SASS Wire Forum

Morgan Freeman

Subdeacon Joe

On the way home from work last night I heard an ad for Ducks Unlimited...Morgan Freeman was the narrator for it. Whodathunkit?

Ducks Unlimited is pro-gun and pro-hunting. I thought Morgan was an anti........maybe not! :)

Rye

I agree.

I like Morgan Freeman.......Like his acting and his voice,

But actors and actresses should leave them politic views at home !

So Sorry, Hanoi Jane !

Everyone is entitled to his/her political view, just as you are entitled to agree or disagree with them. Being an actor (or any other profession) doesn't mean you relinquish that right. Voicing an opinion is everyone's right. Just as we are doing now in this (semi) public forum.

I reaslly don't bel;ieve there are that many weak-minded people who would vote for someone, or buy something, just because Joe Moviestar said something. Yes, many people back someone because of many different reasons that have nothing to do with their political view, but that's their perogative.

Everyone is entitled to his/her political view, just as you are entitled to agree or disagree with them. Being an actor (or any other profession) doesn't mean you relinquish that right. Voicing an opinion is everyone's right. Just as we are doing now in this (semi) public forum.

I reaslly don't bel;ieve there are that many weak-minded people who would vote for someone, or buy something, just because Joe Moviestar said something. Yes, many people back someone because of many different reasons that have nothing to do with their political view, but that's their perogative.

Yup...my opinion stands...keep to acting. You want to sell your product, best to keep the politics to yourself. Sure I'll see his shows, but will support the actor or company that supports the 2nd Amendment first.

GG

Now to pop your bubble, one BIG anti-gunner is Reba McEntire. I don't turn off her songs because of it. And two big pro-gun stars I'd have never believed are Brad Pitt and Angela Jolie. :blink: I'm with Spooky Joe.

Now to pop your bubble, one BIG anti-gunner is Reba McEntire. I don't turn off her songs because of it. And two big pro-gun stars I'd have never believed are Brad Pitt and Angela Jolie. :blink: I'm with Spooky Joe.

Well I'm with Dirty Dan Dawkins...ha! :P

..and I already knew that about Reba...and Jolie is hot...ha ha

GG

I disagree. I welcome all folks to voice their political views. I can always choose to ignore them.

I don't necessarily welcome everybody. I wish some would just shut the h*** up.

But... if somebody tried to shut them up, I'd be forced to defend their right to spout their ignorant bs. Dang it. :unsure::angry::rolleyes::lol::FlagAm:

I don't necessarily welcome everybody. I wish some would just shut the h*** up.

But... if somebody tried to shut them up, I'd be forced to defend their right to spout their ignorant bs. Dang it. :unsure::angry::rolleyes::lol::FlagAm:

Fair nuff...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Ducks Unlimited is pro-gun and pro-hunting. I thought Morgan was an anti........maybe not! :)

Rye

Yeah, you never know. Just like his attitude about race "Stop talking about it." You can find that you Youtube in his interview with Mike Wallace from several years ago.

Yeah, you never know. Just like his attitude about race "Stop talking about it." You can find that you Youtube in his interview with Mike Wallace from several years ago.

Race shouldnt even be an issue. To bad it is for some people.

GG

Rye

Guns aren't mentioned in the article, but I thought where the article appeared is interesting: http://gardenandgun.com/article/morgan-freeman-mississippi

Guns aren't mentioned in the article, but I thought where the article appeared is interesting: http://gardenandgun.com/article/morgan-freeman-mississippi

Interesting web site, went poking around for awhile and ended up buying a song by the Punch Brothers over on iTunes. I like Bluegrass.

I also believe and will defend anyone's views and freedom of speech, but to use the influence of their stature as actors/actresses to take away my rights, then I take offense and avoid any medium their in.

Contrary to many thoughts, actors/actresses and jocks do have clout in selling products, and its the reason they make the bucks to promote a product. Their clout is also used by anti-gunners and politicians to get campaign money and votes. Don't under estimate their draw power. MT

I also believe and will defend anyone's views and freedom of speech, but to use the influence of their stature as actors/actresses to take away my rights, then I take offense and avoid any medium their in.

