SASS Wire Forum

Congrats to Badlands Bud

Widder, SASS #59054

We often celebrate with Wire announcements when a NEW category winner (Champion) gains their worthy title(s). At the same time, we somehow overlook repeat Champs and forget to post appropriate 'Congrats'.

So it is with this thread, I wish to Congratulate Badlands Bud on his EOT win and overall championship. Great shootin Bud.

..........Widder

I just got a text from Lead Dispencer. Here's his appraisal of Bud's win:

" He was clean, and damn near perfect. I had a miss and 3 jacked rifles. He shot spectacularly."

One multiple champion heaping praise on another. Two class acts. Way to go, Bud. Congrats on #4!!!!!!

" you will have to borrow a rifle, sure I just gave you a couple of shotguns but they have 28 inch barrels and you have no idea how well they work. You do still have the same revolvers you got for your 10th birthday but the leather is so worn out over the last 7 years that the sights hang up on the bottom of the holsters. Add all that up with having shot only three or four matches in the last year and YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS GOING TO EOT!!!!!" - Bud's Dad

Why don't the youth of today listen to their elders?!?!

What? He took overall? Oh, maybe I see why..........

Good shooting kid and thanks to all those that believed in him enough to help him out.

Bud's Dad

See what I mean. A dozen years later he finally cleans a match!!!!!! Just kidding. Good thing for him, he listened to Jess more than me.

LOL!

Hey BJT, didn't you also encourage him to slow down and hit the targets. :unsure:;)

Way to go, Bud!

Anita Margarita and I are real happy for ya!

Jackalope

Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7

Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation, 2010, 2011...

Bud was the first shooter to shoot on every stage on Posse 28. He would then work his butt off either setting targets or timing. It was a pleasure shooting with him, FJT, Lassiter, Phantom, Split Rail, Stone Creek Drifter, Brushy, Old Short Tom, Two Sons, Chance, Lady Chance, Spud and many other excellent pards.

Good going Bud. It does not surprise me that you could shoot with odd guns. You could probably do it on BP and my junk too. It also does not surprise me that your posse noticed that you pitch in on every aspect of shooting a stage with others. I never have thanked you enough for all the running around and the extra chores you always do whenever I have shot with you. That is the kind of stuff champions are and you are sure enough that pard. :)

Congrats Bud...you are a TRUE champion.

Your abilities...your obvious love of the game...your humility...yes, you are a true champion.

Thanks for putting up with me this last week ;)

Phantom

:FlagAm:

PS: Lead Dispencer is also a true champion...both these guys are true assets to this game. Thank god for them!

Way to go, Bud! It was a pleasure meeting you at EOT. The Carolina Girls (and our husbands) had a great 1st time at EOT and enjoyed watching you shoot! Congrats!

Big Congrats to you Bud; I shot with you only once, 2yrs ago

at EOT, Dewey and Nuttin and Bunch and really enjoyed watching

you shoot. Couldn't believe you asked me a question about a

stage we were fixin to shoot (really impressed me the way you

handled yourself, and me..a total stranger/outsider...ha ha)

......crosscut hardy

Bud.......congrads on your overall win and watching you in the top gun shoot off was really inspirational...man you got some skills.......... :):FlagAm:

Nice seeing you again........................regards.......Wolf

Archived