SASS Wire Forum

Rattlesnake Wrangler on American Guns

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So....the question is did you get to keep the rifle????

Inquiring minds want to know!

Just finshed watching it. Great job guys! We know alot of it is hype for the show but CAS got a lot of great exposure.

Scout

+1

Got to show folks that Cowboy shooters are more than just a bunch of old farts dressed up funny.

That there is some REALLY shooting going on at these things.

With great shooters.

Was nice to see someone show cowboy shooters that way.

Great Job.

+1

Got to show folks that Cowboy shooters are more than just a bunch of old farts dressed up funny.

That there is some REALLY shooting going on at these things.

With great shooters.

Was nice to see someone show cowboy shooters that way.

Great Job.

Well that describes you and me anyway :D

Just got done watching the show, good job Snake. There were some things I kinda expected to see though...are they gonna show those as a side story on another episode?

I do wish that they'd found an extra 10 or 11 seconds to show the Snake shooting a full stage, that would have been even better.

Grizz

Excellent show. Congratulations to both of you. Even a machine gun can't keep you down. Great shooting. See you at EOT!!!!!!!!!

We had a living full of people watching. Everyone was amazed. Great job Dillon and Dad.

The Ghosts

Lady Ghost

Kid Ghost

Deputy Ghost

Ghost Angel

Baby Ghost

Great Job Rattlesnake! You did well. Good acting and shooting.

But, no more gunfighter for you. I have enough of an inferiority complex developing from you as it is.

Doc

Well that describes you and me anyway :D

Grizz

Ya. And I like that part also. But seems most shows that is ALL they want to show. Never showing

some of our great shooters we have.

Was nice to see some of that this time.

If I can edit out the bullshipping I will have a few minutes of hi-res, high speed, Cowboy Action Shooting by one of the best in the game.

Yaaaaaahoooooo!

Way ta go boys.

Olen

Great Job Rattlesnake! You did well. Good acting and shooting.

But, no more gunfighter for you. I have enough of an inferiority complex developing from you as it is.

Doc

The gunfighter part was a suprise to me, I've never seen him shoot his pistols that way. Looked pretty good to me.

The gunfighter part was a suprise to me, I've never seen him shoot his pistols that way. Looked pretty good to me.

He did. That's the scary part. He may figure out how much fun it is.

Great watching you on the show RW.

If anyone else wants to shoot that is our range at the Colorado Cowboys. Our annual is Badger Mountain Range War August 3, 4 & 5. We have plenty of space.

Colt you guys are always welcome to our shoots! Would be great to have you at our annual.

Painted Filly

Outstanding publicity for Cowboy Action Shooting. Great representation for our sport.

You do wonder about a gunsmithing shop that uses a CNC machine to manufacture a one of a kind action/receiver for a 73 then uses a hack saw to cut off the stock (including wrong-the first time-it almost looked on purpose). After seeing those light 38 rounds blow up targets, maybe all of us light load shooters need to find some of those bullets. <_<

Wow where to start well first off thank you everyone for watching and for all of the nice things you've said!!! As far as the rifle goes, they said we will get to keep it. We will see about that I guess. I really think they will give it to Dylan. It's not up to Rich on that. You know they feel they have to build in bent levers and miscut stocks to add a little drama to the show. There is not much reality in reality TV. I got the money to pay for the rifle from Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy so 18k worked for me Lmao!!! Really it's TV. The shoot off was real though. Dylan wasn't really even on that morning we shot the shoot off scene. He even forgot to take off his jacket and still beat him. The gunsmith Jon comes off as a bit of a butthead in some of the scenes about Dylan and that's all acting. He's a great guy and I talk to him all of the time. He's a big jokester and him and I were cracking jokes the entire time. It was really fun!!! Both me and Dylan really like him. I will say this though, he was trying to beat Dylan and he almost did it but Dylan edged him out. Of course if you considered the rounds they shot then Dylan blew him away. Jon fired 30 rounds and Dylan only 9 and came out victorious.

