SASS Wire Forum

Friday PIZZA PARTY!

Grizzly Dave

Don't I know it. Home today waiting for the swamp cooler guy. Don't envy him getting on the roof in this heat. Been working all morning cleaning upstairs, it needed done bad. Just sent daughter Grizz off to fetch me some lunch.

Hopefully it will be here before the swamp cooler guy.

Tomorrow at the air conditioned office is gonna seem like a vacation.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calico, at my office, air conditioning means that there are icicles hanging off my nose. Both the heating and cooling have never worked well for our offices there. I have a little electric heater in my office that I run when it's too cold, seems silly running a heater in the middle of summer, but when the air conditioning makes you feel like yer in a meat locker, ya do what you have to do.

Swamp cooler is fixed and running and didn't cost too much to repair. And, I didn't have to get on the roof.

Naturally it's supposed to be back up around 100 for the weekend, when I'll be back in Co Spgs with no air, no swamp cooler, and working my butt off. Oh well, sweating is sposed to be good for ya, right?

Now I just gotta figure out what to do for dinner tonight...

If sweating is good for you why ain't I healthier than I am? At least we don't have a shoot this weekend, it's going to be hot enough cleaning the garage :blink: And we're having burritos for dinner, want me to save you some?

If sweating is good for you why ain't I healthier than I am? At least we don't have a shoot this weekend, it's going to be hot enough cleaning the garage :blink: And we're having burritos for dinner, want me to save you some?

Yup Calico........Dat wood be rat nice of ya !

hummmmmmm........................Ya was talkin to me, rat ?

Grizz, I have to work outside in the elements all the time. From below zero snowing, sleeting weather to the well above 100 degrees wif wind blown' all dat dust around !

Forklifts have to stop because of "Brown Outs ."

Garage is one of the things I'll be doing this weekend too down south. Have a couple of rooms to finish up in the house that I was waiting for others to take care of some things, dunno if they be done or not, but I'm gonna finish them up anyway. Then on to the garage. And since I packed it full with stuff from the house, we'll see how good a job I did leaving access to the parts that need work.

Uh.........Ya may..........Just may mind ya................hummm..................slip in ..............a.....................sideways ?

Can't help it Grizz ! I just had to do dat !

Hawk, I think I'll be OK.

And to explain why, let me tell you a little story...

I had a Great Aunt, my grandmother's sister who lived in Kansas. She stood less that 5 feet tall, and always drove a Cadillac. She never married and was a traveling social worker for the state which took her all over the place. In her time away from her home in Topeka for the job, she loved to shop to buy things for all of those in her life including me. She could find a sale from three counties away. That woman could pack the contents of a U-haul truck into the trunk of her Caddy, and still have room for a case or two of booze, keep in mind much of KS was still dry back then. Not only was the trunk packed full, she knew exactly what was in there, and where it was. Her house and several storage units were the same way. I inherited the gene that gave her the uncanny packing ability. In her later years we moved her out here to Colorado, and it was a monumental task cleaning out the house and storage units. Thankfully I wasn't involved in that task. After she got here I finished out my sisters basement into an apartment for my great aunt. It wasn't far from work so I'd often have lunch with her. She loved catfish so I'd go night cat fishing and take her catfish. She knew her time was fading, at least for mental acuity so she asked me once what she could give me while she was still alive to remember her by. I thought and said just stay around longer. She pushed and I thought of something, but told her no, it's too much. She pushed and made me tell her what I was thinking of. A left handed hunting rifle and a good scope. She had me take her to a gunshop the next day to pick one out. Had to order one special that came out of the Remington custom shop. Many of my guns may become trade bait or be sold the fund other projects, that is one that will never leave my possession even though I no longer hunt.

So yes Apache Hawk, I'll be able to navigate the garage, I know just how things are wedged in and which and what to move to get me to where I need to go. It was funny last weekend, my nephews were up helping carry book cases and stuff. One mentioned that he needed an iron, so I moved two boxes, dig into a box in the stack behind them that I'd place there months ago and pulled out an iron. Now if I could just remember where I put my dang car keys! :D

Well, ok Grizz................I won't worry bout ya...............too much !

I'll have da rescue square standing' by...................just in case ! LOL

Make sure they have the jaws of life with them :D

I packed aisles of boxes with enough room to walk between them, then stuffed the book cases in the aisles. That way if I need or want something in there, the book cases will slide out of the way fairly easily.

Now dat was a rat smart thing ro do, compared !

When I pack da car fer a shoot, da wife just shakes her head as to how I got all da stuff in da back !

I need a drink...........been pick'emup shopping'.

Found a good one, not new but farly new, rode good, low miles, engine and everything' looked good.

But da wife said da noise hurt her ears !

Can you believe it...........dat quite cab hurt her ears !

Bottles, leave dat bottle here.....Grizz come join me........I hate to drink alone !

Archived