SASS Wire Forum

Friday PIZZA PARTY!

Grizzly Dave

Just where in yur state is Colorado Springs ?

I remember driving by a bomber plane sitting in the trees, but that's it.

My stepson and his wife live there.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why, but when I read Apache's posts, I hear the voice of Dale from King of the Hill :lol:

Are you close to any of those wild fires ?

Grizz and I are both quite a ways away from it, like he said it's up west of Fort Collins, which is between an hour and 1 1/2 hour drive north of Denver. But it has gotten Miss Tabitha and Mad Mt. Mike's home and there are other cowboys who live in that area that I haven't gotten any word on yet....

The Springs are about an hour drive south of Denver. As for the bomber plane in the trees, you must have driven by the Air Force Academy, they have several planes on display. It's quite the interesting place to visit.

Yup, dat's da place, allright. Hauled many a load of taters down rot whar Whiskey Business was borned !

I'll say yet another prayer fer dem folks. Hope I do not ware out da Spirits nerves.

We just had a big shaker! 8:35 pm or so!

Shake, rattle 'n roll then a big jolt-- no joke. All my china in the cabinet sounded like an orchestra :lol: no damage in my neighborhood, but not looking forward to seeing the news... :mellow:

Sorry miss cupcake, my fault. I have gas tonight.

:D

I'm glad you are OK and no damage. I'll put up with snow in the winter thanks very much, I don't reckon I'd like them earth quake things.

Not sure why, but when I read Apache's posts, I hear the voice of Dale from King of the Hill :lol:

I love that show. Now I'm gonna have to watch some episodes again just to see if I make the connection. :D I'd like to think that I'm a Hank type, but in reality I'm probably somewhat of a Bill.

the good news is it only lasts a few seconds...

but iffn' yew ain't heard---snow lasts for months!!! omg! I like my snow melted...bein' a swim teacher 'n all :)

We just had a big shaker! 8:35 pm or so!

Shake, rattle 'n roll then a big jolt-- no joke. All my china in the cabinet sounded like an orchestra :lol: no damage in my neighborhood, but not looking forward to seeing the news... :mellow:

Dat's why I won't buy real-estate in yur state, CC

Ifin it aint shaken', din it's burn in'.

Ifin' it's already burnt, din it's sliding' down da hill.

No Ma'am....Real-Estate just moves round too much !

Why, Dale shore nuff be my hero type person ! ! LOL

:lol:

I'm thirsty ---time for a cold one

I'm thirsty ---time for a cold one

Allow me CC...........

Bottles,..............A cold one of her choice fer da young lady here.

Put it on Badger's tab ! ! LOL

thankya kindly!

Bout durn time one of you gents bought Caliope a drink, I has beginning to think you had all passed out already :P

Want da join up us.........raise a little cain.

Oh wait...yur already sitting' here ! !

Guess da Bulliet's doin' what it should ! ! ! LOL

I can't get wild and crazy tonight, we're gonna be going to bed in a couple of minutes. Grizz might be playing hooky from Pawnee, but we're going. I just hope we'll get an update on our pards up in the fire area, I still haven't heard much on a few of them. Plus as long as the smoke isn't too bad at the range it should be a good day for a match

I can't get wild and crazy tonight, we're gonna be going to bed in a couple of minutes. Grizz might be playing hooky from Pawnee, but we're going. I just hope we'll get an update on our pards up in the fire area, I still haven't heard much on a few of them. Plus as long as the smoke isn't too bad at the range it should be a good day for a match

G'night Calico.

Good luck at da match tomorrow.

No match fer me here tomorrow. Weather folks calling fer rain and storms !

thankya kindly!

Yur more din welcome CC.

Now, we gotta talk bout dat Dale from King of da Hill thinger ! LOL

Good God Almighty..................

It's as quite as a tomb in here.

Bottles, drop a nickel in da juke box. Just don't play B-7 !

Free round fer dat house, on Grizzes tab and when he's in' is full up, we can start on Deja's.