Did you notice the scene of Dylan on the horse? I mentioned in another thread that Dylan literally put blood, sweat and tears into this show and the horse had something to do with that. Dylan had no experience riding horses and the horse he was riding is young and a bit high strung. They shot the scene that was in the show tonight and they decided to get another take. Dylan turned the horse around and it bucked. Dylan came almost all the way off then pulled himself back up on the horse. The horse put it's head down and took off in a dead run. Dylan lost the reigns and hung on for about 400 yards before he fell off hitting face first with the horse still in a dead run. Rich Wyatt was on another horse and took off after him but couldn't catch him. Rich arrived at Dylan first and he was out cold and hurt bad. Rich took full control of the situation and held him until I arrived. Rich stayed with him the entire time making him as comfortable as possible until the ambulance arrived. Of course I was there too. The ambulance was taking a while to get there and Rich asked me If I wanted him to drive us to the hospital. We were about to leave and the ambulance arrived. Dylan ended up with multiple abrasions on his face and body as he landed in the rocks. He also got a few stitches. After we finally got back to our hotel later that evening Rich came by and hung out with us for a long time. Anyway there was more to it but that's all I want to type tonight.

We had a fantastic viewing party at our house this evening and after the show Rich called and I put him on speaker and he graciously told everyone how much he enjoyed working with us and how much he appreciated everyone watching. This has been quite an experience for us and it's all kind of surreal at this point.

Here's the thing, we did the show to bring positive exposure to our sport and our guns and so far I am happy we did and short of Dylan's accident we had a blast doing it!!! We learned a lot too! We do feel fortunate to have been able to do a show that has a viewership of over 10 million. That's great exposure for our sport.

We may be doing more on the show because Rich told me that he wants to build a 1911 for Dylan!!! We hav some other opportunities in the works as well. We want to bring our beloved sport to the masses!!!

Thanks for all your support everyone!!!

Colt

Hey Colt & Rattlesnake,

We here downunder don't get that show or any other show of that nature.

I'd presume you'd have that on DVD somewhere and was wondering if you could send it over to me and Kathouse.( I'll send you an address in a PM if you can do it)

We didn't see much of you guys at the TX SC and we miss you guys too.

We both had a great 7 week trip and probably won't be back until this time next year for EOT and a few others.

All the best for EOT.

Kind Regards

Jack & Kat.

Wow where to start well first off thank you everyone for watching and for all of the nice things you've said!!! As far as the rifle goes, they said we will get to keep it. We will see about that I guess. I really think they will give it to Dylan. It's not up to Rich on that. You know they feel they have to build in bent levers and miscut stocks to add a little drama to the show. There is not much reality in reality TV. I got the money to pay for the rifle from Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy so 18k worked for me Lmao!!! Really it's TV. The shoot off was real though. Dylan wasn't really even on that morning we shot the shoot off scene. He even forgot to take off his jacket and still beat him. The gunsmith Jon comes off as a bit of a butthead in some of the scenes about Dylan and that's all acting. He's a great guy and I talk to him all of the time. He's a big jokester and him and I were cracking jokes the entire time. It was really fun!!! Both me and Dylan really like him. I will say this though, he was trying to beat Dylan and he almost did it but Dylan edged him out. Of course if you considered the rounds they shot then Dylan blew him away. Jon fired 30 rounds and Dylan only 9 and came out victorious.

Did you notice the scene of Dylan on the horse? I mentioned in another thread that Dylan literally put blood, sweat and tears into this show and the horse had something to do with that. Dylan had no experience riding horses and the horse he was riding is young and a bit high strung. They shot the scene that was in the show tonight and they decided to get another take. Dylan turned the horse around and it bucked. Dylan came almost all the way off then pulled himself back up on the horse. The horse put it's head down and took off in a dead run. Dylan lost the reigns and hung on for about 400 yards before he fell off hitting face first with the horse still in a dead run. Rich Wyatt was on another horse and took off after him but couldn't catch him. Rich arrived at Dylan first and he was out cold and hurt bad. Rich took full control of the situation and held him until I arrived. Rich stayed with him the entire time making him as comfortable as possible until the ambulance arrived. Of course I was there too. The ambulance was taking a while to get there and Rich asked me If I wanted him to drive us to the hospital. We were about to leave and the ambulance arrived. Dylan ended up with multiple abrasions on his face and body as he landed in the rocks. He also got a few stitches. After we finally got back to our hotel later that evening Rich came by and hung out with us for a long time. Anyway there was more to it but that's all I want to type tonight.

