SASS Wire Forum

Got a job!

Subdeacon Joe

Start training on days Monday, then after a week move to swing shift. A little job shop machine shop. I'll be feeding gun parts into the machine, then checking with go/no go gauges, deburing and doing it all again. But, it's a job! Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Start training on days Monday, then after a week move to swing shift. A little job shop machine shop. I'll be feeding gun parts into the machine, then checking with go/no go gauges, deburing and doing it all again. But, it's a job! Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Good for you . . . . ...... :)

First of all, "YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaawwwwwwwww"!!!

Second of all, what kinds of guns?

First of all, "YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaawwwwwwwww"!!!

Second of all, what kinds of guns?

Several different types. Triggers for something Ruger makes, part of the action for S&W .40 semi-auto, don't remember the model. A few others. All for semi-auto.

Thank you Lord!

BSD

A big Amen! to that, BSD.

Is that around Sonoma County Joe ? if it is who and where ?

Is that around Sonoma County Joe ? if it is who and where ?

In RP not far from the CHP station. Little shop called "Design It." They have two operations there, one with real machinists turning out one-off and short run stuff, then a swing and graveyard shift with people like me or young people fresh out of school, running the pre-programed parts for 10 bucks an hour. I guess they help cover their overhead with that part of the operation. After all, they are paying rent for the place round the clock, not just when the main part is running, ditto for having to pay off the machines.

Way to go Joe!!

And congrats to your new employer for seeing you as a new asset!

Way to go Joe!!

And congrats to your new employer for seeing you as a new asset!

There, fixed it for you! :lol:

I got this through a recommendation from my former boss, who just happens to be married to my ex (everyone is on good terms, wasn't a nasty divorce). When I went in the first time the guy said "You actually admit to knowing him?" Right then I kinda suspected that I would fit in.

I didn't mean to rain on your post. Congratulations and best wishes to you new job.

Texas Phil

Dry as a bone, Phil, not a drop of rain. I know how it feels to see someone get something you have been trying for and how hard it can be to be happy for them. I didn't take nothing amiss. Hang in there, Phil, the right thing will come your way.

I was looking for three years, then had to move and it just kind of popped up. God gives us what we need when we need it, we just have to be willing to do our part and not give up.

Congrats Joe. Doing whatever it takes to put Groceries on the table and some jingle in your pockets.

Jake

Exactly. The owner and scheduler who interviewed me told me of people who just didn't show up for interviews, didn't show up for the first day of work, stopped showing up after a day or two. And not even the courtesy of a call to say they quit. I just kind of hung and shook my head at that and was told "Yep, that's what we said too." In this economy ANY job is better than none. And once you have a job it is a lot easier to get another.

Sounds like a cool job. Good luck to ya. Working in the gun industry is awesome, maybe I'll get a gun someday that ya'll made some parts for!

Rye

Archived