SASS Wire Forum

Gun Ownership

Just saw a news piece on Yahoo about gun ownership in the world, China was third, I think Yemen was second and the US was first, we own a quarter of all the privately owned guns in the world. What a bunch of slackers! We need to get that up to one half. Do your part. :FlagAm:

Just saw a news piece on Yahoo about gun ownership in the world, China was third, I think Yemen was second and the US was first, we own a quarter of all the privately owned guns in the world. What a bunch of slackers! We need to get that up to one half. Do your part. :FlagAm:

Would be very interested in where that news items is since that is a tremendous change from the worldwide survey in 2007....

At that time the U.S. was first with 90 guns per 100 people.

Serbia was second at 60 guns per 100 citizens....

China was # 102 with 5 guns per 100 citizens....

Last (#178) was Tunisia at .1 (that's right, one tenth of a gun) gun per 100 people.

I tried to find the item but could not.....

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Pure #'s according to the article we own 270,000,000. Second place was 46,000,000. Seems like we ought to do better.

I promise to do my part. ;)

O.K. makes sense now, it's the total number of guns owned.....

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

I don't have any, lost em all in a terrible canoe accident years ago

Many years ago, I pawned the one I had and never reclaimed it. Don't even remember where the pawn shop was now since it's been so long ago. :huh: I think it was a .22 single shot rifle. :blush:

I don't have any, lost em all in a terrible canoe accident years ago

That's weird that that happened to you and Philly both. Same thing befell me a few years back.........Damn canoes.

Registered Guns: Which Countries Have The Highest Registered-Gun-To-Citizen Ratio?

I don't have any of those.

What are guns ?? :huh: never heard of them before :D

Guns, what are guns?? I'm in SASS for the costumes, little girls always love to play dress-up :P

(Honestly, it's the truth, at least the second sentence! :D )

Growing up in NYC where guns are equated with evil, I never had a gun until I moved west. Then acquired just enough to play cowboy. Unfortunately the movers stole them all when I moved about 6 myears ago. Being brainwashed by NYC's Sullivan law, never felt the need to replace 'em.

BTW, virtually every Yemeni male, on becoming of age, receives an AK-47. Once outside Sana-a, at least in what used to be N. Yemen, it's very rare to see a male without his jambiya (belt knife) or AK.

Aa a sidenote, when the rebels gave up the fight in the early 80's, thery were allowed to keep their 'personal' weapons. included RPGs, mortars 60mm or smaller, and heavy machine guns 12.7mm or smaller. Heavier MGs, SAM missles (SA-7s), 82mm nmortars, and other assorted weaponry were no-nos and had to be turned in. It was very interesting to see what turned up in the bazaars.

I have always found it interesting on the five o'clock news and fantasy programs, that the pictures that come from the middle east show a lot of folks in civilian garb with AK 47s in hand, in the street, and most are shooting burst of auto fire into the air. Hmmmmm, wonder how that would work in some of our cities?

And I wonder where all that .30 cal comes down?

But it looks good on the screen. Makes the story more exciting. Whoa, I think I just wet myself. :blush:

Myself, I'm wrestling with the entire concept of Chinese gun ownership. Somehow, it just doesn't seem to jibe with the idea of a hardline Communist dictatorship (or whatever you call it).

I have always found it interesting on the five o'clock news and fantasy programs, that the pictures that come from the middle east show a lot of folks in civilian garb with AK 47s in hand, in the street, and most are shooting burst of auto fire into the air. Hmmmmm, wonder how that would work in some of our cities?

And I wonder where all that .30 cal comes down?

But it looks good on the screen. Makes the story more exciting. Whoa, I think I just wet myself. :blush:

Ever wonder were all that ammo comes from These poor starving ppl are blasting away with

maybe buy some food with all that money or is ammo free in third world countrys

Archived