We had a fantastic viewing party at our house this evening and after the show Rich called and I put him on speaker and he graciously told everyone how much he enjoyed working with us and how much he appreciated everyone watching. This has been quite an experience for us and it's all kind of surreal at this point.

Here's the thing, we did the show to bring positive exposure to our sport and our guns and so far I am happy we did and short of Dylan's accident we had a blast doing it!!! We learned a lot too! We do feel fortunate to have been able to do a show that has a viewership of over 10 million. That's great exposure for our sport.

We may be doing more on the show because Rich told me that he wants to build a 1911 for Dylan!!! We hav some other opportunities in the works as well. We want to bring our beloved sport to the masses!!!

Thanks for all your support everyone!!!

Colt

Nicely done

He did look a little out of sorts riding the horse.

I was hoping you really didnt pay 18K for a rifle, big relief to know you didnt.

Hope to see you guys at the US Open again this year.

Anyone with "Snake" in their name has to be a good guy!!

Do you know where they got the short stroke parts from?

My guess is cowboys and indians.

Enjoyed watching Rattlesnake shoot and good exposure for CAS. I guess at 18K our gunsmiths don't have to worry much about lost business to them. Do they sell any of the guns they build? Did the guy get the zebra gun? I would guess they used the same CNC program they used to build the 1866 last year, I think it was even more the the 1873 if I recall it was over 20 grand.

Watched the show after my monthly club meeting. Enjoyed it, thought it was one of the better episodes of that show.

I did have to explain to my wife that while I do shoot like that, I dont actually shoot 'like' that if you know what I mean.

As a parent myself that shoots with his kids, I know the sense of pride you must feel when you see him doing something he has grown to love that you two can share.. it is an amazing feeling and I am happy you both have this to share.

Nice job to both of you!

-Lefty Stone

Howdy Colt & Rattlesnake,

Great job, I enjoyed watching you guy's on the show. I think you both make great ambassadors for our sport. Keep up the good work.

Thanks SID

Hi Colt and Rattlesnake,

I enjoyed the show and thought you gentlemen did a wonderful job. I'm so glad Rattlesnake beat the machine gun. That really made the show.

After seeing him shoot GF style, I bet after he gets enough wins (and I'm sure he will win EOT someday) shooting two handed, he'll do just as well with GF...

Bravo!

Allie Mo

He did. That's the scary part. He may figure out how much fun it is.

I noticed that and thought that would make a few of the gunfighters pee down their leg.

I would have liked to see more than one stage being shot with a bit of a description of the game.

Still better than anything else I've seen there.

I enjoyed the show. Just have to remove the hollywierd parts (lol). Colt and RW did a great job as supporters of our game. Really liked how many times that CAS was mentioned.

RW even did a great job shooting gunfighter. Now if he ever decides to shoot duelist, I'll break his thumbs! (just kidding).

Ill break his cell phone and send Paige a certain photo of the young reptile (he knows the one)

Great showing Colt and RW! Enjoyed the show and I know there was a ton of great exposure for CAS. Fortunately, some of the "gayness" that script writers toss into the show is rather transparent for those of us that now a little something about firearms.....the bent lever thing and the stock cut were funny.....as was the goofy M&P bit. All in all, had a great time watching! Kudo's to both of you, ya done real good for CAS!

P.S.

So no mounted shooting for RW I suppose?? ;) Great story Colt and I'm glad there was no serious injury to RW.

Archived