, will they~! And if they do they may just turn 'em loose at the nearest corner! ;)

Archived