SASS Wire Forum

Job update

Subdeacon Joe

It's going well. Been slowly learning how to set the machines up for various jobs and how to change tools in the holder and then "touch off" the tool so the machine knows exactly how long it is and exactly were from the reference point it is supposed to go.

Run LOTS of sear blocks for M&P 40s, tomorrow might start on M&P 45 sear blocks. Also some reaming an tapping on some rear sights. There is an outfit in Petaluma that does the injection molded metal for a fair number of gun makers, it seems. And the shop I'm at does a lot of the mid-process machine work of reaming out pin holes to spec, milling out some of the sprues and such in the parts.

After reading your post Joe I got to thinking about that Johnny Cash song where he works at a Cadillac plant and he collects several parts, from several different models, over several years and ends up with something truly unique.

Wonder what you could come up with in a firearm....hmmmmm....... :blink:

EC

After reading your post Joe I got to thinking about that Johnny Cash song where he works at a Cadillac plant and he collects several parts, from several different models, over several years and ends up with something truly unique. One Piece at a Time

Wonder what you could come up with in a firearm....hmmmmm....... :blink:

EC

Yep Shoer.......One Piece at a Time.

The name came to me about .00003 micro-seconds after hitting the "enter" button.

EC

Archived