SASS Wire Forum

Dry Fire At Loading Table

Bart Solo

Uhhhh...yer a Californian...and they ain't got no funny accents.

Sucks to have a couple of squirrels kick yer arse in a debate...

So now, if you have a squirrel...and you use it to attack someone...then your squirrel is a Weapon...otherwise, it's just a squirrel.

Same thing with your pet hawk...your poddle...or is it poodle...or poodel...puddle?

And certainly in your case, your pet Rat could be used AS A Weapon...but when it's just sitting there all happy and content in your lap...it's just a Rat.

Cheers!

:FlagAm:

Truth be known, I'm from Colorado. I'm held hostage in Ca. because of wife's work.

YOU 2, kick'n my "arse in a debate", dang that's funny right there. ^_^

I just refuse to come down to your level is all <_<

The 2 of you are so predicable, that now your starting to bore the heck out of me. <_<

Well folks, lets see how long it takes to pull'em back in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey were on page 6......

LG

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truth be known, I'm from Colorado. I'm held hostage in Ca. because of wife's work.

YOU 2, kick'n my "arse in a debate", dang that's funny right there. ^_^

I just refuse to come down to your level is all <_<

The 2 of you are so predicable, that now your starting to bore the heck out of me. <_<

Well folks, lets see how long it takes to pull'em back in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey were on page 6......

LG

Pull back in...that's too funny...you once again...are either the Pot...or the Kettle.

You've said NOTHING to defend your position other then state that you were basically "Trained" to call firearms/guns weapons.

That's not much of an arguement...

So yes, I think we are ahead in the debate. But...time will tell. You may come up with a persuasive arguement sometime in the near future.

Wow....Took you 25 minutes to come up with that........ :lol:

Yup, now I'm bored...... <_<

Babble away Phantom, as you do so well <_<

Now, lets see how long it takes'em

LG

Another dodge...at least yer good at something. Sorry that it took time. Believe it or not, I do other things on this computer other then post on the Wire.

Babble?????

And I will agree with you that you are boring.

I remember what we should argue about next!

Is a revolver a pistol , or does that designation only apply to single chamber handguns? What about derringers?

Almost missed that one ;)

My father was a pistol and I'm a son of a gun. :lol:

Is a revolver a pistol, or does that designation only apply to single chamber handguns? What about derringers?

Call 'em alllllllll pistols...let god figure it out!

Or...book 'em in as revolvers...if they...have little revolving thingies. Derringers don't have little revolving things...well...they kinda do...but you really can't see it very well...so yea, they're pistols.

Next question!

:mellow:

Any body have any Dairy Queen goodies??????

I noticed that in most of the English books, that all pistols are revolvers - even when they are semi-automatic pistols!!

Even saw it on a recent Miss Marple show.

Call 'em alllllllll pistols...let god figure it out!

Or...book 'em in as revolvers...if they...have little revolving thingies. Derringers don't have little revolving things...well...they kinda do...but you really can't see it very well...so yea, they're pistols.

Next question!

:mellow:

Any body have any Dairy Queen goodies??????

Will I ever live down my DQ debacle, Phantom?

I kinda went on the idea that a pistol was any firearm that could be shot with one hand So a single shot, revolver, semi-auto or even an automatic firearm thats stock was made to be held in one hand was considered a pistol. Also, a pisol is a tool that could be used as a weapon to inflict injury or death to a warm blooded animal or beer can and even last resort, to pound the nail in the wanted-dead-or-alive poster on the post as witnessed on your favorite spagitti western movie.. LOL. I never thought about the derringer, but what the hay, throw it in there too.

For further clarification see the RO3 rules book. :)

PS. You can not injure a California squirrel with a pistol.

Well, here is Phantantums word for the day.....

Wait for it.... :o

..............W E A P O N S..............

:ph34r:

LG

:lol:

You need to correct your interest (under your alis and picture) from 'guns' to 'weapons' so at least you are consistantly......wrong. LOL. Dadddas OK

New item for the glossary of terms: Wet Firing is defined as the act of cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger as if to cause the gun to fire normally without bringing the gun into shooting position. :D Wet firing is equally unsafe as ...uh...a wet...uh...fire? :D

Moral of the story If you're going to shadow shoot at the loading table (which is legal), don't dry fire while doing so (because that makes it illegal.) Beyond that, you can drop the hammer on your rifle as you see fit to insure the hammer is completely down.