I'll buy fer da next tree ladies, female wimmin' type folks dat walks thro dim swinging' batwing doors !

But be warned .....NO IMPOSTERS !

Ya don't want to know what I'll do to POSTERS ! ! LOL

Wow, sure is quiet.

I've been working all day, kinda going slow not feeling like rushing, but I did get a lot done.

So we knocked off for dinner, went and got some pizza and came back and ate it, then chatted a bit about the plan for tomorrow and the next several weeks to get this place done with.

I was ready to watch some more TV on the computer, but Miz Grizz was fired up to get things done so we worked some more.

The good news is that we've made a sizable dent in the list of things I wanted to get done this weekend. Still lots left, but it will all get done eventually.

And now, after taking my tab off the top, bottles, one more bottle of bullet for Hawk on my tab, then no more on my tab tonight please.

What was I saying now? Oh yeah, I'm heading for the bunkhouse.

Have a great weekend all.

I am stealthy. Give the folks another round on me.

Tanks Badger !

Lawdy, shore be dead in dis place today !

Somebody up and died ? ?

It ain't friday no mo. Double payday. Everybody is gone........

I went to get some gas and the lines were fulll. Stopped at the Safeway to get some Pastrami and rye bread and I got the last parking space in the lot. Everybody was filling coolers and looked to be headed for the hinterland. I guess the rain got to a lot of folks and they headed to the dry side of the hill. Eastern Washington is dry and arid. Well, most of the time. We got warm muggy damp weather today and it looks to be cloudy for the rest of the week.

Not that I know of, but Buick and I just got home from the Pawnee shoot a few minutes ago. Chalk up clean match #8 for me :D:D:D Had a pretty good posse today, and my times were actually halfway decent. Of course, I still didn't beat Sonora Blaze...but had a good time, and nothing broke!

Not that I know of, but Buick and I just got home from the Pawnee shoot a few minutes ago. Chalk up clean match #8 for me :D:D:D Had a pretty good posse today, and my times were actually halfway decent. Of course, I still didn't beat Sonora Blaze...but had a good time, and nothing broke!

That is always a big plus, Mary. I had a real train wreck at the OOWSS match a couple of years back. Every thing went south on the first stage and downhill from that. If it hadn't been for the great folks on the posse, it would have been a dismal failure. But as vexing as a broke gun is on the line, how can you not have fun anyway.

Boy, I know all about them train wrecks due to broken guns, both me and the hubby have had it happen. Our gunsmith is a guy named Badger, for a while the house next to him and his wife Jinglebob Gerri was for sale, and we were joking about how we should buy it, so we could save time and gas by not having to run halfway across town all the time. I swear, I think both Buick's truck and my car could both drive themselves to Badger's, they've been there so many times they should know the way by now :lol:

If his name is Badger, he can't be half bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took my Marlin over to Silent Sam in E. Wenatchee and he practically rebuilt it. It is the smoothest gun I own now. Would like to get back over there to shoot with them again some time.

He's actually a very wonderful guy, doesn't hardly charge us anywhere near what some guys would for the same work. And Gerri is one of the sweetest ladies I know, as well as a darn good Classic Cowgirl. Both of them are definitely good friends. :) I feel really bad for them right now, they lost their cabin in the big fire up west of Fort Collins. Not as bad as the people who lost their primary residences, but it still is a lose.

Thanks BMC, that's sweet. I still haven't heard anything definite on several of the cowboys in that area. Marshal Jack Murphy was at the shoot today, but didn't get to talk to him, so I don't know if he's found out for sure if his house is gone. I think that Crazy Bit and Line Rider live in the same neighborhood as the Marshal, and I don't think they were there, which is unusual. And there's a few others I'm not sure about, so the more prayers all of these people can get the better!!

As we were leaving the match, we could see where the fire is off in the distance, part of one mountain was covered by a big bunch of smoke. The whole area off to the west is all hazy and smoky, too bad the storm cloud that went through was too far south to dump any rain on it :angry: They need the rain, they just don't need any more lightning!!

Archived