Contrary to many thoughts, actors/actresses and jocks do have clout in selling products, and its the reason they make the bucks to promote a product. Their clout is also used by anti-gunners and politicians to get campaign money and votes. Don't under estimate their draw power. MT

Yup.

I heard a radio ad while I was driving, part of the script was "Wetlands provide places for hunting, fishing, and" (other outdoor activities).

The problem isn't celebrities using their popularity to try to further their own agenda; the real problem is that the general public actual care what celebrities have to say...

.... herein, I believe, lays a big part of the problem ...... <_<

The first part I agree with.

The second part I'm afraid I don't.

I think that there are far too many people who base their opinions off of what joe moviestar, joe athlete, or some other celebrity says, and nothing else, without knowing the facts of the issues. The advertising agencies have teams of psychologists and others working to sell products or candidates. If it wasn't working on some level, I doubt they'd keep spending the money to do it.

Far too many others base their vote solely on what is in it for them. I don't see folks who live off the public dole voting for someone who would do away with their income.

I hope that I am wrong.

We are a society that puts value on celebrity. Just notice the mourning that happens when one dies no matter what the cause of death. Personally put no higher value on an actors life or opinion than I do on the guy who stocks the produce at the grocery store. I can appreciate the work that each does, but neither earns my respect or attention based solely on the jobs that they do. Now the soldier, LEO, or firefighter who puts his or her life on the line for me, they do deserve my respect and support, if not for the person, then for the position.

Grizz

Dangit, you done got me to talk about the P word, even though it's in a roundabout way.

How powerful are actors/actresses? For a moment consider how Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton were treated by the press. Does anyone remember when all commercials were put on hold for hours on the news channel when the sheriff came to arrest her? Or Lohans arrest, and trial? Remember how all the other things happening in the world suddenly stopped, and became meaningless? Does anyone remember a time when other news items, even interviews of some important people, and commercials were put on hold, or when those interviewed were told to wind it up, as a commercial was coming up, or station break?

Ask yourself why does the present President surround himself with movie stars if they didn't have clout to help him!

Here's another little tidbit on how powerful hiring a famous person will increase puplic opinions and help sales. During the first couple years of Ted Williams endorsement of Sears Shotguns, (made by Winchester), outsold the manufacturers named shotguns, Winchesters. Almost the same guns, yet Ted Williams endorsement sold more. MT

Does this apply to Ted Nugent? :rolleyes:

'Course, it couldn't apply to Charlton Heston, no longer being with us as he is.

Could apply to any celebrity.

Y'all sure bout Reba now? She did some ticket tradin for guns bout 10 years ago up in Tulsa. I know many of her family and they sure as hell aren't anti. Maybe she changed her way cuz shes not on the NRA anti list.

Y'all sure bout Reba now? She did some ticket tradin for guns bout 10 years ago up in Tulsa. I know many of her family and they sure as hell aren't anti. Maybe she changed her way cuz shes not on the NRA anti list.

I sure hope so....i had heard a year ir so ago on other gun forums so...like alot of internet talk maybe it's rumor :)

GG

Nope, not sure. I do know she did several shows offering 100 tickets for 100 guns back in the 90s, saying she wanted guns off of the street. I know of Tulsa and Tyler, TX for sure. dry.gif

Nope, not sure. I do know she did several shows offering 100 tickets for 100 guns back in the 90s, saying she wanted guns off of the street. I know of Tulsa and Tyler, TX for sure. dry.gif

I always thought these events were to encourage people to turn in illegally-acquired guns, hence the reason for "no questions asked." I'm all for anything like that, that will get a juvenile delinquent or whomever to surrender his weapon.

Badlands Beady, The anti-gun groups are big time in with the gun buy back systems and other programs who use the get the guns off the street programs. They stay behind the scenes but are the main sponsors of such programs.

I was a cop in Baton Rouge, La. and it was always the anti-gun people who came and asked the mayor and Police Chief to put on these programs.

They put up the money which at times is a joke. $25 for every gun turned in. They only receive stolen guns of no value and then display them as a victory as removing illegal guns from the streets.

The crooks of today no longer use the $39.95 RG 22LR as the main gun. Those days are long gone. You now find nothing but the top of the line guns which are mostly stolen never purchased.

I have never seen any quality gun turned in during any of our local buy backs or free gas for giving up illegal ones.

Archived