SASS Wire Forum

Florida trip lookin good

Widder, SASS #59054

Beatin'?? Hey, don't get the wrong ider' as you guys are bigger than me and I'm a coward, don't like pain and gettin' old. Wyatt, even in your condition you'd give me a lickin'. And I can't swim 2 miles, Ttat's why I shoot gunfighter, the only way to fight. Whew, might have to stay home as now I'm skeered to come out. Can I still come see ya? Please******?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so bumped that I won't be able to be at this match to meet you Widder, I've heard great things about you. Also I hope everybody coming has patience for JEL since he'll have a lot on his plate that Sunday morning. I'll be just flying back in from vacation and try to make it out there before the shoot ends. Our new fan should help keep everybody cool for the shoot, last month it worked great. Have a great shoot everybody.

Serving Justice :D

Serving Justice:

thanks for the kind words but I'm the one who is really lookin forward to shooting with alot of Florida Cowboy/Cowgirls.

I met a few at GA State and look forward to shooting with some of them again and meeting awhole posse full of folks I've heard about and 'met' on this Wire.

Korupt Karl speaks highly of everyone down that way and I'm lookin forward to just hangin out for a good ole shoot.

I've already been in touch with John E Law and Preacherman and I'm sure that I am more excited about coming down there than anyone.

If you're able to shoot or drop over.....I look forward to meeting you.

Best regards

..........Widder

Preacherman? I thought he was dead!

Sam,

The Force must have resurrected him. Whatever the case may be, he's lookin for put a hurtin on everybody.

Hey, I'm hopin The Force with with all you Jedi's when I get down there.

..........Widder

Well it looks like I am definitely going to miss this one. We just found out that they are going to induce Cassie within the next week. Looks like I will be playing with a one week old instead of with you guys :) . I'll see most of you out there in August for the Magnum PI match though. Do they make Hawaiian shirts and Detroit Tigers caps for infants?

Widder, we here in Ft Lauderdale are not to be outdone. We will have a XL T-Shirt waiting at sign in. We start shooting about 9:30 with sign in about 8:30 to just before we start to shoot. You want to watch out for us old smoke shooters like Brady. Don't know if he will make both shoots but he has been known to set our range on fire as well as others. It is the for the 4th of July anyway so more smoke. If you need directions to the range let me know.

Hoosegow Hank

Widder, we here in Ft Lauderdale are not to be outdone. We will have a XL T-Shirt waiting at sign in. We start shooting about 9:30 with sign in about 8:30 to just before we start to shoot. You want to watch out for us old smoke shooters like Brady. Don't know if he will make both shoots but he has been known to set our range on fire as well as others. It is the for the 4th of July anyway so more smoke. If you need directions to the range let me know.

Hoosegow Hank

Buffalo Brady has set more than one range afire. Dang, looks like Widder is gonna clean up on the T-shirts. By the way Widder, you'll be shootin' with my brother, Angus McNasty down at Gold Coast. We usually don't permit him to travel to Central Florida to be amoung us decent folk. :lol:

Sun

Don't pay no 'tention to Hoosegow Hank........ he cain't make no fire and smoke like I kin! Hey, it's the 4th of July.... time for color and smoke! Look forward to another opportunity to set things afire!

Brady, I'm loadin up my brass shotgun shells with lots of blue and red just to keep up with you. Hey I made a rime! Hey Widder, don't pay any tention to what Sun has to say about Angus, he's just jealous. Maybe Preacher Man will get over our way to and show us how to shoot the gunfighter style.

HH

Brady, I'm loadin up my brass shotgun shells with lots of blue and red just to keep up with you. Hey I made a rime! Hey Widder, don't pay any tention to what Sun has to say about Angus, he's just jealous. Maybe Preacher Man will get over our way to and show us how to shoot the gunfighter style.

HH

Widder, If Hank set his hat down.........DON'T sit on it........trust me on this one. ;)

all you Pards are just toooooooo good.

Hoosegow: ifn Preacherman don't make it over your way, I'll try to shoot alittle GF meself and that oughta keep you entertained alittle. After all, it all about the Entertainment.

Thanks for the T-shirts. Looks like I'll be returnin to Tennessee better dressed than when I left.

Maybe my wife (and 19 yr old daughter) will travel with me to the Pot Luck shoot. I been hopin my little girl (tall and beautiful) would meet some nice young Cowboy but she never goes to any shoots with me.

These two matches are lookin better all the time.

