SASS Wire Forum

Club nearest to Fort Stockton Texas

Come On Christmas

Actually the Midland club will be closer to Ft. Stockton than the San Angelo club , by about 40 miles. Best bet , shoot at both. Carlsbad , N.M. is about 10-15 miles farther than Midland , but I do not know where their range is (which side of town).

Ft. Stockton IS a long way from anything else. The mileage to Midland club , Comanche Trail Shootist , is about 125 mi. To San Angelo is 165 mi. Carlsbad is 136 mi.

Looking forward to seeing yer pard if he does move there. Rex :D

Rex is right on clubs and all are great clubs but the closest to Ft Stockton is CTS Midland and I can vouch for the great folks that shoot there. Check out the web site at http://www.comanchetrailshootists.org/

Shameless, has your friend been to Fort Stockton? My wife'e family is from Fort Stockton.......there is nothing close to Fort Stockton, but there are several SASS members there........Midland, great people......easy drive, no traffic.

I might have been wrong on the distances, but Rex, Eli and Billy are all correct on the pards out there. They are some of the best I have had the pleasure of shooting with. It's been to long since I've seen most of them. But he can't go wrong if this works out for him.

To live in Ft. Stockton, you must get used to distances. Did it for 29 years. We have pards from Midland and San Angelo that shoot with Butterfield Trail Regulators,now near Anson(north of Abilene) Also good club at Snyder.

Midland shoots the 1st Saturday each month and San Angelo the 2nd Saturday. Rex is right about distances, Midland then Carlsbad, NM then San Angelo. Vistors always welcome!

I just remembered , there is also a club in Hobbs , N.M. , which would be about 135 mi. from Ft Stockton. They shoot on the fourth Saturday. Carlsbad shoots on the third Saturday.

Soooo , a cowboy could shoot every weekend in a +/- 150 mi radius , if he was that dedicated , and had deep pockets for fuel. :lol:

Keep 'em smokin' , Rex :D

Archived