SASS Wire Forum

How about if we hear from other Nations

Rance - SASS # 54090

Seems about the only cowboy shooters I see here on the ol' wire is Wallaby Jack from Australia..

How about cowpokes and cowgirls from out of the USA letting us know..

Where are ya from? Country and town...

How did ya get your alias?

What do you do for a living?

How many are in your club?

How often do ya have a match?

anything else of interest..

Rance <_<

Just wonderin.. :blush:

Howdy;

From Granum, Alberta Canada

My trading area is 10,000 people and 1.700,000 Cows ...

My ailias Comes from the Bible ,,, The Prayer of Jabez ,,, an ordinary man that was right with GOD that in prayer had the gumption to ask that GOD would increase his territory....

Gunsmithing and Ballstic testing

On the excetive of "Alberta Frontier Shootists" Province wide group,,,,,, Member of the Rockymountain Rangers #4 troop,,,

Member # 66 of SAWS....

Very few real matches in the winter ,,,, but matches most every week-end in the summer and early fall...

I have made it to every SASS Canadian Regional held in Canada thouse far ,,, and i'm booked for this years as well...

Best placing at a regional was 4th place Duelist in 2008 ...

I shoot .45s mostly ,,,, 250 gr. bullets moving out at 916 fps. out of my slowest pistol ....

My family and I are doing a Water Project In Uganda East Africa, to supply safe drinking water for a village in northern Uganda using a Bio-sand filter system that we will be building on site this summer ....

Jabez Cowboy

Howdy...I get on here a bit but I usually visit every day to see what's going on.

Been into 'Cowboy shooting for 5 years & 'love it.

The alias is my description 'colourful tatts & the Mohawk to go with it.

.45's are my choice of caliber..cos I like'em !

Came over to the U.S.A in '011 for 4 shoots [EOT..HOW Cheyenne Wyoming, POP Lenexa Kansas, Revenge

of Montezuma Cortez Colorado...had a terrific time. 27 Aussies went to EOT.

Could be a few years but I'll be back.

We have a lot of quick shooters in Aus so all shoots are hotly contested.

I call myself a gamer in continual training!!

Figured there are enough that dress as cowboys...so it was an easy choice to go as a 'Commanchero [ 1/2 Indian ]

Reckon I was born 100 years late, not much fussed on all the crap that life throws at 'ya in 21st century.

Regards 'Painted Mohawk...who lives in a log cabin on 135 acres

Seems about the only cowboy shooters I see here on the ol' wire is Wallaby Jack from Australia..

How about cowpokes and cowgirls from out of the USA letting us know..

Where are ya from? Country and town...

How did ya get your alias?

What do you do for a living?

How many are in your club?

How often do ya have a match?

anything else of interest..

Rance <_<

Just wonderin.. :blush:

......... someone call ?

;)

Good Day

I'm from Barrie Ontario originally from Stoney Creek, ON.

My alias Ordnancebob I got from the musician Nash the Slash.

Alias fits my profession as a Weapon Technician in the Army.26 years and counting !

Usually shoot twice a month at the Bar"E" in Barrie. However I do travel to some

of the other match's in Southern Ontario

Sua tela Tonanti

Ordnancebob

I'm not on here as much as I used to be... but I AM a very active shooter (both CAS and IPSC...and WB when in the USA!!) Been shooting CAS since 1994......

I was born and raised in Sydney but I settled in Canberra (the capital) when I retired from the Navy... keep myself busy driving for the local bus network!

My alias is the name of a New South Wales Colonial Policeman who was shot and killed in 1865 by John Dunn the bushranger (outlaw) belonging to Ben Halls gang. This happened in the town of Collector NSW which is 40 minutes drive from Canberra (which didn't exist at the time) So the name is local.. and historical. There is a memorial (granite obelisk) to Samuel Nelson outside the pub in Collector (which is called the "Bushranger Hotel" - harumph! If there was any justice it'd be called the "Samuel Nelson"..) He was clearly well respected.. as the memorial was "raised by public subscription".

Dunn was hanged in 1866 for that (and other) crimes.. the jury took all of 10 minutes to return a guilty verdict.

Outr local club has about 25 members..and has 2 scheduled shoots per month I try to get to as many shoots as I can... I shot the LA State and IA State matches in the last few weeks... then shot the NSW State titles as soon as I got home... and I'm flying out to EOT tomorrow!

What a great year I'm having.... :D

Hi I'm from Boston, England, not the one you named after it in Massachusetts !

Started cowboy shooting in the UK in 1995 as Luke Short but didn't join SASS until 2004 and the alias was gone so English Luke seemed the logical step.

I work as Parts Manager for a John Deere dealer.

I shoot competitions monthly travelling most of the UK and I will be at Bordertown for the sixth time in October, keep meaning to shoot some other state championships, Winter Range or EOT but the folks at Bordertown are that friendly and the targets so BIG and CLOSE that I just keep going back.

Hi, I'm Curly Red Ryder from France.

I live a small village called Epinac close to Beaune in Burgundy province.

I choose my alias from one of the first western certoons I read when I was a kid, but as it was already used I just added "Curly" character played by Jack Palance in "City Slickers" movie.

I'm now retired and worked in the French Railroad for 30 years.

Our Club the Old West Frech Shooters is approximately 80 members and we shoot at least once a month in different locations. I use to train in my local shooting range once a week, but CAS is not well appreciated in this range as "non olympic discipline".

My other hobbies are Horse riding and we have two mares at home, bayonet and weapon collectiong and having fun with my Granchildren.

When younger I used to dive for archeology as a hobby but stopped for health problems.

Good Day

I'm from Barrie Ontario originally from Stoney Creek, ON.

My alias Ordnancebob I got from the musician Nash the Slash.

Alias fits my profession as a Weapon Technician in the Army.26 years and counting !

Usually shoot twice a month at the Bar"E" in Barrie. However I do travel to some

of the other match's in Southern Ontario

Sua tela Tonanti

Ordnancebob

Do you shoot with Canadian Marshal? He shot with us a few years back during a visit to Hope I Hitum's folks

Archived