..........Widder

Just thought I'd bring this back up. Hopefully everthing is still looking good for your trip. No need to worry about the weather, it's great. Hot but great.

Maybe Stan and Dan will see this and make the trip down to Miakka......with new belt buckles.

Sun

Howdy Sun.

Yes, the plan is to leave E.TN on Friday evening and arrive down in S.FL sometime around mid-day on Saturday.

THEN, jump up early on Sunday morning to shoot with the Misfits.

I'm gona call Preacherman and John E. Law this evening. For now, it looks like I'm gona drop by Preachermans house, pick him up, and ensure I don't get lost.

HEAT: E.TN will be having 100 - 104 temps the next few days. S.Florida is lookin to have upper 80's.

Looks like a good vacation is shaping up for me.

Stan and Dan oughta show up just to show off those belt buckles for sure. I think Arcadia Outlaw might shoot also, along with John E. Law.

Lookin forward to seein Sam again and hopefully shoot with abunch of GFer's.

YEEHAW !

..........Widder

I just did the finishing touches on the stages for the match and they will all be VERY GUNFIGHTER FRIENDLY!

Can wait for Sunday.

JEL

"VERY GUNFIGHTER FRIENDLY" means the trap has been set for us notorious gunfighters by some onery dark force of the universe..... :lol:

Will Lord Vadar send out the 3 Amigos (Dan, Stan & Delta)to test the Jedi Force?

Or will the Gruesome Twosome (The 'Law' bros.) be takin care of business (Arcadia and John E.)?

Or maybe the Dynamic Duo of Woody and Sassy will show up and try to find a weak spot in the Jedi Force this weekend.

Anyhow, The Gunfighters will be ready, whether in deed or in Spirit..... ^_^

Sam loves the challenge. The Preacherman has the faith to prevail. Wyatt will stand tall against any and all adversaries. Widder will be cheering ALL the Gunfighters to have a fun filled day.

YEEHAW.....just a couple more wakeups!

..........Widder

"VERY GUNFIGHTER FRIENDLY" means the trap has been set for us notorious gunfighters by some onery dark force of the universe..... :lol:

Will Lord Vadar send out the 3 Amigos (Dan, Stan & Delta)to test the Jedi Force?

Or will the Gruesome Twosome (The 'Law' bros.) be takin care of business (Arcadia and John E.)?

Or maybe the Dynamic Duo of Woody and Sassy will show up and try to find a weak spot in the Jedi Force this weekend.

Anyhow, The Gunfighters will be ready, whether in deed or in Spirit..... ^_^

Sam loves the challenge. The Preacherman has the faith to prevail. Wyatt will stand tall against any and all adversaries. Widder will be cheering ALL the Gunfighters to have a fun filled day.

YEEHAW.....just a couple more wakeups!

..........Widder

Pard you're going to have to stop by New Smyrna Beach to see me. It is a little to far away and besides after being gone for 10 days at EOT I had better stay close to home if I want to survive. Momma and the babies need to spend time with Daddy....or.......Momma will show Daddy a thing or two about shooting. After all she is the Colonel's daughter. Hope to see you soon.

Stan

Stan,

I trully understand. And...Congrats on your good shooting at EOT.

Tell 'The Gang' I send my best and glad everyone had a good trip and safely back home to their families.

I'm lookin forward to meetin and shootin with alot of folks that I seem to know but have never met. It will be a nice day.

..........Widder

Well,

My good pard & fellow Jedi Gunfighter should be on the road to Florida. Hope y'all will take good care of him & show him a swell time. Just a few words of advice. Make no discouraging remarks about Marlin rifles, as he really takes it to heart. No need to mention how shooting a '97 ain't as cowboy as a double, he's spent a lot of time practicing using a pump shotgun. If you want him to hear the beep of the timer, be sure to place the timer near the left ear, but not too close to bump his hat. Most importantly, avoid being in close confined spaces with him for too long a time. Whew, don't ask. Hope y'all have a great time shooting with Widder.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

P.S. No need to tell him about this post. :rolleyes::o:D:D:D

Well, Widder came out today and whipped all of us at the Miakka match. Some where along to way he picked up Preacherman (probably hitchhiking) and brought him along also.

Funny thing about Widder, come stage 6 when all us Florida folks were dragging butt due to the heat, Widder just kept getting better and better.......said he was looking forward to shooting 8 stages. :o

It truely was a pleasure shooting with ya and congratulations on Top Gun today. Have a great rest of your vacation and tell Mrs. Widder thank you for letting you come out to play with us. Try to take it easy on them folks on the East side of Florida.......you're gonna give us an inferiority complex. B)

Looking forward to shooting with you again somewhere down the trail.

