SASS Wire Forum

Cancer/Chemo Update

Triple M, gonna talk wif my Creator tonight !

Yur gonna be lead off topic !

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt,

Been thinking about you every day and saying my prayers for your recovery and for your family's strength to continue to hold out. I'm pretty scarce with my postings these days, but your one subject I keep up with.

So if all will join me in this prayer

May the One who was a source of blessing for our ancestors, bring blessings of healing upon Mean Matt McCord, a healing of body and a healing of spirit. May those in whose care he is entrusted, be gifted with wisdom and skill, and those who surround them, be gifted with love and trust, openness and support in their care. And may they be healed along with all those who are in need. Blessed are You, Source of healing. Amen.

Hey Matt,

Prayers up, for you and your family and friends,pard. You know that everyone on this here Sass Wire, is pulling for you. We're all in your corner. Good luck and God Bless.

Moose

Matt,

Been thinking about you every day and saying my prayers for your recovery and for your family's strength to continue to hold out. I'm pretty scarce with my postings these days, but your one subject I keep up with.

May the One who was a source of blessing for our ancestors, bring blessings of healing upon Mean Matt McCord, a healing of body and a healing of spirit. May those in whose care he is entrusted, be gifted with wisdom and skill, and those who surround them, be gifted with love and trust, openness and support in their care. And may they be healed along with all those who are in need. Blessed are You, Source of healing. Amen.

Amen

From the CC Camp.

Matt,

Amen from Calamity and Uno as well.

J. Mark, that's a whole lot better than anything I'da been able to come up with.

Amen and thank you.

Forgive me if I stole your prayer. It was so good I thought it needed repeating. Father, if I have sinned, please forgive me.

CC

it is not an original. I took it from a Jewish prayer found here http://refuahshlema.com/ and gave it a tiny tweak.

That I knew where to find it and what the name was (and how to spell it for googling) was my only talent.

If I had written it, it would have been more like this,

"Lord, a cowboy pard is suffering and in need of your healing powers. Though I may be undeserving, and my life has not always been a model for praising you and honoring your name, this man Mean Matt McCord , he speaks the truth, he loves his fellow man, he strives to do right when wrong would be easier and he is an honor to the term "Cowboy."

I offer this prayer in spite of my own failings and shortcomings, because I know that you Lord are more than our father, you know our hearts, and you know that Mean Matt McCord makes your world a better place. We would sure appreciate keeping him around for a good while longer if you could see fit to do without him up in Heaven for the next 40 or 50 years."

Amen

And that is what I would write

it is not an original. I took it from a Jewish prayer found here http://refuahshlema.com/ and gave it a tiny tweak.

That I knew where to find it and what the name was (and how to spell it for googling) was my only talent.

If I had written it, it would have been more like this,

"Lord, a cowboy pard is suffering and in need of your healing powers. Though I may be undeserving, and my life has not always been a model for praising you and honoring your name, this man Mean Matt McCord , he speaks the truth, he loves his fellow man, he strives to do right when wrong would be easier and he is an honor to the term "Cowboy."

I offer this prayer in spite of my own failings and shortcomings, because I know that you Lord are more than our father, you know our hearts, and you know that Mean Matt McCord makes your world a better place. We would sure appreciate keeping him around for a good while longer if you could see fit to do without him up in Heaven for the next 40 or 50 years."

Amen

J. Mark, you speak far better of me than I deserve, but thank you.

BTW, WHEN are you gonna come down and shoot a match at River Bend? We would love to have you. I'm not gonna be there for a while myself, but come on down anyways.

And that is what I would write

Prayers for God's Hand to be on your shoulder. I hope for the very best for you and your loved ones....

UPDATE 3, 8-8-12

My cancer surgery will take place on Tuesday, August 21st. This surgery is really gonna suck, but it's a means to an end. Keep yore fingers crossed, pards.

Prayers up for ya still my friend. You already know that everything is in His hands and all your earthly brothers and sisters are pulling for you.

Respectfully

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

• 2 weeks later...

Matt; Hang in there buddy...you have a lot of us prayin for you...believe in the power of prayer and have faith in God.

KK

Of course, prayers continue for Matt and others fighting long-term illnesses.

Thanks for the reminder, J. Mark!

Prayers up for healing MMM.You were there for me and I am here for you.

Oh man . I missed this, but as always all my friends are always in my prayers every nite! hugs and kisses WD also Blackcat James and WD's Mama

In case you missed his post on the wire

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Howdy to all from Kennestone hospital. I am doing all right,all things considered. They have already removed the oxygen line, one of the drain tubes, and have me sitting up some. They are also thinking about removing my catheter this afternoon. The tumor was virtually gone before they even did the surgery, but it was still a necessary evil. Even the surgeon is very excited about my rate of recovery. They plan to move me from ICU to a regular room either late today or early tomorrow morning. I should be able to start taking food orally by Monday, as well as getting the other drain tube removed.

All in all, I'm doing very well. NOW try to tell me we don't serve an awesome God! Thank you all for your continued prayers. Y'all are the best friends any pard could ask for, and I love you all very much.

Mean Matt

In case you missed his post on the wire

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Howdy to all from Kennestone hospital. I am doing all right,all things considered. They have already removed the oxygen line, one of the drain tubes, and have me sitting up some. They are also thinking about removing my catheter this afternoon. The tumor was virtually gone before they even did the surgery, but it was still a necessary evil. Even the surgeon is very excited about my rate of recovery. They plan to move me from ICU to a regular room either late today or early tomorrow morning. I should be able to start taking food orally by Monday, as well as getting the other drain tube removed.

All in all, I'm doing very well. NOW try to tell me we don't serve an awesome God! Thank you all for your continued prayers. Y'all are the best friends any pard could ask for, and I love you all very much.

Mean Matt

Great news! Thanks for sharing that J. Mark. Will continue my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

Thanks for the information, J Mark.

Now Matt, you do what the Doctors and Nurses tell you. Especially the Nurses. The are like healing angel, and can't we all use a little healing and an angel in our life. You get to feeling better and keep us informed of your progress when you do.

Sure ain't gonna let you off my prayer list. GET WELL, DANG IT.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived