SASS Wire Forum

Colorado Cowboys, Springer Fire

I just wanted to let folks know that the fires in the Lake George area are not (currently) a threat to the M Lazy C Ranch, where the Colorado Cowboys have their home range. The Wilkerson Pass fire is over and done; The Webber fire, near Lake George is old news. The new, "Springer" fire, south of the town of Lake George, has burned 500 acres and is a good five miles or more from the Ranch. The wind, in the last couple of days, has been blowing away from the Ranch, so we are good, for now. Will keep this updated, periodically.

Three fires in two weeks in one neighborhood has been disturbing, but thus far has had no effect on plans for the Badger Mountain Range War! We still have space available, so feel free to get those entries in ~ entry forms can be found at the Colorado Cowboys' web site.

Buena suerte, amigos! Cuidado, and keep safe!

eGG

Thanks for the updates fellas, please keep us posted. I'm glad that the M Lazy C isn't in any danger for the time being, but you never know what the winds might decide to do. I sure hope it doesn't get any closer to Lake George either, got the fingers crossed for the townfolks as well as all the others in the area. As for the Range War, as long as the ranch is still open, Buick and I will be there! ;)

I'll refrain from commenting on how I feel about what the local stations are reporting in regards to the possible cause of this one. But I would like to remind everyone, if you really feel the need to blow things up by shooting at them, please don't do it in an area that's under a high fire danger warning!!! :angry: Just sayin'....

As of 1300 Tuesday, the northern edge of the Springer Gulch Fire was six miles due south of the M Lazy C. Fire crews are reportedly working on containment on the north and east sides of the fire. The down side is the Weather Channel reports current wind conditions of 10 to 15 mph, from the south.

For a map of the fire click Springer Gulch Fire.

So far, so good, amigos!

eGG

There's good news and bad news. The good news is the Springer Fire is now about 80% or so contained, and the crews working that one are optimistic that they'll have it completely contained soon. The bad news is there are now a total of 9 fires burning in Colorado :angry: This includes the Springer Fire, the big one outside of Fort Collins, and newer ones outside of Estes Park, Colorado Springs, and Mancos, and several others. Record setting heat in the state today as well, with no end or rain in sight. Prayers up for everyone close to all of those fires, as well as the ones in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Wyoming. (Apologies to any other states I missed!)

There's good news and bad news. The good news is the Springer Fire is now about 80% or so contained, and the crews working that one are optimistic that they'll have it completely contained soon. The bad news is there are now a total of 9 fires burning in Colorado :angry: This includes the Springer Fire, the big one outside of Fort Collins, and newer ones outside of Estes Park, Colorado Springs, and Mancos, and several others. Record setting heat in the state today as well, with no end or rain in sight. Prayers up for everyone close to all of those fires, as well as the ones in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Wyoming. (Apologies to any other states I missed!)

I can see the Mancos (Weber) fire column from my house. 800 acres this morning. 2500+ acres now. not good. :angry:

Hello the Fire ,sorry about the Pun

The springer fire is contained.

However we have a new fire outside of Co springs Co Named the Waldo Canyon fire burning approx 2000 acres 0 percent contained

News streaming KKTV.Com WALDO CANYON FIRE.

It is quite a ways from M/C ranch home of the Badger Mountain Range war.

Windy Ike

Archived