SASS Wire Forum

Ruckus in the Nations - Oklahoma's State Shoot

Oklahomabound

...been with Ms. Mary Matilda's mom, had total knee replacement 9 days ago, and doin' honey do's around her house all mornin' and missed the w**k day at Buzzard Gulch this mornin'... ...and whut a mornin' it wuz!!! ...around 63 or so this mornin'... ...thought I wuz gonna freeze to death...

...wonderin' wut all got done???

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and Catoosa Red had this to say:

"...10 workers, stage 2 decking is done. Stage 5 trusses are all up, ready for tin. Good workday!"

...just can't say enough good things 'bout our great pards and pardettes, and their willingness to jump right in and get-r-done!!!

Catoosa Red had this to say today:

"Greetings all - what a great day of shooting at ITSASS! We had 51 shooters join us today. I guess you can tell Ruckus is coming up soon - everyone is trying to get in as much shooting as they can! We welcomed a new shooter - Sysco Sim and his wife Nancy today. He shot in the "Sod Buster" Category - that is for shooters who don't have all of their guns yet. We did keep score for him but it is not included with the scores.

Progress is being made on Stages 2 & 5 - thanks to our hard working club members!

Congrats to our Overall Match Winner - Creek County Kid - who was also clean! He was smokin' today!! Congrats also to clean match shooters - Montana Dan & Little Fat Buddy. Black River Jack was clean but had a dreaded "P"!

Ruckus News:

We are up to 128 shooters for Ruckus as of today. Its not too late to get your entry in - but don't wait too long!

We will hold the Pre-Shoot on 9/15 & 9/16 - please let me know if you will need to pre-shoot any or all stages

Work schedule is almost finalized and will go out in a week or so

We will be holding a "Cowboy Garage Sale" on Thurs 9/20 - so gather up your "good Cowboy stuff" you no longer need and bring it. Or bring your $$$ - you might find something you can't live without!

We will have club members running the sale so all you have to do is plainly mark your items with your alias and price

We still have room in the RO I and RO II courses - let me know if you want to sign up

Next Shoot will be next Saturday 8/18 - See you then!"

I reckon that it's time for Ms. Mary Matilda and I to send in our signmeupforms...

...gotta do that today...

...well, the signmeupforms are on the way to Catoosa Red! ...Catoosa Red just sent us a note, 8/16/2012, and we are shooters #137 & #138!!!

...just think, we have a shoot comin' up this Saturday, the 18th... ...gonna start early so that we can beat the heat...

...shooter's meeting at 0800 hours, and its going to be a beautiful day! Friday night its the temp is going down to 65 or so and the high for Saturday is 88!!!!!

Any Shooter's or Posse's list available yet ?

Alamo

:wacko:

Catoosa Red is w**kin' on that thar posse list and will be for a while yet seein' as to how them thar signmeupforms are still comin' in...

...if'n you want to know whut posse you be on, give Catoosa Red a shout...

Catoosa Red just sent out a note:

"work day scheduled for Sunday starts at 0700 hours. Red Knee and his crew worked today and put the tin up on stage 5. Things are progressing nicely!"

...what a great shoot it wuz today!!!! ...low last night was around 68 or so and the high temp for the shoot wuz around 74 or so... ...and the rain held off until the last stage...

...54 or so shooters today, 4 posses and 6 stages... yes indeed, mighty fine day...

Catoosa Red said this:

"It was a wonderful rainy Saturday at Buzard Gulch and not one person complained about the rain. We started the day clear and cool and finished the last two stages in a nice gentle and welcome rain shower. We want to thank the 54 shooters that joined us especially our newest shooter "Termite" and "Texas Gun". The overall match winner went to our own Creek County Kid. We only had two clean matches today and a big congratulations goes out to Ho Lee Chit and Pumkin Roller.

We are having a work party Sunday 8-19. We still need to do a little sprucing up for Ruckus. Start at 0700 as we can't enter before that time.

Ruckus is only a month away...get those entries in, we are filling up fast...our latest tally was 143 and counting."

...yes! ...the answer is yes! ...we are having our 4th Wednesday shoot on August 22, 2012 with the shooter's meeting at 0902 hours... ...that is 9:02 am for civilian shooters <_<

...and yes, we'll be shooting 6 stages.

