SASS Wire Forum

Ruckus in the Nations - Oklahoma's State Shoot

Oklahomabound

Well That Does It!! If The Alamo Is Coming To Ruckus I Had Better Get Ready To Travel To The Ruckus Also.Dogwood Annie And I Just Picked Up a Travel Trailer To Do The Cowboy Get Togethers and This Will Be a Great Way To Start!!! See Yall In September!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well That Does It!! If The Alamo Is Coming To Ruckus I Had Better Get Ready To Travel To The Ruckus Also.Dogwood Annie And I Just Picked Up a Travel Trailer To Do The Cowboy Get Togethers and This Will Be a Great Way To Start!!! See Yall In September!!

...well, I finally get to meet the famous Ozarks Monte and Dogwood Annie.... ...why I may even take my fall bath early just to get cleaned up for proper introductions an' all!!!!

...and yes, we are 'avin' another w**k day this comin' Saturday for more cleanin' up, fixin' up, and paintin'!!!!

...well, I finally get to meet the famous Ozarks Monte and Dogwood Annie.... ...why I may even take my fall bath early just to get cleaned up for proper introductions an' all!!!!

...and yes, we are 'avin' another w**k day this comin' Saturday for more cleanin' up, fixin' up, and paintin'!!!!

WHATTTTT??? Bath!! Good Golly Molly MaGee, Dont Go Gettin All Fancy on Us. Just Keep The Nation Police Off Us For a Couple Days And be Ready To Shoot. See Ya Then..

WHATTTTT??? Bath!! Good Golly Molly MaGee, Dont Go Gettin All Fancy on Us. Just Keep The Nation Police Off Us For a Couple Days And be Ready To Shoot. See Ya Then..

...well, I may not get to that thar bath thing, but as for keepin' the Nation Police off of ya'll, well, we got that handled, 'cause thar iz this 'ere "job" planned an'all, we gotta get some $$$ for the feedin' that we gotta do--an' Burly Bill and Stiff Finger Jim 'ave got it all planned out!!!--an' the Nation Police will be busy tryin' to figure out whut happened... ...don't ya see!

...'cause we gotta 'ave a good feed 'cause I ain't et good since the last Ruckus!!!

63 days

1534 hours

92091 minutes

5525495 seconds

....until Ruckus in the Nations!

I reckon that Ms. Mary Matilda and I need to get our signmeupforms in to Burly Bill and Catoosa Red... ...already got 65+ and most of these are not ITSASS members... ...got a bunch of outa state folks coming---the more the better...

...been gettin' the rv ready... ...bullets are mostly loaded...

...'ad another one of them thar w**k daz at Buzzard Gulch and yes we are shooting this comin' Wednesday, the 25th. Shooters meeting will be 0800 or 0815, have to see what Catoosa Red sends out to everyone...

...Stiff Finger and I will be there for sure... and probably Ms. Mary Matilda

Yep! Gotta our monthly Wednesday shoot in the morning!!!

Tawked wit Burly Bill this afternoon... ...he says we got 75 signmeupforms so far... ..now that's a nice start fer sure!!!

Burly Bill is still looking for a couple more folks to shoot Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter with him...

Ms. Mary Matilda is also lookin' for a couple more folks to shoot Senior Lady Frontier Cartridge with her...

I'm, Okb, lookin' fer a couple folks to shoot Senior Frontier Cartridge Duelist wit me...

...and we also need 3 or more to sign up to shoot Outlaw...

...adding some more categories is a good thing - and it only takes 3 or more to add a category..

...and we are recognizing every SASS category even if there is just one (1) shooter signed up...

Yep! Gotta our monthly Wednesday shoot in the morning!!!

Tawked wit Burly Bill this afternoon... ...he says we got 75 signmeupforms so far... ..now that's a nice start fer sure!!!

Burly Bill is still looking for a couple more folks to shoot Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter with him...

Ms. Mary Matilda is also lookin' for a couple more folks to shoot Senior Lady Frontier Cartridge with her...

I'm, Okb, lookin' fer a couple folks to shoot Senior Frontier Cartridge Duelist wit me...

...and we also need 3 or more to sign up to shoot Outlaw...

...adding some more categories is a good thing - and it only takes 3 or more to add a category..

...and we are recognizing every SASS category even if there is just one (1) shooter signed up...

Well if it will help I'll gladly switch to Senior Lady Frontier Cartridge.

Tab

are you still under your wifes thumb?

Will be good to see you again along with Alamo

Well if it will help I'll gladly switch to Senior Lady Frontier Cartridge.

...thanks fer offerin', just send in that thar signmeupform if'n you 'aven't already, and we'll even accept you shootin' B Western... if'n you be so inclined... <_<

...'ad a great shoot today! ...shooter's meeting at 0815 - shot only 5 stages due to the heat! ...and done by 1100 hours. Everybody did great, posse w**ked like a well oiled machine!

Here's what Catoosa Red has to say about this coming weekend:

"Greetings all! We will be having a work day at ITSASS this Saturday so come on out and join us if you can. We cannot get into the ranch any earlier than 7:00am so we will start @ 7:00am probably finish around noon. Ruckus is coming soon and we have lots to do! Bring plenty of cold drinks, tools, ladders, etc...

Aloha makamaka (friends)! Sunday will be our annual Hawaiian Days Shoot. Normally we would have Team Matches on the 5th Sunday but because Ruckus is fast approaching we will shoot a normal match - just wear you finest Hawaiian clothes! Almost anything goes except flip flops! We welcome all malihini (visitors) and kama'aina (locals) here at ITSASS. Some lucky shooters may even get a lei! Award goes to the best dressed Man and Woman shooter - so pull out all the stops! Safety meeting at 8:00 am."

