SASS Wire Forum

A General Rant!

Rancho Roy

You should have started with a Major Rant, and worked up to a General Rant. :huh:

As I recall General Rant was in charge of the 3rd brigade when I was with the Cav.

I believe he was a doofus. But I might be misremembering. :unsure::rolleyes:

As I recall General Rant was in charge of the 3rd brigade when I was with the Cav.

I believe he was a doofus. But I might be misremembering. :unsure::rolleyes:

Typical stereotypical insubordinate remark :lol: ...:P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

:

I think you mean tertiary

Regards,

Allie Mo

Or terdary road... Ya know, where the road turns to crap. :lol: Pot holes, wash board, dusty, with hub caps laying off in the pucker brush beside the road. LOL.

Anyway, ya got my drift & thanks for another word for the same meaning. Yours is more PC.

Or terdary road... Ya know, where the road turns to crap. :lol: Pot holes, wash board, dusty, with hub caps laying off in the pucker brush beside the road. LOL.

Anyway, ya got my drift & thanks for another word for the same meaning. Yours is more PC.

Oy! :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

But wait!....It gets better!

So I can't find the Elksa club and I end up in a residential neighborhood on a dead end cul-de-sac. And there are two other vehicles there ahead of me. Everyone punching numbers in frantically into our GPS. Other folks feverishly looking through all the match paperwork looking for another address. I google the Elks cluib on my Smart phone and call them.

The manager of the club says the Elks Club is across the street from a well known restaurant. We find this restaurant and NOTHING is across the street that the restaurant is on........but across a major highway is a road. So we head down this road and it winds its way through an industrial park. After about a mile, as we are just ready to turn around and head back to the hotel, we see the Elks Club............AMAZING!

BUT.......All this said, and POURING rain on Saturday, it was still one of the best weekends I've had in a long time! These folks put on one hell of a great shoot! The stages were fantastic. The Buffalo Shoot on Friday was great!

And once we found the Elks Club, the food was wonderful................

"General Rant" signing out....(How does one change their alias?... :-)

You should have started with a Major Rant, and worked up to a General Rant. :huh:

Or ifn it had been a Colonel Rant, it would have been a complaint about popcorn. Get it.....(kernel)

:lol::lol:

..........Widder

I would have to be Major Rant. My wife would be General Rant. After all I have no doubts who has to stay happy in this house.

My biggest issue so far is my white cat wanting to sleep in my black hat. :(

Wow - just wow!

I'm sure glad I have a life, ordinary as it may be. Wow!

My first thought is wouldn't one have to start off as a "Private Rant"? (That is unless they went to rant officer's school) and work their way up through the ranks..Uhh, rants..er whatever..And if they're a Private Rant, they would have to keep their rants to themselves!?..Inquiring minds want to know.. :rolleyes:

One of the coolest and most effective strategies for helping folks find a shoot was simple. They cut out several SASS Cowboy silhouettes, may 2 ft tall, out of plywood, and painted em white. Then they had an arrow, red or orange, that was fastened to the SASS cowboy, indicating the direction. These were placed along the roadway (staked to the ground with rebar passing through eye bolts attached to the wood) at necessary turns, starting from the main road. If ya didn't know what the SASS cowboy meant, the sign meant nothing. If ya did, ya got the message...... Even a first time shooter would likely figure it out....

Archived