SASS Wire Forum

No Noose is Good Noose in Albuquerque...?

I'm tired of poor race relations. I want my children to grow up in a world where the color of skin is not an important issue in judging a person. I can't change it alone, but I can make a difference by doing what is right and encouraging others to do so.

Well said.

However, I do think that this could have been resolved a bit more subtly... and I have to admit that thoughts of racially motivated lynchings don't immediately leap to mind when thinking of Albuquerque. A culture historically pretty different from Alabama and Mississippi.

By the way, on the subject of "race relations," I moved from Dallas to Oakland my junior year of high school. I got to see the school desegregation as it took place in Dallas (it was ugly), then suddenly found myself a member of a VERY small minority in a school in Oakland that made national news for riots. I saw things that were beyond terrifying... and experienced discrimination every bit as bad - or worse - than anyone else.

And I too remember the day Dr King was murdered - I took a brick to the back of my head because I was "Whitey," and barely escaped worse.

Perhaps I'm not as sensitive as I could be about "offensive" words or symbols. (Remember the government official who lost his job for correctly using the term "niggardly?")

Okay... so "No noose is good noose!" ;)

Oh... as an afterthought... a number of years ago no less a personage than the honored, esteemed, tolerated and respected philosopher, our very own Forty Rod, proposed the formation of a group to be known as P.O.O.P.... "People Offended by Offended People."

I simply see the hangman's noose as a symbol of capital punishment. Doesn't matter what color you are. Its history has been good and it's been bad for its purpose. Of course many others can see it in many different ways that's their opinion.

GG

I couldn't read the entire article without participating the in their marketing quiz, so maybe I've missed something. Regardless, I wonder why they chose the noose in the first place? Why not an electric chair, gas chamber or firing squad? Sort of a grisly image for a unit sworn to protect the public. I find any imagery of final judgement connected to a police department in poor taste and a little disturbing. <_<

One wonders about the quality of the supervisors.

I simply see the hangman's noose as a symbol of capital punishment. Doesn't matter what color you are. Its history has been good and it's been bad for its purpose. Of course many others can see it in many different ways that's their opinion.

GG

However, capital punishment is the purview of the justice system, not the police. While it is sometimes necessary for the police to take a life in defense of themselves or others, it is not a function of the police to act as executioners. When that happens you have a whole new ball game.

I just marvel at not only how thin-skinned and delicate some people can be but at how reactionary the "establishment" can be when someone voices their feelings...

So, how about the Salem, Massachusetts police logo bearing the likeness of a witch? Heck - that could offend Baptists, Catholics, Wiccans and a WHOLE bunch of other folks.

Or the New York PD's shield... which appears to contain a guy with a bow and a guy with a whip? Oh My! :huh:

However, capital punishment is the purview of the justice system, not the police. While it is sometimes necessary for the police to take a life in defense of themselves or others, it is not a function of the police to act as executioners. When that happens you have a whole new ball game.

As I said.. people a look at it as they please. I certainly don't believe in vigilante justice. therefore it takes the police to capture the perpetrator that will face the justice.

So you can look at it as you wish.

GG

As a attorney you must have been speed reading a lot of what I said. Look for the part that I stated that the time of those hangings was a very bad time in our history. Or where I stated that the black persons who live in the neighborhoods are trying to get out as they are being killed by stray gunfire.They are looking for a better life too.

As a attorney you should be the first to know that each and every document is judged by the content within the four corners and not a pick and choose of that which is useful to your cause. Reread the posting.

I was given a all black section of our town for my first 2 years. It will open your eyes to the real world.

The Pollyanna world you are writing about may be found in the fiction section of any large library.

Go to any big city like New Orleans and Baton Rouge and bring your family to walk those streets and tell every one who walks up to you with a gun that all you want is to do as Rodney King and "Just Get Along".

It's no where real or is it going to happen until People like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton quit living off the very people they profess to want to help and talk about the REAL ISSUES OF THE BLACK WORLD.

THEY should be telling the young males and females to stop having hundreds of babies and then working the system so they never work but live off your tax dollars.

This information is first hand and not something I made up.

I have some serious health problems and could not work. For the first time in my life at age 57 I went to seek help at the Social Security Office. My wife and I were the only whites in a line of 30 blacks before the doors were opened.

While in that line we were given a crash course on how to answer the questions. What to say and don't say and what to do with any property we had so that we could get more money. We were so taken back that I reported it to the officials inside who laughed and said it goes on and they know about it.UNREAL!! It's 2012 and time for the people of color who now have a black President to quit pointing the finger of the past and do something that will benefit them instead of causing problems.

When you get off your butt and work and pay taxes and quit selling drugs in your neighborhoods; then I'll take a different set. If I live that long.

I'm sorry for your health problems Fairshake and I wish you luck with Social Security. I've handled Disability claims for 10 years or so and if I can be of assistance PM me. I don't live in a Pollyanna world and I am not blind to what goes on around me. Sharpton and Jackson are thugs feeding on the uneducated blacks. They are hate mongers.In a crime ridden neighborhood everyone is a potential threat-I get that. But There are plenty of people that the symbolic noose offends who are not criminals, who may learn to either respect and trust the police, or fear abuse at the hands of the police-which you also live in the real world and know occurs. Change starts with a single step.

As a attorney you must have been speed reading a lot of what I said. Look for the part that I stated that the time of those hangings was a very bad time in our history. Or where I stated that the black persons who live in the neighborhoods are trying to get out as they are being killed by stray gunfire.They are looking for a better life too.