Catoosa Red had this to say today:

"Greetings all - yes, another w**k day at ITSASS on Saturday. All of the major building projects are complete (for now!) Just clean up, tree trimming, weed eating and small projects left. Please bring tree trimmers, weed eaters, ladders, etc... We have shooters coming from Ark, Mo, Kansas, Ill, Texas & Arizona and some will be seeing our range for the first time. Lets make our range look the best it can be for Ruckus in the Nations!"

...going to be a great day for a w**k day in the morning!!!! ...on the cool side to start off with...

Do we have any kind of posse list yet?

...give Catoosa Red a holler if'n you want info regarding which posse and who else is on it...

...signmeupforms are still comin' in, up to 155 or so! The range is cleanin' up right nice and all... our folks 'ave been w**kin' hard gettin' ready for Ruckus in the Nations....

...we be at 63 or so now...

...the pot is just about right... ...be dealin' 'ere shortly...

...22 days until Ruckus in the Nations!

OKB,Sure wish i could make it out there this year to shoot with ya'll but not gonna happen to close to Ambush.Maybe next year,Got a friend of mine in Sand Springs. Going to try to kill two birds with one stone next year combine a little visiting and shooting in one trip.Looks like ya'll been real busy out there things looking great. LSC

OKB,Sure wish i could make it out there this year to shoot with ya'll but not gonna happen to close to Ambush.Maybe next year,Got a friend of mine in Sand Springs. Going to try to kill two birds with one stone next year combine a little visiting and shooting in one trip.Looks like ya'll been real busy out there things looking great. LSC

Hey LSC!!! ...would love to have you out 'ere with us... ...just pack up and come on.... but you don't have to way until next September, ...If you're out this way--visitn' in Sand Springs and all--our club is at the Tulsa Red Castle Gun Club on the John Zink Ranch, north of Sand Springs--right up Hwy 97... and we shoot the 2nd Sunday, following Saturday, 4th Wednesday, and 5th Sunday if there is one; every month... ...we have a great cowboy town and all stages have a roof to keep posses out the weather (sun or rain)....

...'ere is the a handy link: Tulsa Red Castle Gun Club

...and another link: ITSASS

OKB Been following the progress on the range yall been doing look'n good.Daniel and his wife works for a church group there in Sand Springs.They have been trying to get me to come out for a while.Been looking at ya'lls shooting schedule,his dad and i may make a run out before the 1st of the year.will holler at you when we head that way.BTW hope you get to make it to Ambush this year shore miss that brisket you fixed last year. LSC

OKB Been following the progress on the range yall been doing look'n good.Daniel and his wife works for a church group there in Sand Springs.They have been trying to get me to come out for a while.Been looking at ya'lls shooting schedule,his dad and i may make a run out before the 1st of the year.will holler at you when we head that way.BTW hope you get to make it to Ambush this year shore miss that brisket you fixed last year. LSC

...with many regrets, Ms. Mary Matilda and I will not be at Ambush this year... ...we've attended the last 6 in a row and will really miss shootin' with ya'll, hangin' out with all the pards, feedin' on Wednesday evening, and the beautiful area & range facilities... however, the turnaround from Ruckus is just too close and Ms. Mary Matilda's mom has several doctor appointments scheduled the last week of September.... :(

OKB I understand same problem on my end so much to do, not enough time.We'll make sure CC & BLB and BW tells enough lies for all of us though.Hopefully our paths will cross soon in Ok. LSC

...please stay after CC, BLB, and BW; they need some adult supervision for sure...

...and when you get out here later this year, be sure to drop me a line, I'll get you all the info on shootin' with us....

...be careful on the trail...

Catoosa Red had this to say:

"Greetings to all! Well, the 2012 Ruckus in the Nations is almost here so I thought I would send out some important information that you should know. Please don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail or Burly Bill (cell 918.830.2936) if you have any questions or concerns.

There are a lot of very hardworking ITSASS Cowboys and Cowgirls that are looking forward to welcoming you to our range and the 2012 Oklahoma SASS State Championship!

See you on the 20th!"

Info for Shooters

not able to open the shooters site

wonts a user name and pasword

... this 'ere be the last post on this 'ere thread...

...thar be 175 folks signed up fer Ruckus in the Nations...

...headed that way directly...

Archived