SASS Wire Forum

Morgan Freeman

Subdeacon Joe

Badlands Beady, The anti-gun groups are big time in with the gun buy back systems and other programs who use the get the guns off the street programs. They stay behind the scenes but are the main sponsors of such programs.

I was a cop in Baton Rouge, La. and it was always the anti-gun people who came and asked the mayor and Police Chief to put on these programs.

They put up the money which at times is a joke. $25 for every gun turned in. They only receive stolen guns of no value and then display them as a victory as removing illegal guns from the streets.

The crooks of today no longer use the $39.95 RG 22LR as the main gun. Those days are long gone. You now find nothing but the top of the line guns which are mostly stolen never purchased.

I have never seen any quality gun turned in during any of our local buy backs or free gas for giving up illegal ones.

Good info Fairshake.

Don't ya'll love the term "gun buyback program"?? Like the guns were purchased from them in the first place. Ridiculous!!!

Rye

Badlands Beady, The anti-gun groups are big time in with the gun buy back systems and other programs who use the get the guns off the street programs. They stay behind the scenes but are the main sponsors of such programs.

I was a cop in Baton Rouge, La. and it was always the anti-gun people who came and asked the mayor and Police Chief to put on these programs.

They put up the money which at times is a joke. $25 for every gun turned in. They only receive stolen guns of no value and then display them as a victory as removing illegal guns from the streets.

The crooks of today no longer use the $39.95 RG 22LR as the main gun. Those days are long gone. You now find nothing but the top of the line guns which are mostly stolen never purchased.

I have never seen any quality gun turned in during any of our local buy backs or free gas for giving up illegal ones.

No matter how much I want to protect the 2nd Amendment I also recognize the fact that there are people out there that should not have guns, and guns out there that should not be readily accessible to such. JMO...

Question I have about the gun buy back is if the gun is stolen do the police try to find the rightful owner and return it or does it get destroyed?

No matter how much I want to protect the 2nd Amendment I also recognize the fact that there are people out there that should not have guns, and guns out there that should not be readily accessible to such. JMO...

Question I have about the gun buy back is if the gun is stolen do the police try to find the rightful owner and return it or does it get destroyed?

I don't think they even check. Since the police actually bought the gun they probably destroy it. I can't imagine them going and finding the owner and then saying you owe us 100 dollars because we paid that to get your gun back. Any law enforcement out there that you know how the program works?

GG

At a local "buy-back" program one or two years ago:

LEO: "OK, sir, here's the $25 for that gun of yours."

Thug: "Why hell, I give $50 for it yesterday! I thought y'all was payin' $100 for these guns. Damn!!!"

LEO: "Son, you'd best hand that gun over and take your $25 'fore I run you and the gun thru the computer." :D

Thug: "Damn!" :angry:

Don't ya just love dumb crooks?

Archived