As a attorney you should be the first to know that each and every document is judged by the content within the four corners and not a pick and choose of that which is useful to your cause. Reread the posting.

I was given a all black section of our town for my first 2 years. It will open your eyes to the real world.

The Pollyanna world you are writing about may be found in the fiction section of any large library.

Go to any big city like New Orleans and Baton Rouge and bring your family to walk those streets and tell every one who walks up to you with a gun that all you want is to do as Rodney King and "Just Get Along".

It's no where real or is it going to happen until People like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton quit living off the very people they profess to want to help and talk about the REAL ISSUES OF THE BLACK WORLD.

THEY should be telling the young males and females to stop having hundreds of babies and then working the system so they never work but live off your tax dollars.

This information is first hand and not something I made up.

I have some serious health problems and could not work. For the first time in my life at age 57 I went to seek help at the Social Security Office. My wife and I were the only whites in a line of 30 blacks before the doors were opened.

While in that line we were given a crash course on how to answer the questions. What to say and don't say and what to do with any property we had so that we could get more money. We were so taken back that I reported it to the officials inside who laughed and said it goes on and they know about it.UNREAL!! It's 2012 and time for the people of color who now have a black President to quit pointing the finger of the past and do something that will benefit them instead of causing problems.

When you get off your butt and work and pay taxes and quit selling drugs in your neighborhoods; then I'll take a different set. If I live that long.

Do not say that BAD word around BLACKS they well have a heart A---- the word is WORK ,We have trained them to sit on their back sides and have b---- the more the m----- .Most live better on welfair then others that work .

IT IS NOT THE BLACKS FALT IT IS DOMOCATS WHO HAVE BOUGHT THEIR VOTES WITH WELFAIR and it is not going to get a bit better .The DOMOCATS trained them just like monkeys,Vote for me ect. Now what is going on everyone wants the free ride .for us that have worked and paid into SS we should get help.

but not that ---- ----- that has never worked more than 6 mo. in their life.AND BY THE WAY SOME WHITE TRASH Have stopped working(WHO COULD WORK) GIVE ME GIVE ME

I have a wooden cross in my front yard and well have a NOOSE hanging there this afternoon AND IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE CROSS AND OR THE NOOSE DO NOT STOP JUST KEEP ON GOING

IF A ATTORNEY LIPS ARE MOVING THEY ARE ------

I have a wooden cross in my front yard and well have a NOOSE hanging there this afternoon

And your reason for doing that is?

Dodgers are still out in front in the NL... but Texas in the AL is just 'bout tied with 'em...

I once had my ex- convinced that to be an American League umpire your name had to be AL. :rolleyes:

Dodgers are still out in front in the NL... but Texas in the AL is just 'bout tied with 'em...

I once had my ex- convinced that to be an American League umpire your name had to be AL. :rolleyes:

The Rockies have been sabotaged by their woeful pitching staff which I am convinced is composed of commies, devil worshipers, and terrorists. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!! :angry: :angry:

Ahh yes....I believe that's my off ramp coming up. See ya! :lol: :lol:

And your reason for doing that is?

You can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If you do not know by now you well never know .

Joe Boy (The Happppppppppy Fat Man)

J Mark Flint, I first want to thank you for the very kind offer of your assistance but I was able to find local help.

I agree with your last statement 100% and that is why I posted in a earlier posting that I become very upset when a few bad eggs puts heat on the entire group.

Change is not needed by the white faction as much as they have to start the change from within themselves. As I posted before, we have killings almost every day and several of those are innocent blacks who were just standing in their own yards.

That is the point that I've been trying to convey as many whites are so detached that they have no idea what really goes on.

I have saved many a person without ever looking at the color they have, so don't misconstrue what point I'm trying to make here.

The blacks have to step up and work for the neighborhoods they live in.

They have a belief in those neighborhoods that you don't snitch or give any information to the Police.

My entire posting has been aimed at the message of that change has to come from within and it does not matter how hard we try from the outside, they have to want it as bad as we do.

Then and only then will a change come that all people can be happy about. Go into the neighborhoods and talk to the persons who live there, they want out as bad as we want the violence to stop.

If you have ever had contact with a person who is on drugs of any kind and tried to help them, then you understand. That person may go to recovery 10 times before they hit the rock bottom. Then and only then may they start to use the help that is there to climb out of that hole.

Any bad area will have blight and a loss of pride and until they decide to come out of it will it be the way we see it.

I was a Narcotics agent for 7 years and it was the same when I left as it was when I went in.

We have thrown billions of dollars into intercity blight and it has done very little for the dollars spent.

That all could change if the people themselves decided they have had enough. Money is not the answer, personal contact will help but that internal help is the big key.

A certain mindset has to change and not continue to blame the white man for the problems. The hangings(which were terrible and wrong) have nothing to do with a black man who lives off the system with his hand out and demands more because people of color were wronged over 150 years ago. It has nothing to do with his yard full of garbage, his screen doors broken, windows broken or his drug habits.

And just as all cops are bunched together, it has nothing to do with the good people who are trying.

Fairshake

I agree with your entire last post. Every statement. But my addition is simply this. I cannot make anyone but myself change, so no matter what else I do or don't do, the one thing in my control is (hopefully) me. Perhaps my attitude towards individuals will be noticed and will help to break a stereotype just a little bit. Alone I will not change the world, but I alone can change my actions.

And Joe Boy, thank you for your contribution, you sure know how to make a point.

Archived