SASS Wire Forum

Some good news from Congress

Subdeacon Joe

House votes to hold Attorney General Holder in contempt of Congress

The vote was 255 to 67. Seventeen Democrats joined the majority of Republicans in voting yes. GOP Rep. Dan Lipinski voted not present, and 65 Democrats left the floor before the vote.

I wonder if those 65 couldn't in good conscience follow the party line and vote against it, but didn't want to rock the political boat and vote for it.

House votes to hold Attorney General Holder in contempt of Congress

I wonder if those 65 couldn't in good conscience follow the party line and vote against it, but didn't want to rock the political boat and vote for it.

Most of them were members of the Congressional Black Caucus, throwing the race card :-/

If it gets referred to be prosecuted you know that the US Attorney's office in Washington DC will get the call. Guess who is their boss? Do you think they are going after their own boss? It'll just be swept under the rug.

I know an FFL holder and dealer in Las Cruces. New Mexico. He was one of the dealers approached by BATFE to participate in the Fast & Furious program. He declined, but I am now wondering what kind of trouble he would be in now if he had gone along with their requests?

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

I do not know how it is supposed to work, but don't they have to point a special prosecutor or something ?

I do not know how it is supposed to work, but don't they have to point a special prosecutor or something ?

The House will be able to hire their own attorney. As a practical matter, I doubt this anything more than symbolic. Holder & Co. will be able to stonewall until after the election. He's been making noises about not staying around if Obama is re-elected and my guess is he'll "resign". If Romney wins, Holder is gone anyway.

Regardless, this show will likely run out of steam without resolution by year's end.

Getting the CRIMINAL matter out of the way opens the door for CIVIL prosecution. Then the plaintiff's lawyer is NOT an underling of Holder.

The Dems walked out because they knew they were outvoted and wanted to be on TeeVee.

Whether this will have any impact is yet to be seen.

HOWEVER- the SCOTUS decision on the "Affordable Healthcare Act" just might galvanize an "anti-Obama movement".

(Since the only way to fix it now is to repeal it.)

One thing the Chief Justice said struck me as amusing. He said (and I prarphrase) The job of the Supreme Court is NOT to protect American citizens from the legislators they elected and the laws they pass....

Archived