FWIW: I have encountered a number of folks who believe that shadow shooting is illegal. I think the misunderstanding comes from this same rule.

I thought wet firing was named for the stain on the front of a shooters pants when the shooter behind him at the loading table loaded up caps on his cap and ball nipples and fires them to clear them.

This is the best thread on the wire :lol:

I'm gonna go shoot today but expect ya'll to get at least one more page before I get back.

By the way I believe they were all called pistols until semi-auto were invented

Look it up in the RO3 manual or ask PWB

Wyatt

When distinguished as a subset of handguns, a pistol is a handgun with a chamber that is integral with the barrel, as opposed to a revolver, wherein the chamber is separate from the barrel as a revolving cylinder.[1]

Contents [hide]

1 History

2 Action

2.1 Single shot

2.2 Multi-barreled

2.3 Harmonica pistol

2.4 Semi-automatic

2.5 Machine pistol

3 References

So I guess a revolver is not a pistol.

Sorry I just can't do that......

The forum's vocabulary "police" would find fault with me. :o

I just don't want to be the cause of any issues here :lol:

LG

Wow...I'm truly impressed...that you are actually more inept at comprehension that I initially thought.

But at least I started the day with a laugh...thanks Blastmaster for pointing out the inconsistancy...that IS funny!!!!!

Wow...I'm truly impressed...that you are actually more inept at comprehension that I initially thought.

But at least I started the day with a laugh...thanks Blastmaster for pointing out the inconsistancy...that IS funny!!!!!

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, when are you going to learn that some things defy logic? And, there are some things in life that just cannot be fixed. Stoopidity, comes to mind.

Besides, you got steel to move and targets to paint.

Ol' Uncle Doggle, just trying to keep a dead horse alive.

Is a revolver a pistol, or does that designation only apply to single chamber handguns? What about derringers?

Sam Colt called his revolvers pistols.

Good enuff fer me.

When distinguished as a subset of handguns, a pistol is a handgun with a chamber that is integral with the barrel, as opposed to a revolver

What if you took off the revolver's barrel? Then your chamber would be integral with a really short, six barreled revolver? Smithy.

He was called the Prince of the Pistoleers. ;)

Not prince of the Revolvereers. :blink:

That's good enough for me.

They told him to "Pull them pistols real slow. Like molasses the winter time." :unsure:

Wow......You can "think"? :lol:

I better write that down.......Now, where did me put that crayon??...... :D

LG

My father was a pistol and I'm a son of a gun. :lol:

I'll just call you "squirt"........ :P

:ph34r:

LG

:lol::lol:

You two win the "Allie Mo Award" for best sequence of posts on the Wire. ;)

Anyway, that was much more enjoyable than the dueling insult posts. :rolleyes::ph34r:

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS LAST WORD? :unsure::lol:

:lol::lol:

You two win the "Allie Mo Award" for best sequence of posts on the Wire. ;)

Anyway, that was much more enjoyable than the dueling insult posts. :rolleyes::ph34r:

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS LAST WORD? :unsure::lol:

Nope ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

If'n you got an "attack Squirrel' it's probably a good thing you DON'T live in California because;

An 'Attack squirrel' is defined as an "ASSAULT SQUIRREL" by california law because they have a pistol grip (tail) and a magazine holding over ten rounds. (Mouthful of teeth well in excess of ten) They are heavily regulated and are required to be registered. Now, if you paint your assault squirrel a pleasing pastel color, remove the tail and enough teeth so's you don't violate the more-than-ten rule, you just have a plain old squirrel but it might have an ATTITUDE so.....

Well, I've been attacked by a squirrel - twice! It was the same squirrel though and it happened when I lived in Indiana. Bit me once and clawed me a little when it tried to climb me like a tree! That was back before they had to have identifying markings. It looked just like any plain old squirrel!

Wow......You can "think"? :lol:

I better write that down.......Now, where did me put that crayon??...... :D

LG

So...why are they called Weapons...exactly????

Let's see how many "Smiley" faces you can use in your response.

What if you took off the revolver's barrel? Then your chamber would be integral with a really short, six barreled revolver? Smithy.

I believe that would be called a Pepper Box Pistol,, or a hybrid offshoot of a Pepperbox, but still would be called a 'Pistol' rather than a revolver.

Geeeesh,,,, turn your back at this thread grows leggs and move upwards and onwards. LOL.

Skip the squirrel, watch out for the Beaver. Their sneaky.

Archived