Sounds like we be busy 'ere'bouts!

...Catoosa Red also had this to say:

"Need anything? Cowboy Shooter Supply may just have it! Kiamchi Queen & Joe Brisco will be at the ITSASS shoot on Sunday. They can be reached at http://www.cowboyshooterssupply.com/ or by phone 580.873.2663"

...and these folks are mighty fine pards to ride the trail with...

Glad to hear Shooter Supply will be there

Black River Jack and I well be comming up

Glad to hear Shooter Supply will be there

Black River Jack and I well be comming up

...well, come on! When you get to Buzzard Gulch, look around a bit and you'll notice that w**k is goin' on fer sure!!! Stage 2, Okb's favorite by the way, is gettin' finished out right nice and whut used to be Greener Pastures has the startin' of the 2 story hotel...

...also been some rock and dirt movin', and general cleanin' up...

Howdy,

Is there a shooter's list out yet ?

:wacko:

Alamo

"Riders of the Trail" Tour 2012

...not yet... ...them thar signmeupforms are still comin' in... if'n there be folks that you're wantin' to shoot wit, drop Burly Bill a note or just call 'im...

...gotta w**k day Saturday morning startin' at 0700 hours... ...will w**k until it gets hot, around noon or so...

...preparations are bein' made for Ruckus in the Nations fer sure!!!!

...'ad a great w**k day this mornin'!

...'ad 12-15 folks out w**kin' on the Stage 2/Freight Office and Stage 5/The Hotel...

...the Freight Office is fixin' up nicely; always have liked this stage; and now it is even better!

...thanks to all the brave souls that came out an' w**ked!!!

...and here's what Catoosa Red had to say:

"Good afternoon fellow shooters! It was another not so hot day at ITSASS - really, it wasnt too bad. If I keep telling myself that it will make it so, right? It was Hawaiian Day at ITSASS and there were some pretty great (awful) costumes! Congrats to Red Knee & Add E Starr - best dressed man & woman. They went home with a beautiful pineapple for their efforts!

Congrats to Roys Creek Dan - our overall match winner! Big pat on the back for clean matches to Kiamichi Queen, Loansome Buck & Pancho Lopez - way to go!

W**k day next Saturday - come on out and see the progress. Stage two is now covered and the Hotel is taking shape."

...gotta another w**k day comin' up this Saturday-startin' at 0700 hours, August 4 2012... ...gotta just thank all those dedicated hard w**kin' folks who come out and help get Buzzard Gulch all slicked up!!!

...and it's just 50 days until "Ruckus in the Nations"!

Catoosa Red had this to say:

"Yes, you read that right! Ruckus is coming up quickly and we want our range to look better than ever! ITSASS will be working on finishing the new flooring for stage 2 and getting the top on stage 5. We will start at 7:00 - that is as early as you can get in. Please bring plenty of water/gatorade, ladders, tools, etc."

...just how long 'til Ruckus in the Nations you ask...

48 days

1153 hours

69218 minutes

4153132 seconds

...but who's countin'?

...that thought hadn't crossed our minds!!! ...One Eye Okie being an Industrial Arts Teacher and all!

Catoosa Red has this to say:

"Greetings all - yes, we are having another work day at ITSASS this Saturday. A lot of progress has been made over the last several weeks but there is still plenty to do! We will start at 7:00am - you can NOT get in the gate any earlier! Even if the code works - the ranch foreman will not allow you on the property before 7:00am. Please bring tools, ladders, etc PLUS plenty of cold drinks."

...stage 2, Freight Office, and stage 5, The Hotel, are fixin' up right nice!!!!

...by the way, we've received over 100 signmeupforms so far... :D

Catoosa Red had this to say today:

"Greetings all - Ruckus in the Nations is coming up quick! September 20th is just about 6 short weeks away! As of today, we have 50% more shooters signed up than we did last year at this time. So if you are thinking about shooting the Oklahoma Sate Championship its time to get your entries in. We still have vendor space available - contact me if you want to have a space.

Ruckus News:

We are offering 1st, 2nd & 3rd place trophies for all Side Matches

We are offering all SASS sanctioned categories, no matter how many are signed up for it

If at least 3 people sign up for a class that is not offered (if received by Sept 5th)- we will OFFER it! Ex: Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter

We are offering the RO I & RO II Courses on Thursday 9/20 - $15.00 for RO I, $25.00 for RO II (let me know if you have questions or are interested in signing up)

All of our stages will be covered - great to get out of the sun or rain

Plenty of camping still available."

...wonder how many days until Ruckus in the Nations???

...well, the answer is it is just 42 days until Ruckus in the Nations...

Catoosa Red also had this to say:

"Greetings all - I am sending this out for Stiff Finger Jim, T. Leigh & Harold Davis. They would like to send a heartfelt "Thank You" to everyone who has called and offered to help since the terrible fires in Mannford last weekend. Even though the fire took some of Harold Davis' outbuildings and got up into Stiff Finger Jim & T. Leigh's backyard, both of their houses were spared, more importantly - their lives! As T. Leigh told me, the rest is just "stuff". They are fine but exhausted. The good news is that they both have their electricity and water back on as of this evening. They both expressed to me how touched they were by everyone's concern and offers of assistance. That is a great example of the "Cowboy Way"!

Thank you again!"

Archived