SASS Wire Forum

MARYLAND STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Thunder Valley Days 2012 (Lucky 13) is complete.

Congratulations to Kiddo Caldwell for her 8th consecutive Maryland State Ladies Championship.

And, Congratulations to Lead Slinging Nick our Buckaroo that took the Maryland State Male Championship and 4th place overall win!

Appaloosa Amy (3rd overall) and her husband Quaker Hill Bill (Overall match winner) took overall top male and female. It was her fourth year in a row.

All scores are on the Thunder Valley Days web site www.WildlifeRangers.com.

We are tired and going to bed!

Roo

CONGRATS NICK!!!

As usual, it was awesome shooting with you and your Dad, Montana Max, and the rest of your extended cowboy family...Most Wanted, Two Gun Tuco, River Banks, No One.

LEAD SLINGIN' NICK on Stage 6 in all his top hat glory.

Thanks River Banks and Sagebrush Kid for being great posse leaders!

Stages were fun and the Quaker Hill Gang had a blast.

Can't wait to see you with your buckle on!

Congrats to Kiddo...we didn't even get to see you!!! Crazy how that happens!

AA, QHB, SNAZZY, & ABC

OOPPSS,

I forgot to mention that Quaker Hill Bill was also the match winner and Appaloosa Amy was 3rd overall!! Did I mention that she was top female for the 4th year in a row!

Congratulations!

Lead Slinging Nick is awesome, and he is also one great kid!!!!!!

Roo

Congrats Nick, you're a champion in many ways. I always enjoy watching you shoot.

Congrats also to Amy and Bill for your Overall wins. Lots of great shooters up that way, so no easy task indeed.

Congratulations Appaloosa Amy, Quaker Hill Bill, Lead Slingin' Nick and Kiddo Caldwell!

I would also like to thank Chuckaroo, River Banks, No One, and all the other folks that endured the hottest days so far this year to set up and run this event. The stages were awesome, food was great, and spent all my money at the vendors!

Thanks for another great event.

MTC

In spite of thr heat...we had asmuch fun as we have ever had. It was a joy to shoot with Punch and Marcy and the rest of the cowboys who participated and set up the match. AS ALWAYS, Chuckaroo and the ISSAC WALTON LEAGUE out did themselves.

The only bad thing was Red Eyed Kid was not in the match because he was recovering from surgery on his right knee.

While he was there watching the match, he fell down the hill after lunch and broke his left foot. If that is not bad enough, he may have also torn the meniscus in the left knee.

I'm waiting for an update. Hoping for the best.

Roo

I always enjoy Thunder Valley Days and always try to make it to Chuckaroo's shoots, he is the bar in my opinion on how other clubs should run their matches. This is one match that I really left a part of me on stage three that was still there on stage eight the next day. River Banks and No One did an outstanding job. I remember Lead Slinging NIck when he first started and I would time him and laugh so hard when he ejected his. 410 hulls out of his single barrel shotgun and everyone got pelted with them. Nick is a product of an outstanding dad (Montana Max). Great match minus the vomit etc.

Next year,

Hud McCoy :lol:

First time to the Maryland State Shoot, love it.I really loved shooting on River Banks Posse.I was especially greatful to Sagebrush Kid for picking Slowpoke John and myself up at the motel Saturday morning,or we would not have made it in time for the shoot(vehicle problems).Thanks again Sagebrush Kid.

Archived