SASS Wire Forum

went to a gun show this weekend

Trigger Mike

Thought I'd try to sell something. Hardly any surplus guns, compared to usual. larger crowd than usual, even heard a pair of dealers talking about how they were glad to see more folks come out. Saw a lot more surplus army gear, old boots, sleeping bags, ruck sacks, from Iraq etc. A few extra emergency food sellers. few guns walked out that I saw, but a lot of AR-15 accessories. seemed lot of folks were more worried about disaster than buuying guns. Told one dehydrated food seller that their stuff was no good if folks do not have water. If things get that bad for a months supply of dehydrated food, water will be in short supply as well. No one can carry enough water for that much food if you have to leave. seemed over board to me to play on so many fears.

Remember the Y2K kits with a S&W .38 revolver, 100 rounds of ammo, four MREs and a flashlight? They sold for around $600 in 1999. The same kit with a Model 439 sold for $100 more.

There is no end to the entertainment that people offer when they panic for stupid reasons.

BO will be out in Jan, and the GOP will take the WH and congress and do very little until they force another more leftist person into the WH.

Guns and ammo will continue to escalate in price, and ARs just continue to be no fun to shoot.

Glad we got SASS and cowboys/cowgirls to make this life more stable.

I like shooting an AR,but figure other giuns are sexier and more fun to own, like a good old Garand or 1917 enfield. I figure I will buy the things no one else will and then buy the stuff they are buying now, when they sell it for cheap when their credit card bill hits. If they are right and all goes to pot, my money would not help anyway.

That's why ARs aren't that much fun.

I like to take an Ar to the range and shoot it last. It is a nice break from the shoulder killers I also take. I like to shoot it fast for fun just to hear the familiar sound and smell the one of a kind AR with break free smell. "I love the smell of " an AR in the morning.. nothing like.

Trigger Mike, you are right about the lack of surplus guns. I can remember going to Roses every other week during the 1989-1996 period and buying a Mauser, Mosin-Nagant, SMLE or Arisaka for $50-$125. A buddy and I would shoot them that weekend. I would sell them if they had expensive ammo or could not hold 4" at 100 yards. My buddy acquired 65 Mausers, 15+ SMLEs and many other guns. We went through about 300 rifles in that time.

I have been looking to replace my Swedish Mauser 1896, the best foreign-made surplus gun that I ever owned.

I also went to a Gun Show this weekend.....all the dealers were very proud of their inventory!! After walking around the whole place my back was hurting so I went to the lobby and sat for awhile, maybe 30 minutes. Didn't see a single gun walk out the door!! Prices were an average of $100-$200 higher than any auction site or even local gun shops!!Used guns were Worse!! Ammo was High, a couple of accessories I was looking at for my AR were double the prices on most popular websites! The place was packed with people, alot were walking around trying to sell their guns. Saw most of them leaving with them.

Several weeks ago, me and a buddy went to the area gunshow. Both of us were surprised how little older firearms there were in there. We saw only 1 M1 Carbine, about a dozen Garands, and the prices were high on these and saw several buyers picking them up. There were every variety of the AR15, and modern auto Glocks, SW, etc. Yes, several survivalist dealers hawking their products.

Overall, disapointed.

One thing I did see, the M1 Garands on the second day, buyers were picking up the Springfield Armory ones at 1000.00 to 1100.00, there wasn't one left the 2nd day. Thought the original ones would go, from 600.00 to 1000.00 first.

There were Chinese Broomhandles, .45s. At least a 1/2 dozens. MT

... Mary Ann can cook :wub:

Cindy Crawford! :wub:

Archived