SASS Wire Forum

I have a question.

This subject has had me shaking my head for a couple years now. Here goes....

Why at the National match and World Championship match is it allowed for a shooter to shoot a side match over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until they come out on top. Why is this allowed when you can't shoot the main match stages over and over and over until you have put out your best time?

My wife, Tessa Two Gunner told me that it is fun to see how fast you can go or to get in practice before the main match. I have to agree with that and I don't think that is wrong to let a shooter to run multiple times through a speed event. I have no problem with that at all but I don't understand why someones fastest run after the first try on a speed event carries more weight then their first when you can't do the same on the main match stages.

Just curious.

Ketchum Quick

Way back when, on side match day, you could go to any or all side match stations and shoot as many times as you wanted. How ever the first time was scores as the side match score and did not change. All other runs on that side match was shot as a Pot Shot stage. You place a dollar in the pot and got to shoot. After there were 10 names on the list another pot was started and the money was divided 1st = $5.00, 2nd = $2.00 and 3rd got $1.00. $2.00 went to the match.

OR something like that.

BUT only your first run through time when towards the side match stage trophy.

A lot of clubs will have a "You bought it" where you post your first score to count for the fastest first time scores and then if you buy an additional pass to shoot it multiple times you can post the best score overall called a "You bought it".

KK

Either make the first time count OR charge a doubling or compounding/exponential entry fee every time: $2 the first time, $4 the second, $8 the third, $16 the fourth, and so on.

OR

$2 the first time, times 2 = $4 the second time, times 4 = $16 the third time, times 16 = $256 the fourth time, times 256 = $65,536... nobody's going to shoot a fifth time! :lol:

At our 3 day match this past weekend, "Thunder in the Valley" the side matches were free and you could shoot 'em until the cows came home! Big deal, it's only side matches, noone really cares a whole bunch!

Rye

If no one cares, then no one would shoot side matches much less more than one to better their score so as to win the side match.

------------

Everyone gets one chance to have their score entered for the side match. After that it's pot shooting against those who want to put their money down for a chance to win part of each pot.

Archived