Sun

I shore wish you guys didn't let him win...now he's gonna be hard to live with when he gets back.

KK

Yea, right Karl. We just let him win. Nobody told us he was a reptile and just got faster the hotter it got! Besides he is better using the force than me or Wyatt and Preacherman is no good at all. Preacherman can deflect the force though.

I personally tried to use the force on Widder and got a "P" myownself.

It was a lot of fun shooting on the posse with Widder and the other four Gunfighters. Widder even told us a few Marlin secrets!

It was even fun for me being the penultimate shooter. (For Korupt Karl who thinks that's good, it means next to last!)

It was FUN to meet and shoot with Widder today. He does like it hot.....at least thats what he told us to say ;)

I was the first GF on each stage and showed the others how some of the SG targets needed to be aimed at and how not to do some of the sweeps. I ended up using the force on myself.

I don't know about Sam and Preacherman but I let Widder beat me just to be hospitable. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it

Congrats on the Top Gun and hope to see you soon on the trail

Wyatt

All you MIAKKA MISFIT COWBOYS should stand tall and proud.

The hospitality was 1st class. I had a SUPER GOOD time.

Stages were set up by JOHN E. LAW who did a perfect job. Very interesting stages that could be shot fast and with movements.

One of the stages ask: "Whats A Widder'. We're still trying to figure that out..... :o

WYATT: you ain't nearly as slow as KK said :o

CYPRESS SAM: you're a 1st class Gunfighter. KK had me thinkin you were all washed up. ^_^

PREACHERMAN: KK told me that The Force could be used against you but you actually did a good job deflecting it for 5 stages. 'Force Deflection Shields' need to stay active for the whole 6 stages. :lol:

CYPRESS SUN: great to meet you and actually shoot with everyone today. It was a great day and I'm overly joyed that I made the trip. I must admit that KK told me you were one of the best at single loading the '97 and now I agree.

I got to meet and talk awhile with Deadeye Dallas. We had talked on the phone a couple times but this was the first time I had the pleasure of meeting him. He's a class feller and it was natural that we talked about rifles.....The Lightning style pumpers and the Marlin '94. I hope he didn't think I was loooooong winded.

I even enjoyed the weather...........atleast that's what I tried to convince everyone. I almost started to sweat on stage 6 but changed my mind..... :D

Seriously, now I know why KK brags about all you fellers and speaks soooooo highly of everyone. The trip was worth it. Can't wait till circumstances allow us to do it again.

Thanks for a great time and God bless you all.

May your trails be happy and hopefully our trails will cross again.

..........Widder

Little late here, but a super day at the misfits. I think the Marlin force got in ta my 73 as it wasn't happy today and so I used da Marlin to finish 5 stages. I think it is something how the force bounces around. Hard to control on my end. Well, stay tuned for saturday's adventure. Good shootin'!

Wisht I hed been thar tuu take part!! Widder yu ought to make it down fer a visit this winter,,,heck, sine up fer the FL state match, we'll have a good time!!!!!!!

Cheyenne

Widder; I know I'll leave a few Jedi's out, but Cheyenne, Preacherman and I were there to recognize Cypress Sam, Chance Ramsey, Wyatt and Sterling Gentry as Jedi's over the past few years and I'm glad you got to meet a few of them.....and now you know why I enjoy shooting with the Florida pards and pardettes.....they are simply "cowboys" and "cowgirls" that make you feel welcome and are some pretty good shooters as well as recently shown with Sante Fe River Stan and Dang It Dan who just both won world championships.

As Cheyenne said...you ought to try to make it down for the state shoot in January 13 now that you have a taste of what it's like in the sunshine state. Enjoy shooting at Goldcoast next Sat as you will get to see Jeremiah Longknife, Buffalo Brady, Velvet and you will get to meet Sterling Gentry.

KK

Widder, glad you were able to get down to Florida and cool off a little. I don't know what it was like in Knoxville today but here in the 'Boro it was 109 at 4:30 this afternoon. Glad you had a good match.

Randy

KK ---- I made the trip to shoot with all the Jedi today, meet Widder, and, cause it was the 4th week, shot frontiersman with some 'special' patriotic shotshells. I guess that is why several times I looked around and he was watching the unloading table...... may have polluted the air in the shooting area proximity! Great time, lotsa cold water, and fun stages with all them Jedi. :)

Archived